Old May 12, 2014, 11:26 PM
Find More Posts by gotswrv
United States, KS, Edgerton
Joined Aug 2007
104 Posts
New Product
EPP from LightRC.com

Hey Guys
Thought I'd post a quick thread up and announce I'm now selling EPP at www.lightrc.com Made in the USA, cut in the USA.
Still a lot of details to work out, need your input to make it work best. Right now I have 24x36" in 3mm, 6mm, 9mm, and in 1.3lb and 1.9lb densities. I will be offering 12x36, possibly as soon as this week.

A little about me and Light RC. Light RC has been around for over 8 years. It started by people I fly with wanting my foamy designs. Been through a lot of designs over the years. Had a couple balsa profiles, quads, lots of depron foamies, then got into EPP designs last year. Now that finding EPP is no longer an issue I plan on releasing more EPP planes this summer.

Last year went very well and required more and more EPP to produce planes. As many others did, I had trouble finding quality EPP.
Currently the first shipment of EPP is cut and ready to ship. This is by far the best quality EPP I've had hands on in some time. Thickness is spot on sheet after sheet. Most sources interviewed could not make the quality requirements I required. This tolerance was +/-.020". My supplier not only met this requirement but exceeded it. If any of you got the same junk I was getting, you know how good this is. Any sheets that are not spot on will be sold as blemished at a discount. This will include chunks missing, dirty, wavy, thickness variances, anything that I notice.
The other concern was my vendor always being out of stock. My supplier has committed to very reasonable turn time around to me. I am committed to making every effort to make this transparent to you. I believe the customer should be able to count on a vendor to keep product in stock.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing how to best serve. Please post you ideas and thoughts!

Thanks,
Sam
gotswrv is offline Find More Posts by gotswrv
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2014, 11:49 PM
Find More Posts by Dave McDonald
Pro Bro 415
USA, MO, Eldon
Joined Sep 2003
87 Posts
Sam has some REALLY nice flying airplane designs such as the Magnum, Sbach 35, and the Mini PBF. Having a good source of consistent EPP foam sheets is going to be a godsend to scratch builders. Thank you for doing this!
Dave McDonald is offline Find More Posts by Dave McDonald
Old May 13, 2014, 01:45 AM
Find More Posts by lv2soar
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,315 Posts
You have pricing yet?
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Old May 13, 2014, 07:40 AM
Joined Aug 2007
104 Posts
Absolutely
The site has everything but the 12x36 sizes now. I will be adding those this week as well as some package deals in the 12x36 size. I've tried to be competive with pricing and shipping. Please let me know if something seems out of line. It was a lot of info entered all at once, could have made mistakes.

Thanks
Sam
Site Sponsor
Old May 13, 2014, 03:09 PM
7up
Find More Posts by 7up
7up
,ɯǝ ʇoƃ ɐʎ ɟı ,ɯǝ ǝʞoɯs
USA, KY, West Liberty
Joined Jun 2001
1,154 Posts
Really nice prices for quality EPP.

-Buk
7up is offline Find More Posts by 7up
Old May 13, 2014, 09:20 PM
Joined Aug 2007
104 Posts
Tonight I worked on the menu a bit. Realizing that I hated trying to find the right product on the other guy's site so I wanted to do better. No real need for looking at every product offered if you know what you want.
The menu will now fly out allowing you to drill down right to the product level.

Still much work to be done and improvements to be made. Keep the PMs and posts coming!!
Site Sponsor
Old May 14, 2014, 12:09 AM
Find More Posts by Dave McDonald
Pro Bro 415
USA, MO, Eldon
Joined Sep 2003
87 Posts
The pull down menu sequential navigation is a nice touch! I like it!

But I'd still like to see one single web page where all of the EPP sheets are listed with the prices. It would make it much easier to compare the sheets and prices at a glance.
Dave McDonald is offline Find More Posts by Dave McDonald
Old May 14, 2014, 09:22 AM
Joined Aug 2007
104 Posts
Dave,
I can easily put up a price list page and link to products. Right now I am unsure how to make it so you purchase directly off that same page. I'll get the list up tonight and work on making it so yo can purchase there too.

I will say that the case deals are always going to be far better than any other deal. They are 15% off product plus free shipping. I plan on adding 1/2 case deals with a lesser discount and free shipping later. I will have case deals for the 12x36 sheets as well. These deals have the little red "sale" tag on them. I would rather it show the percentage off, just another thing to figure out...

Thanks Dave!
Ohh and any orders over $75 get you free shipping as well.
Site Sponsor
Old May 14, 2014, 11:09 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,315 Posts
What's the weight differance between the 1.3# and the 1.9# on the 3mm and 9 mm sheets? Thanks
Old May 14, 2014, 11:20 AM
Find More Posts by jb753
Williamsburg, Va, USA
Joined Jul 2001
325 Posts
Carton deals

I went to the site and selected 1.9# 9 mm and can only see the one sheet price. How do you access the carton selection and know what the savings are.
jb753 is offline Find More Posts by jb753
Old May 14, 2014, 11:43 AM
Joined Aug 2007
104 Posts
lv2soar,
I'll get back to you tonight, after work.

jb753,
Guess I messed up something last night.
Here is the link for that case:
http://www.lightrc.com/product/36x24...-9lb-epp-case/

And the rest
http://www.lightrc.com/product/36x24...-3lb-epp-case/

Any ideas for case combos are welcome. Trying to have a total af about 4" or 101mm total product height.
Site Sponsor
Old May 14, 2014, 11:48 PM
Joined Aug 2007
104 Posts
Dave,
I've spent all night beating my head against the laptop... Came up with this,
http://www.lightrc.com/?page_id=953
Had to manually put pricing on cases, the discount price is not coming thru.

lv2soar,
1.3lb
3mm 29g
6mm 60g
9mm 90g

1.9lb
3mm 45g
6mm 90g
9mm 136g

Attached is an image with theoretical weights. Looks like my sheets are slightly lighter than advertised on average. Sheets closer to the top or bottom will be slightly heavier than what I measured, avoided these sheets for this test.
Site Sponsor
Old May 14, 2014, 11:53 PM
Joined Aug 2007
104 Posts
Also,
Found that the menu links to product were going to an unnecessary category. ow it goes straight to the product which will show pricing. Tried to start linking products to similar things like same sheet in case, or same thickness in different density.
You should also be able to click the EPP Sheets on the menu and get straight into browsing.
Added a function that allows list vs grid view.
Attempted to add auto loading of the next page of product if more than a single page are available.
Site Sponsor
Old May 15, 2014, 12:43 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,315 Posts
Just curious, any chance of getting some 15mm and 18mm thick EPP ?
Old May 15, 2014, 08:20 AM
Joined Aug 2007
104 Posts
lv2soar,
I'm not apposed to getting whatever there is demand for. Thinking that a poll of what guys a looking for when I'm placing the next order will be in order.
Personally I'd like to try a higher density foam, like 2.2lb or maybe higher. Also thought about some 3mm in 4lb-6lb range as wing ribs.
Site Sponsor