HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:25 PM
Registered User
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Mar 2012
61 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King Customre Service Sucks

You are now chatting with : Ivy (Customer Service)
Ivy: Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?
You: 200**********
You: order number
You: Hi, Ivy. Me agian
You: again
You: Can you please help me with this order?
Ivy: Thank you for contacting HobbyKing! How may I help you?
You: 200********
You: order number
You: You were working on this order earlier
You: This order was supposed to be re shipped to
You: 2033 *************
You: Placed end of July 2012
You: Please help!!!
You: I am very frustrated
You: Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
You: Please reply/ answer so I know that something is happening
You: This was a battery order
You:
You: Still there Ivy??
Ivy: Unfortunately, the items have already been returned to stock. Please place a new order instead. I have returned $35.96 to your account as store credits. You can use your store credits to pay off the items on your next purchase.
Ivy: Is there anything else that I may help you with?
You: No
You: This is unacceptable
You: This was supposed to be re shipped
You: I expect my full order to be re shipped or refunded FULL amount
You: What steps need to be taken to either get my full order re shipped
You: Or
You: Get a FULL refund
You: I would prefer to have my order shipped complete
You: Just like the way it was supposed to be shipped the firdt time
You: What steps are youtaking to make this happen?
You: I was told in my last chat that this would be re shipped as soon as product was back and I would receive a confirmation email.
You: Someone needs to check chat logs
You: I have yet to receive a confirmation email and now your telling me this?
You: Not good
You: When will I receive my completed order?
You: Ivy???
You: I am still waiting on an answer
You: It is now going on 30 minutes to resolve this issue. Please advise you next step.
You: We have no surpassed the 30 minute mark with no answer or conclusion on when this order will be re shipped.


This went on for over 1 hour with no answer. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM THEM AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE OF THEIR AWFUL SERVICE!
jasmiller is offline Find More Posts by jasmiller
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:45 AM
Space Coast USA
hoppy's Avatar
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,030 Posts
How to get your money back.

Goto the HK SUPPORT CENTRE and submit an ISSUE request with the order info.

#1 Sign in on HK website
#2 Go to Contact at the bottom of the page.
#3 Go to Support Centre
#4 Go to Submit a Request
#5 Submit request.
Request that your funds including shipping be returned to the payment source, and not as store credits.

The refund will not be instantaneous, it may take a week(s).

I do all communications with them via "issue request" as all subsequent discussions are recorded against the that number making the history easy to follow.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmiller View Post

This went on for over 1 hour with no answer. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM THEM AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE OF THEIR AWFUL SERVICE!
You ordered in July and it's now October. Why waste soo much of your time on businesses with such incompetent CS.
I seldom order from any business that doesn't accept Paypal (especially china based businesses).
If I have a problem with an order and the business refuses to resolve the problem or they give me the run around I quickly open a Paypal dispute. If they continue to ignore the problem I quickly escalate the dispute to a claim. It has always worked for me. Remember you must open the dispute within 45 days.
If you didn't use Paypal contact your CC company for help.
HK doesn't care if you never purchase from them again or if you tell everyone of their Awful service. That's obvious.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Oct 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:31 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
startazz's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,759 Posts
What's the big problem here because from what i've just read HK replaced your money?
Ok you wanted HK to jump through hoops and send off the order again but come on how hard is it to just put in the order again yourself,isn't life way to short to get this up set all because HK didn't resend your batteries.

Plus you say your going to tell everyone about there awful service,i really don't see anything that awful here,as i said you got you money back so just let it go already.

Now if you want 100% CS and the prices to go with it then there are companies out there that will be only to happy to take your money,so it's not really that bad at the end of the day is it.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:04 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
I know what your talking about here for sure... Ordered an rtf plane a few weeks ago. Arrived monday and got it assembled. first test, checking it out, motor ran for about only 30 seconds. thought it was the lipo, so i charged it.. Second test, motor failed and just spun at finger spinning speed... Defective...

Opened a support ticket and provided the details. No response a day later, so I started a live chat in support, they closed the session and hung up on me... Then, the next day I get an email from HK, saying problem solved....

What? problem solved? is a replacement motor on its way? No... Did they talk to me about it? No.... OMG what a bunch of jerks.

And for disclosure, I am no novice. I've been flying rc for 20 years and i have the largest rc jet channel on youtube with 14 million plays and 7,000 subscribers. Not saying i am King anything, but I am no novice. HK CS flat out sucks and I would take Banana over them any day at this point.
b101aa3 is offline Find More Posts by b101aa3
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b101aa3 View Post
I know what your talking about here for sure... Ordered an rtf plane a few weeks ago. Arrived monday and got it assembled. first test, checking it out, motor ran for about only 30 seconds. thought it was the lipo, so i charged it.. Second test, motor failed and just spun at finger spinning speed... Defective...

