HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2014, 07:13 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashVegas View Post
Unfortunately not. I left for Nall on Wednesday morning and he unit had not arrived yet. I had it in time for Memorial Day though, and it was great!
That is good to hear! Glad you are still liking the system.

They are being re-designed, aesthetically anyway, to make them look more professional. Can't wait to get the new version out. Probably July.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2014, 04:05 PM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
That is good to hear! Glad you are still liking the system.

They are being re-designed, aesthetically anyway, to make them look more professional. Can't wait to get the new version out. Probably July.

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Can you tell us more about the new version?

Is the break-in required only before the very first time use?

When the system runs dry, can you tell from looking at the smoke being generated, or you have to rely on a timer?

Is it important to run the system dry during each flight?

Thanks for inventing the system. It's very cool.

Best regards,

feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
Old Jun 04, 2014, 02:51 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feda View Post
Hi Andrew,

Can you tell us more about the new version?

Is the break-in required only before the very first time use?

When the system runs dry, can you tell from looking at the smoke being generated, or you have to rely on a timer?

Is it important to run the system dry during each flight?

Thanks for inventing the system. It's very cool.

Best regards,

feda
Sorry about the late reply Feda. I will have more details as the time gets closer. It basically will be the same functionality as the existing version, but much more professional looking. There is not a timer per-se, but I am including a battery alarm to make sure you don't overdraw. Break in is only a one time thing, and I suggest a timer to not go over 2:30 at the most. It will still be producing smoke, but you don't want to take it too dry.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 04, 2014, 04:10 PM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Sorry about the late reply Feda. I will have more details as the time gets closer. It basically will be the same functionality as the existing version, but much more professional looking. There is not a timer per-se, but I am including a battery alarm to make sure you don't overdraw. Break in is only a one time thing, and I suggest a timer to not go over 2:30 at the most. It will still be producing smoke, but you don't want to take it too dry.

Andrew
Thank you for your reply, Andrew.

I'd like to know if I lose track of use time, will it do damage to the system? (I am not so much concerned about the battery because I will make sure that it's not to be over-discharged. My question is about other parts of the system.)

From reading the available information, it seems to me the amount of mixture is crucial to the performance of your smoke system. If I didn't run enough time and a good portion of the mixture in the system has not been consumed during the previous flight, I'll have no way to put in the optimal amount of the mixture for the next flight?

Best regards,

Max
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
Old Jun 04, 2014, 04:37 PM
USA, VA, Newport News
Joined Jan 2010
1,517 Posts
Feda, you are overthinking this. If you put in too much....no big deal...the excess runs out the tube. The Glycerin and water is sooo cheap...it doesnt matter.

Honestly...against the advice ofAndrew...I fill it a little....run it before flying a little....add some more...close the canpoy...and go fly. I have a dual timer on my DX-18...the smoke is set for 2:30.
With the amount I add before the flight and the amount I add FOR the flight...I use half a bottle per instance.
In my opinion, the system doesnt care if it gets overflowed as the excess rolls down the tube. The above is my experience and doesnt reflect everything Andrew wants you to do.
Cabledawg1 is offline Find More Posts by Cabledawg1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shipped Super Viper today
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:57 AM
Joined Jun 2014
17 Posts
How are things progressing with your smoke unit Andrew? Will it be available again soon?
buzzbingle is offline Find More Posts by buzzbingle
Last edited by buzzbingle; Oct 22, 2014 at 12:58 AM. Reason: added text