Joined Mar 2015
2 Posts
Question
Help to chose a first FPV (low budget)

Hi,

I want to buy a first FPV Quadcopter for fun my budget is arround $100

I want at least a 30cm quadcopter

I found 3 models

1) WLtoys V686G 4CH 5.8G FPV Real Time Transmission 2.4G RC Quadcopter with 2.0MP Camera Headless Mode Auto - Return Function

2) SKY HAWKEYE 1315S 5.8G FPV Real Time Transmission RC Quadcopter with 0.3MP HD Camera Headless Mode 2.4G 4 Channel 6 Axis Gyro RPV UFO

3) JJRC H9D 2.4G 4CH 6 Axis Gyro RC Quacopter with 0.3MP Camera FPV Real Time Transmission

or an another models

Could you help me and give me some advice

which of these models is the best for starting

Regards
Marc
mslr75 is offline Find More Posts by mslr75
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2015, 07:44 AM
Find More Posts by Byrdman
Winter Haven FL
Joined Dec 2003
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslr75 View Post
Hi,

I found 3 models

1) WLtoys V686G 4CH 5.8G FPV Real Time Transmission 2.4G RC Quadcopter with 2.0MP Camera Headless Mode Auto - Return Function

2) SKY HAWKEYE 1315S 5.8G FPV Real Time Transmission RC Quadcopter with 0.3MP HD Camera Headless Mode 2.4G 4 Channel 6 Axis Gyro RPV UFO

3) JJRC H9D 2.4G 4CH 6 Axis Gyro RC Quacopter with 0.3MP Camera FPV Real Time Transmission

or an another models

Regards
Marc
IMO, you should save up another month or so and spend more. You can get so much more for your money if you do. Maybe get a $50 toy to practice flying until you are able to spend more.
Byrdman is offline Find More Posts by Byrdman
Old Mar 12, 2015, 08:01 AM
Find More Posts by John Luciano
United States, CT, Kent
Joined Nov 2009
282 Posts
I agree. If you never have flown RC. You should buy a toy to crash with. It will be months before you will use any of the functions you think you need. Spending $100 more gets you 200% better quad. Also in the past 6 mo the price has dropped and the products have improved. What cost $600 last year is $350 this year. Would be a shame to watch your $200 quad go out and fly away because you lacked the experience.
John Luciano is offline Find More Posts by John Luciano
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:00 AM
Find More Posts by mslr75
Joined Mar 2015
2 Posts
Thank's a lot for your advice

so what do you think about the Huajun HJ818 ?

Marc
mslr75 is offline Find More Posts by mslr75
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:42 AM
Find More Posts by John Luciano
United States, CT, Kent
Joined Nov 2009
282 Posts
Read this post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2353463
The V686 RTH is not really that. All that happens is it goes in the opposite it direction it was flying in when you press the camera button 3 times. Can be confusing when taking photos.
John Luciano is offline Find More Posts by John Luciano
Last edited by John Luciano; Mar 12, 2015 at 10:48 AM.
Old Apr 03, 2015, 08:19 PM
Find More Posts by bgpoppatow
Canada, AB, Nanton
Joined Mar 2015
3 Posts
Actually fixed the motor. Was a gear shaft screw was loose and fell down on the shaft. I love it! handles quite well. Could use a better battery but got me interested enough to order a Cheerson cx 20 wch is a fabulous unit
bgpoppatow is offline Find More Posts by bgpoppatow
Old Apr 03, 2015, 09:11 PM
Find More Posts by Oldgazer
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Dec 2013
1,994 Posts
You need more cash.

All of the aircraft you picked are toys, and the WL Toys V686 is the worst of the bunch.
Oldgazer is offline Find More Posts by Oldgazer
Old Apr 03, 2015, 10:04 PM
Find More Posts by Factor
United States, VA, Mechanicsville
Joined Feb 2015
18 Posts
30cm on that budget is near impossible for anything worth owning I fear.

Personally, I'm having a ton of fun with a Blade Nano QX until the rest of my parts for my own 30cm FPV build comes in, but I've gone the exact opposite way and blown way too mu?ch on an overbuilt setup, but hey... its only money right? The Nano will save you a LOT of money in the long run. You can crash it full speed into just about anything and it will just bounce right off with little or no damage.
Factor is offline Find More Posts by Factor
Old Apr 04, 2015, 03:43 AM
Find More Posts by freel
Joined Feb 2015
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslr75 View Post
Hi,

I found 3 models

or an another models

Regards
Marc
You can get a pretty good introduction to FPV with a modified WLToys V686G. Out of the ones you've listed, its the only one that actually works well for FPV. You'll need to add a wide angle lens and mod the monitor into a pair of goggles. You'll also want to buy some extra batteries . For someone who has never flown FPV before, this quad gives a safe and cheap way to get introduced to the hobby. Safe because this is a very light quad with geared props that run at a fairly low RPM .. so you won't hurt yourself or someone else too badly if you were to crash it into someone. Despite this, it is a fairly responsive and acrobatic flyer.
freel is offline Find More Posts by freel
Last edited by freel; Apr 05, 2015 at 03:01 AM.