Opened a support ticket and provided the details. No response a day later, so I started a live chat in support, they closed the session and hung up on me... Then, the next day I get an email from HK, saying problem solved....

What? problem solved? is a replacement motor on its way? No... Did they talk to me about it? No.... OMG what a bunch of jerks.

And for disclosure, I am no novice. I've been flying rc for 20 years and i have the largest rc jet channel on youtube with 14 million plays and 7,000 subscribers. Not saying i am King anything, but I am no novice. HK CS flat out sucks and I would take Banana over them any day at this point.
Hopefully you paid with Paypal. (45 day deadline to open a dispute) They provide the CS that HK does not.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:59 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
Hopefully you paid with Paypal. (45 day deadline to open a dispute) They provide the CS that HK does not.

I used regular CC purchasing. sucks for me...

BTW... I posted on their Facebook page.... They freaking Banned me from their page... WOW! What a crock.
b101aa3 is offline Find More Posts by b101aa3
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:16 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmiller View Post
You: This order was supposed to be re shipped to
You: 2033 *************
You: Placed end of July 2012

This went on for over 1 hour with no answer. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM THEM AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE OF THEIR AWFUL SERVICE!
So why did they have to reship?
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2012, 08:25 AM
FPV'r
ror1's Avatar
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
what's the big problem here because from what i've just read hk replaced your money?
Ok you wanted hk to jump through hoops and send off the order again but come on how hard is it to just put in the order again yourself,isn't life way to short to get this up set all because hk didn't resend your batteries.

Plus you say your going to tell everyone about there awful service,i really don't see anything that awful here,as i said you got you money back so just let it go already.

Now if you want 100% cs and the prices to go with it then there are companies out there that will be only to happy to take your money,so it's not really that bad at the end of the day is it.
+1...
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:17 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
Heh, they can't tell me specs on their own in-house brands, and can't tell me what prop adapter will fit, don't know the difference between a collet and a bolt-on adapter, and recc a 6mm collet for an 8mm shaft.

But, it's like going to the dollar store and complaining the socket set is not as strong as snap-on's...

I bought a plane with a turnigy motor on it, but I have to say I'll think long and hard about buying a turnigy motor new, not because of problems with the motor but because I have to tear it apart to figure out the bearing sizes, and I'll probably have to buy a hatfull of prop adapters to find one that fits.
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:54 AM
FPV'r
ror1's Avatar
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave View Post
Heh, they can't tell me specs on their own in-house brands, and can't tell me what prop adapter will fit, don't know the difference between a collet and a bolt-on adapter, and recc a 6mm collet for an 8mm shaft.

But, it's like going to the dollar store and complaining the socket set is not as strong as snap-on's...

I bought a plane with a turnigy motor on it, but I have to say I'll think long and hard about buying a turnigy motor new, not because of problems with the motor but because I have to tear it apart to figure out the bearing sizes, and I'll probably have to buy a hatfull of prop adapters to find one that fits.
what are you talking about?, G25: the shaft size is right on the item's page.
i.e. "Diameter of shaft: 5mm"
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:01 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
I didn't say that was the spec I was looking for- in fact, you make my point for me.

I told them the exact model number, and that I wanted a replacement BOLT ON prop adapter, and they sent me the link to a 6mm COLLET, which wouldn't even fit the 8mm shaft on the motor I was contacting them about!
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:00 PM
FPV'r
ror1's Avatar
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave View Post
I didn't say that was the spec I was looking for- in fact, you make my point for me.

I told them the exact model number, and that I wanted a replacement BOLT ON prop adapter, and they sent me the link to a 6mm COLLET, which wouldn't even fit the 8mm shaft on the motor I was contacting them about!
sorry to hear. I think HK support can really only refund you for damaged/missing parts and that is it.
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
56 Posts
...
co pilot is offline Find More Posts by co pilot
Last edited by co pilot; Nov 02, 2012 at 08:38 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:13 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
rcalldaylong's Avatar
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by co pilot View Post
Just be careful, there is a certain bunch that hates on people who post bad experiences with hobbyking.
oh no. The big "H" word again.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rant Hobby king is NO customer service KING Easyrydr HobbyKing 7 Dec 11, 2012 12:05 AM
Discussion Hobby King's lack of customer service Joe 1320 HobbyKing 18 Jun 08, 2012 02:58 PM
Alert Hobby King NANO TECH and their terrible customer service. tascheri HobbyKing 9 May 30, 2012 07:45 AM
Rant Hobby King Customer service. Easyrydr HobbyKing 15 Apr 15, 2012 03:26 AM
Discussion Hobby King Customer Service dazed&confuzed Hobby Stores 1 Mar 25, 2012 09:48 PM