SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM
Joined Nov 2014
3 Posts
Discussion
New to fpv

Hello
I have always had the desire to fly a plane and found about fpv. I really don't know where to start. I was wondering if someone could help me build my first drone. I can spend around 1k or under. Thanks for reading and hopefully you guys can help me.
FpvBegginer is offline Find More Posts by FpvBegginer
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM
Joined Apr 2014
34 Posts
hey dude.
welcome to the world!
you say drone... please define?
airplane/quadcopter?
I started with a parrot ardrone2.0 myself, then moved to a plane (bixler 2)

It depends on a whole number of things really.
my first suggestion is to get yourself a controller.
i went to www.hobbyking.com and purchased the Turnigy 9x reciever/transmitter combo, for about $50. from there, i found a copy of the computer program "clearview", which is a simulator. there you can practice until your heart is content as to which style best suits you.
Tas sky pirates is offline Find More Posts by Tas sky pirates
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
Joined Apr 2014
34 Posts
ALSO!!!>........

go to youtube, type in "flitetest" and go to their channel. from there, go to play lists, and select "for beginner series"
Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,392 Posts
One of the pinned threads above is "how to fpv" by ibcrazy, I'd recommend watching all the videos to get a general idea on what you're getting yourself into.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM
Joined Apr 2014
34 Posts
i agree Hajile. i learned a lot from those videos.
but before you even start thinking about FPV, start thinking about learning to fly a something. once you can fly something line-of-sight, then you can start to move into FPV.
otherwise, say goodbye to your $1,000 investment pretty quickly.

just on that price tag, start cheap. think $200 for everything. spend the $moolah$ as required/needed, not for things that arent a necessity for your flight plan/objectives
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM
Joined Nov 2014
3 Posts
Thanks

I would like to get into a quad copter but thanks for all of your positive feed back thanks
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM
Joined Apr 2014
34 Posts
okay.
to me this is pretty straight forward.
get yourself something cheap and easy.
i went for this:
http://www.banggood.com/SH-6057-24G-...-p-926810.html
from there, learn to hover, fly around, maneuver.
once you have done that, move onto a cheap tx/rx (as i mentioned before, turnigy 9x, probably mode 2), and some sort of RTF (ready to fly) quad.
OR, pick what appears to be a popular quad (probably think 300-400mm) with detailed blog entries, and get equipment that appears to be well documented, so as a fall bak for when you get confused, just ask people who have the same gear.

hope i was of help
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM
Joined Nov 2014
3 Posts
Thanks but can you also help we with a fpv airplane?

I watched the videos and I started to like the airplanes better. He said all you need is a security camera and it's transmitter to send the video to its goggles
Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM
Joined Nov 2014
13 Posts
I'm in a similar situation. I've been reading up on this, and here's the best guide I've found so far.

Here's a thread I started asking for suggestions. It's got a slow start, but I think it'll pick up speed as soon as I start shelling out some money

I'm planning to skip the FPV gear to begin with and learn to fly well enough to keep from breaking everything before I take that step.
EmagSamurai is offline Find More Posts by EmagSamurai
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM
Joined Apr 2014
34 Posts
thats one option.
i went for the mobius camera.
i chose this because: it is a good quality stand alone camera, stick it to your aircraft from day one and record. its good to look back on sucessful flights and how you crashed on others.
also, it can provide video out, so it can be your FPV camera too. it is somewhat cheap (i paid around $80 australian.
on top of that, it has survived many crashes, some around 100km in the ground.
Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,853 Posts
I'm curious with all the talk of fpv spinning into the bowl. Why would you think of starting this hobby. There aint no way you can say you havent read up before hand. Sounds like you havent even flown anything yet and want to jump into the 'drone' world.
Martin Y is online now Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Today, 12:35 AM
Joined Apr 2014
34 Posts
dont be a hater, martin.
n00bs will always try and jump in the deep end. they dont know any better.

i started out wanting to spend big bucks getting all kinds, with little to no idea, and not having read stuff. and i glad someone told me the same things i told fpvbeginner over here...

all it takes to get addicted to this hobby is to watch some FPV video's and BAM, your hooked.
looks easy so hell, why not try it? (answer to this rhetorical question is: heartbreak, money and time. that is why not.)