SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 05:55 AM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondajet View Post
Just received the FW Mirage 2000 Lux version, with the FW inrunner motor and the FW specific inrunner casing for the 80mm Fan setup which is a different part item to the Outrunner version motor.

The motor is attached to the fan from the Rear..... That is if you look up the Jetpipe from the empenage (Tailplane) towards the nose, you will see the motor first with its 3 power cables then the 80mm metal fan shroud then the fan..

I suppose that is what you call a Front Mount Setup......Turbine Fan attached to the Front of the motor shaft.

Their Outrunner is setup the same way ..... in other words...... the turbine fan jet blast is directed past the motor in the same way as the RR bypass Turbofan engines work that power the present Wide Body Airliner fleet.

No, the fan i has is a normal front mount, the screws that mount the motor are right behind the fan. The fan version your talk about is the outrunner mount at the rear. My issue now is not mounting any inrunner, it mounting the fan to the inrunner shaft. Spoke to Motion and he said it was a proprietary FW design. So you cannot use their fan with any other motor but FW. So i looking into another 12B rotor. A WeMo adapter could be shaved a hair and fit but it's only a 4mm shaft. I need a 5mm shaft form my motor. Hey it part of the hobby, huh??
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 05:57 AM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,234 Posts
If you look closely at the inrunner upgrade on Motion rc you will see a little piece that sits on the shaft. That's what i need!
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Old Today, 07:48 AM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
2,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racoandy View Post
"Tubes"? I only have one tube for the wing and one hole.......????
Ok...tube sorry about that ...finger kept on typeing
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
Old Today, 08:08 AM
ROLL, PITCH, YAW
Joined Jan 2011
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy View Post
Be sure and check the set screw alignment, relative to the flats on the gear pins
I do remember seeing that post previously and I'll be checking that this evening. Just leisurely going over this bird bit-by-bit based on what others have posted here.

Looks like the weather will not be cooperative this weekend in the US mid-Altlantic region so the down time will allow me to take a thorough look at everything. I must say though, compared to some other foamies I own this model doesn't provide much to scrutinize...Even all of the control surfaces were pretty close to centered right out of the box. Only had to do a couple of clevis turns for flaps and of course to bring the elevators up to suggested trim level.
washab is offline Find More Posts by washab