SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:31 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Oh, i have no idea on the 3rd axis or if that includes the gimbal. For $3800 and 3 axis that would be a good deal.

I know the GH3 is looking pretty sweet and Boris is the man.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:59 PM
Flying Kiwi
Wellington, NZ
Joined Apr 2005
804 Posts
I was in the PH workshop last week - work is steadily moving forward on the DD system - as you can imagine there have been delays caused when they had to apply all their resource to sorting out the initial bugs in the skyline. I know for a fact they have all the motors for a significant run of DD gimbals - there is a long lead time for those motors and they are ready to go. They have been working on the driver boards for the motors and I believe they are well on track to get the first DD gimbals out sometime late Jan or early Feb.

BTW there is a very good new firmware for the skyline that is very close to release.

Cheers
booma is offline Find More Posts by booma
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:29 PM
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
Hello, the new AV200 seems to be Three times the price of the old one, what do you think of that ? Is it worth it ?

Personnaly I think it's way too much. I would pay 1800€ / 2300$ max, like the double of the regular...

When you see the dji zenmuse, yes you want something as good for sure. But does the dji zenmuse sell well ?

Who is ready to pay 3800$ without the skyline ?

MikaŽl
bebellm is offline Find More Posts by bebellm
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
Oh, i have no idea on the 3rd axis or if that includes the gimbal. For $3800 and 3 axis that would be a good deal.

I know the GH3 is looking pretty sweet and Boris is the man.
The Pan will be included and the Skyline too...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:35 AM
Joined Jul 2011
52 Posts
Quote:
That is $3800usd. Add the price of a Av200 and your looking at around $5k for a DD gimbal that we hope works as well as a Zenmuse but can take larger and different camera's. If that is true, they will sell a ton of them. At least that is what I think.
Hi Can you plase send me the link for Boris with Zenmouse and GH3 thanks
caju is offline Find More Posts by caju
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:56 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caju View Post
Hi Can you plase send me the link for Boris with Zenmouse and GH3 thanks
Check multirotor forums dot com.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
GH3 on Zenmuse Leveling from Boris Schwarz

GH3 on Zenmuse Leveling (0 min 20 sec)
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:01 PM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
GH3 with Zenmuse is a killer option!
But if DD AV200 is as good as Z-15 with any camera option available it looks more interesting.
Shame the price do. I think Z-15 is already heavily overpriced! But now it seems all other competitors are taking it's price as a base for future releases....
And since Z-15 is pre adjusted for one type of camera and lens, I wonder how hard would be to to adjustments on DD AV200 everytime you swap camera or lens.

And if DD AV200 ig going for U$3800 I can't imagine how much they would ask for a Hero!
Thats going too far on prices! I expected the Hero to cost no more than a Z-15...
Ohh well, maybe I'm just too poor for all this after all! LOL
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:30 PM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
I agree, a few have bought zemuse and few may buy the DD200 but to me it is a complete waste of money. You can fly with almost ANY gimbal that can keep the horizon half way straight and then buy adobe after effects 6. Use warp stabilizer and it will fix 90% of anything you throw at it. I do TV commercials for my job, I don't know who their target market is with these high price gimbals.. It's not me... I have to guess the VERY LIMITED hollywood movie set. Not many sales there to get the development money back. Is the zemuse cool... yeah, necessary NO! Probably same when the DD comes out. A little marketing thought would have them price it at half the zemuse and grab the gimbal market for numbers of sales not an occasional sale. The investment would come back much sooner...my 2 cents...
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
I can personally tell you that the Zenmuse gimbals sell very very very well. People don't even blink at the $3500 price tag. That is very cheap for the performance it gives. The lack of post processing pays for itself on the first 2 shoots. Its not for everyone and the new PH DD and Hero gimbals will not be either. Just remember the largest market for Camera Gimbals is not even on Aerial Platforms. Movie production spend a ton of money and the cost of a $15k gimbal is nothing at all to them. They will buy them by the hand fulls.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:31 PM
Joined Jul 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
I agree, a few have bought zemuse and few may buy the DD200 but to me it is a complete waste of money. You can fly with almost ANY gimbal that can keep the horizon half way straight and then buy adobe after effects 6. Use warp stabilizer and it will fix 90% of anything you throw at it. I do TV commercials for my job, I don't know who their target market is with these high price gimbals.. It's not me... I have to guess the VERY LIMITED hollywood movie set. Not many sales there to get the development money back. Is the zemuse cool... yeah, necessary NO! Probably same when the DD comes out. A little marketing thought would have them price it at half the zemuse and grab the gimbal market for numbers of sales not an occasional sale. The investment would come back much sooner...my 2 cents...
Honestly each time I use the stabilizer of Adobe (Premiere or After affect) I always get bad result ! So I wouldn't be agree !!

Quote:
I can personally tell you that the Zenmuse gimbals sell very very very well. People don't even blink at the $3500 price tag. That is very cheap for the performance it gives. The lack of post processing pays for itself on the first 2 shoots. Its not for everyone and the new PH DD and Hero gimbals will not be either. Just remember the largest market for Camera Gimbals is not even on Aerial Platforms. Movie production spend a ton of money and the cost of a $15k gimbal is nothing at all to them. They will buy them by the hand fulls.
Yes but even at $1million, there will be people who will buy because there isn't a lot of competitor in this technology. So the thing is for the company to calculate what is the market size like 10 000 aerial professional in the world and what the best price to maximize their revenue!.

So if you said the zenmuse is selling very^3 well, they won't drop the price :-( And yes Dji put a reference price, the advantage of the AV200 DD is to be compatible with more camera, but may be won't be as good ... So what is the most important... for me it's to be compatible with more camera and be as close as possible as the zenmuse. So for me if the result is there, no reason to drop the price even if I want a lot !!!

I pre order the Direct Drive so I'm waiting the price to confirm or not....
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:31 AM
Flying Kiwi
Wellington, NZ
Joined Apr 2005
804 Posts
MY personal feeling is that the PH DD will match the performance of Zenmuse.
booma is offline Find More Posts by booma
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
If you can have Zenmuse technology and be able to interchange camera's you have reached Utopia.

The need some universal adapters for the popular camera's and lens that work on Zenmuse style gimbals.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:54 AM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
well maybe patience is good this is for the alex mos controller http://www.csgshop.com/product.php?id_product=136
with a model for canon 5d coming, hmmm can't wait

http://www.fpvmodel.com/yuni-brushle...j89bhllptp9nf2
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:42 PM
Joined Oct 2012
235 Posts
Quote:
well maybe patience is good this is for the alex mos controller http://www.csgshop.com/product.php?id_product=136
with a model for canon 5d coming, hmmm can't wait

http://www.fpvmodel.com/yuni-brushle...j89bhllptp9nf2
That is awesome, when is the larger version coming?
RCmit is offline Find More Posts by RCmit