HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Oct 2010
18 Posts
I am about to finally buy a #16 V2 from eletoponline. Just one last (very silly) question please? There's a post by Tom Frank stating the TV-Out facility shortens the recording time by ten minutes. I'm not completely clear on the video out function but I do want the longest possible recording time. I doubt I'll even use the TV-Out. I don't mind paying the extra for a V2. So if I buy a V2 and don't use the TV-Out facility will I still get the recording time a V1 provides? I just can't get my head round this and I know it's probably a dumb question but I just want to be sure before I pull the trigger on a purchase. Thanks for putting up with me guys.
Lordlucan is offline Find More Posts by Lordlucan
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Oct 2010
18 Posts
Never mind. I got my answer. Apparently tv out does reduce the recording time but can be switched off! Great!
Lordlucan is offline Find More Posts by Lordlucan
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:29 PM
Manassas, Virginia
Joined May 2008
425 Posts
Can this camera be set to take still photos at a periodic rate? For example one photo per second while flying.
I bought this camera (#16) recently. It took 8 days to arrive (very quick). I am happy with my first videos.
GCplane is offline Find More Posts by GCplane
Last edited by GCplane; Nov 18, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:36 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCplane View Post
Can this camera be set to take still photos at a periodic rate? For example one photo per second while flying.
Yes, it can do that as well as several other delay settings.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:40 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianvc View Post
hi isoprop, thanks for the reply. I've done all that and succeeded in using the new firmware and used the new gui. when re-checking the config in the cam it shows the correct selections i made including motion sensor but doesn't function. just keeps recording till i manually stop it as per normal.
every time i've installed the new fimware i've started by formatting in camera just to be sure.
When you turn on the camera, are you pressing the power button and no other button? If you press the shutter button immediately after powering up it's posible to start a normal recording and by pass the initial motion detection function for the first video clip.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:44 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
While on the subject of searching around.....

If it is a take off or not it is a more compact case I like to see on the #16.
It doesn't look THAT much more compact. It could be shorter but wider. Or a photo with wrong aspect ratio. How about a side by side picture of both before jumping to conclusions? Nothing to get excited about in any event...
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:06 PM
BDM
Joined Jan 2005
5 Posts
Webcam on Macintosh?

I'm getting "no video" in webcam mode on my Mac. Is it known that the Mac should be okay?
BDM is offline Find More Posts by BDM
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:12 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintail1 View Post
Hi, just looking around on ebay & found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-GB-HD-S...item20c2b4b1ec if you look at the video you will see that it is not 808#16 HD, uless I got it wrong.

pintail.
No, not HD and off topic here. See the "Mega Keychain camera" thread for this old VGA resolution version of the 808-case style cameras.

True HD will have at lease 1280x720p video, and most will use H.264 video codec.
Last edited by Tom Frank; Nov 18, 2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:34 PM
United Kingdom, England, Norfk
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
No, not HD and off topic here. See the "Mega Keychain camera" thread for this old NGA version of the 808-case style cameras.

True HD will have at lease 1280x720p video, and most will use H.264 video codec.
Sorry Tom, I know its OT but just letting poeple know that there are fakes out there.
pintail.
pintail1 is online now Find More Posts by pintail1
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:57 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,166 Posts
Pintail,
I think that's why Tom created the 'list' of recommended retailers/ebay stores on Post#2 of this thread. So we know where to get the real deal!!
-B!
Fugitive_Bill is online now Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:04 PM
United Kingdom, England, Norfk
Joined Mar 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
Pintail,
I think that's why Tom created the 'list' of recommended retailers/ebay stores on Post#2 of this thread. So we know where to get the real deal!!
-B!
Yes your are right there, but a lot of poeple don't read the first five posts.

pintail.
pintail1 is online now Find More Posts by pintail1
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:04 PM
BDM
Joined Jan 2005
5 Posts
Time lapse with external power

The camera will run from an external power supply. It seems to draw about 200 mA in movie mode. I'd like to run it for many hours, and I don't need movies. But it doesn't seem to run in time lapse mode from an external power supply. It shuts down. Is anything known about this?
BDM is offline Find More Posts by BDM
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:15 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDM View Post
The camera will run from an external power supply. It seems to draw about 200 mA in movie mode. I'd like to run it for many hours, and I don't need movies. But it doesn't seem to run in time lapse mode from an external power supply. It shuts down. Is anything known about this?
How long does yours run before it shuts down, and what is your external power source? It should keep shooting stills until the memory card is full, the power source is insufficient, or you manually shut it off. Unless... something else is going on with yours.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:30 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pintail1 View Post
Yes your are right there, but a lot of poeple don't read the first five posts.

pintail.
That's why I put this "requirement" in the title of the thread. I appreciate your good intentions, but if you've been following this thread very long you've seen a lot of users don't read ANY of the thread when they log on, nor do they search for answers for questions... they just log on and post questions that have been asked and answered dozens of times (sometimes on the same page of posts!). So adding a single post that identifies one bogus camera (there are many) is not going to be any more visible to these users once it rolls to the next page, and this thread moves so fast that can be in just a few hours.

Quite honestly, I don't have a lot of sympathy for those who don't even try to help themselves by using the resources this thread provides.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:02 PM
Noob with Issues
United States, AZ, Maricopa
Joined Jul 2011
1,058 Posts
Ok here is a video of my first attempt at recording, editing and posting a video... Flight time less then three min. editing time less then 3hrs the on-board camera is my key cam #16 d lens. ohh.. this is a maiden flight !
Duke B60 Flight Video (2 min 44 sec)
crash74 is offline Find More Posts by crash74