HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by georgy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:37 PM
Allways the hard way!
South Africa, GP, Germiston
Joined Jan 2012
456 Posts
Discussion
My trials & tribulations

Sooo... I've been back in flying after 17years! Hours of sim then off to the field with a friend. (Sept 2011) Obviously the crappy chinese foamy had to have a bum rudder servo! Well, that my day! No way... unplug the servo, set the rudder straight & launch.... bout 2 min flight. Perfect. (lucky i had a stubby arial 2.4, else i might have taken an eye out with my shaking!)

In fact, the mayden went so well that i bought a L-39 64mm EDF the next weekend! YA RIGHT! That was an eye-opener to my lack of skill. Still, it survived.

Moved to profile slot-jets & thats been my 1st love ever since. Skyray (with the guts from my 1st foamy TB-20), then an own design MIG-15 followed by a small E/Fighter. Boy, does that little E/F go...

This "hot" E/F led me to try a "performance" jobby. My sport slot-jet running a 450 heli motor... all of 52amps pushing about 1.5-1 power-to-weight ratio. Mayden done but lots of work before the next flight....
georgy is online now Find More Posts by georgy
to remove ads between posts