HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:27 PM
Mexico
Joined May 2004
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudyIFR View Post
I only have version 6.5 so i can't teat it. It only costs time to download it and try it. If you do please report back.

Thanks
Curtis
Fair enough. I'll try it and report back.

Luis
Luis Moya is offline Find More Posts by Luis Moya
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:41 AM
Joined May 2012
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Moya View Post
Would the gliders in this thread work with version 4.5?

All the best,

Luis [in Mexico]
Lius,

RF planes are backward capable, usually with adjustments.
Planes made under an earlier version of RF often require minor changes to the physics when running under a newer version, due to on going realism changes and improvements to the simulator. RF is not necessarily forward compatible though, so it is "see if it works" on a case by case basis.
While I started with ver 6.0 last spring, I understand from others on the KE forum there have been many improvements over the years, so upgrading to 6.5 would be the best choice. Upgrades are less money than buying a new copy of RF with it's USB Tx. However, if you've worn out the sticks on your present RF Tx, then that may be a reason for you to consider buying 6.5.

Please keep us informed as to how the gliders work for you with 4.5.
Fly_electric2 is offline Find More Posts by Fly_electric2
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:45 AM
United States, UT, Marysvale
Joined Aug 2004
1,113 Posts
I have been flying many of the custom model gliders from the Knifeedge swap pages (between g3 through g6.5). I have put tow hooks on all of them it seems they are originally set up for hand launch in the swap pages. I really like the big "Maxim High liner" The bungee is a little on the weak side for this big glider. Is there a way to hop up the bungee so I can get a better launch for the Maxim High liner Glider?
Vrated is offline Find More Posts by Vrated
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:28 PM
Red Merle ALES
United States, Mt, Helena
Joined Apr 2002
5,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrated View Post
I have been flying many of the custom model gliders from the Knifeedge swap pages (between g3 through g6.5). I have put tow hooks on all of them it seems they are originally set up for hand launch in the swap pages. I really like the big "Maxim High liner" The bungee is a little on the weak side for this big glider. Is there a way to hop up the bungee so I can get a better launch for the Maxim High liner Glider?
Go to the "Environment" menu and select Edit Thermal Park or whatever airport is there. You'll get four windows that open up. In the photo below you want to select in the "Folding Listing" window "Control Objects" and "Bungee Anchor". Then in the "Properties" window you'll see at the bottom "Rubber Portion Percentage" and "Maximum Distance". Change those and you'll get a higher launch.

I'm glad you're having fun!
Curtis
Curtis Suter is online now Find More Posts by Curtis Suter
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:48 AM
DZM
Joined Sep 2012
28 Posts
Have problem no "Bungee Anchor"
DZM is offline Find More Posts by DZM
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:08 AM
Red Merle ALES
Joined Apr 2002
5,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZM View Post
Have problem no "Bungee Anchor"
Huh? You could either try downloading the file again as something didn't go right. Oh, are you using ver 6.5? If that matter, not sure.

Or you can add a Bungee yourself.
Select "Control Objects" in the "Folder Listing" window.
Then in the "Object Pallet" window select "RealFlight 6.5" then click the + sign by "Control Objects" and finally "Bungee Anchor". Click Add and then you'll see the Bungee Anchor in the Folder Listing.

Curtis
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:04 PM
DZM
Joined Sep 2012
28 Posts
Bad for me i got only G4.5
DZM is offline Find More Posts by DZM
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:10 PM
Maryland
Joined Dec 2002
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZM View Post
Bad for me i got only G4.5
Not so bad you can get the upgrade version of RF6 for a lot less than the full version.
http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc...dproduct=13555
rc4fun is offline Find More Posts by rc4fun
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:01 PM
United States, UT, Marysvale
Joined Aug 2004
1,113 Posts
Quote:
Go to the "Environment" menu and select Edit Thermal Park or whatever airport is there. You'll get four windows that open up. In the photo below you want to select in the "Folding Listing" window "Control Objects" and "Bungee Anchor". Then in the "Properties" window you'll see at the bottom "Rubber Portion Percentage" and "Maximum Distance". Change those and you'll get a higher launch.

I'm glad you're having fun!
Curtis
Thanks, That works good for the High liner Maxim.
Vrated is offline Find More Posts by Vrated
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:24 PM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,297 Posts
Has anyone made a virtual Bubble Dancer or similar?
Trisquire is offline Find More Posts by Trisquire
Last edited by Trisquire; Jan 16, 2013 at 05:18 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:35 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2012
207 Posts
Any idea why my session keeps resetting right after launch? I will launch.. and right at the height of the launch I will level off and then it resets. Doesnt seem to be dependent on height though.. seems like something is not set right ... but I have no idea what.

Super frustrating though.

Edit... just discovered if I touch NOTHING.. it wont reset.. but I wanted to pull up like a dlg launch... ugh.

Edit #2 ... seems to be related to reaching a preset Stall speed. Which I am not sure I can change.. because the stall speed set (if thats the case) is way too fast.
DeadServo is offline Find More Posts by DeadServo
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:34 PM
Red Merle ALES
Joined Apr 2002
5,668 Posts
DeadServo,
I would try rebooting if you have not done so as I have had some weird issues too and that has solved them.

Curtis
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:41 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2012
207 Posts
Quote:
DeadServo,
I would try rebooting if you have not done so as I have had some weird issues too and that has solved them.

Curtis
This is a problem I have had for a long time it is unfortunately not specific to your files.

It seems to be related to a faulty controller as everything works great until I validate my controller.

Anyhow I have written to real flight and I am sure they will fix the issue.
DeadServo is offline Find More Posts by DeadServo
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:55 AM
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jan 2001
1,697 Posts
OK, you convinced me. I broke down and bought RF 6.5. I've made two flights so far with the RF-97. Its a good flyer, launched by aerotow. Now, if I could just figure out how to release the towplane! Anyway, I haven't crashed it yet. (Not sure what happens to the towplane, tho!) Tonight, I'll download your stuff and give it a try.

Quote:
Hey George, how are ya!?

Yep, I am having fun with it in the cold Montana winter.
I happen to be passionate about most things I do and enjoy sharing them too.

Curtis
georgeg is online now Find More Posts by georgeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:19 PM
United States, WI, Stoddard
Joined Dec 2009
1,141 Posts
Hi all. Curtis removing the arrows produced good flights.Much better.
Does red merl really fly that good?If so I think I found next winters project.
doc993 is offline Find More Posts by doc993