HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 17, 2011, 02:39 PM
United States, CA, Squaw Valley
Joined Apr 2011
244 Posts
Discussion
F-Series 4ch for $28 shipped

Came across this on ae. Does anyone have this heli? And if so what are your impressions?

Click Here

Name: 4Ch.jpg
Views: 195
Size: 6.1 KB
Description:
davalf is offline Find More Posts by davalf
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2011, 04:15 PM
Joined Apr 2011
244 Posts
The real question is, do I order one of these, or do I go play a round of golf tomorrow?

Life is full of really tough decisions!
Old May 17, 2011, 04:24 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
ah we were just discussing that funny spring below the swash yesterday in the less than $22/$44 thread

i think its a veryyyyy tame flyer cause to me it looks like that spring restricts any major cyclic movements but that may be a good thing for 4ch beginner as its more smooth and stable.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old May 17, 2011, 05:08 PM
Joined Apr 2011
244 Posts
I was thinking that spring was just a self leveler. The price is right on this one, I would just like to get a little more feed back before I pull the trigger.
Old May 17, 2011, 05:10 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Scorp, again, as we discussed in the other thread, most of us don't believe that spring "restricts" the movement of the swashplate in any way. If that were the case, then the servos wouldn't last very long straining against that spring. It's just a device to keep the swash level when the cyclic inputs stop.

The best way to restrict cyclic movement would be to set up the linkages so that the throw is short.

You're probably right about this heli being docile in performance though, maybe like the original E-Flite/Blade mCX. We'll have to wait on feedback from someone who has purchased one.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
ah we were just discussing that funny spring below the swash yesterday in the less than $22/$44 thread

i think its a veryyyyy tame flyer cause to me it looks like that spring restricts any major cyclic movements but that may be a good thing for 4ch beginner as its more smooth and stable.
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old May 18, 2011, 11:18 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davalf View Post
The real question is, do I order one of these, or do I go play a round of golf tomorrow?

Life is full of really tough decisions!

i'd say pick one up cause a bunch of us are wondering what the spring does and if it turns out to be too tame for you, you can always remove it
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old May 18, 2011, 04:26 PM
Joined Apr 2011
244 Posts
Well, I made a poor decision. I went golfing. I do not know why I pay to get really frustrated. Oh well... We will have too see what the finances do before I can order one.

Dave
Old May 19, 2011, 11:30 AM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
I have another 4CH with such a spring, and it does nothing to restrict movement. It flies better than my other 4CH coaxials for that matter. I would not hesitate to buy another.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old May 21, 2011, 01:32 PM
Joined Apr 2011
244 Posts
So no one has pulled the trigger yet? Well, I have still been debating on wether or not to buy this helicopter. So I did a little more research on it and found it under a different name. There is a youtube review: here

And spare parts: here

Everything seems alright so I might be making another purchase real soon. Let me know what you guys think.

Dave
Old May 21, 2011, 03:37 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Interesting and I might have to go for it myself.

I would prefer a true wall charger but that AC/USB adapter is still useful, assuming the one in the video is the same helicopter of course! Huge battery for the size too. Nice.

Based again on the video I'd say this is an upgraded FX025, which is a great 4CH coaxial. The boxing is very similar as is the styling.

HOWEVER:

Notice that the swash spring is FX025-style and doesn't look like the Ali Express helicopter. Also, no fake tail rotor - again like the FX025. Even the tailboom and fin look like an FX025's. The Tx housing is not like the FX025 though, and is shaped more like an S107 Tx. I wonder if the Tx is Mode 4 like the EXCELLENT FX025?
Old May 21, 2011, 03:41 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Hmm, searching around I find pictures of the F2011 that show two different tails, with and without the fake rotor blade and two fin shapes. Also in spare parts the spring looks like the one in the Ali Express pic.

Also contrary to your video link above the battery seems to be 170mAh which is much more plausible. Maybe the guy misread the markings.

Check this out: http://www.e-flight.cn/english/Productshow.asp?id=24
Old May 21, 2011, 04:50 PM
Joined Apr 2011
244 Posts
Ok, I pulled the trigger. SubtleT, the battery in the vid seemed to large to me as well. But, I am so new to this hobby I wasnt sure. You mentioned a mode 4 Tx, I was hopeing for mode 2... What is mode 4?

Dave
Old May 21, 2011, 05:18 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Mode 4 has "rudder" on the right stick like a 3CH Tx, and "aileron" on the left stick. We'll see what this one you ordered has, could go either way.

The specs on the F2011 manufacturer's site above say 170mAh. No idea what the guy in the video had there.

Took another look, and no way that's a 270mAh battery. Well I'm 95% sure ayway.
Old May 21, 2011, 05:28 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Does look like they pulled the AC/USB adapter from the Ali Ex boxes or this is a SKU that doesn't have it. Nice deal though.

Buy two, they're small!
Old May 21, 2011, 05:36 PM
Joined Apr 2011
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleT View Post
Buy two, they're small!
I was going to, but I wanted to make sure there was at least one in stock for you.