Closed Thread
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:45 PM
Will it ever Fly?
United States, SD, Platte
Joined Nov 2011
422 Posts
Discussion
Max Limit for Pay Pal

I have been informed by Paypal, that in order to use it, I must Link by Bank Account to my PayPal Account.
I will NOT do this. They state it is safe, but I don't think I need others into my Bank account. Just more chance to have my account hacked.
What would you do, when you hit the Max ceiling to use PayPal.
Do something else? Or give in?
Flybynight2 is offline Find More Posts by Flybynight2
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:06 PM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
I think most people do and find there is not a problem. I would order a Verisign security key generator however. Adds an extra layer of protection. You can order it directly from paypal.

BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:12 PM
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,567 Posts
I use Paypal all the time, linked to my about I have been for about 10 years. Never a problem. I use it to instantly transfer money to my college daughter. No fee. I use it on eBay as well. It is my preferred method of paying while shopping. No filling out credit card info every time you buy.

I've used it to transfer up to 10k.
MrMootsie is online now Find More Posts by MrMootsie
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynight2 View Post
I have been informed by Paypal, that in order to use it, I must Link by Bank Account to my PayPal Account.
I will NOT do this. They state it is safe, but I don't think I need others into my Bank account. Just more chance to have my account hacked.
I've heard people say they open up a seperate account just for online purchases and only keep what the need to buy stuff in the account at any given time so they don't have to worry about it getting hacked.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:40 PM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,339 Posts
Quote:
I ran into that "lifetime" limit about a year ago. They're just trying to strong-arm customers to turning over their bank accounts so that they can directly access a customer's bank funds at will to recover disputed funds. Said bye-bye to paypal and haven't looked back.
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:43 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
I've heard people say they open up a seperate account just for online purchases and only keep what the need to buy stuff in the account at any given time so they don't have to worry about it getting hacked.
I'm one. It works as a good cutout.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,208 Posts
I have them linked to an account which never has much money in it. When I have a bunch of money in my PayPal account from selling on eBay, I transfer some to my bank account. Seems to be no problem or cost to move money either way.
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:47 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood View Post
I'm one. It works as a good cutout.

mw
I have suggested this approach as well... setup a interest paying "account type", and transfer to a "bill paying" account as needed. Do it inside a single bank and you have no service fees.
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:06 AM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,669 Posts
Quote:
I have it linked to a checking account I only use for paypal... just in case.

I transfer as needed. Soon it will bee like it used to be... transfering out anything over $100.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:19 AM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Started setting up a paypal account but after getting through reading all the fine print I dumped the whole idea.
Real Ira is online now Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:48 AM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,375 Posts
Pay Pal is too legit to quit. They even offer a credit card Swiper that you attach to your smart phone for accepting CC payments on the go.
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:48 AM
drops screws
Iowa City, IA
Joined Dec 2005
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas View Post
I use Paypal all the time, linked to my about I have been for about 10 years. Never a problem.
I recently canceled my Paypal account after 10 years and the buying experience on ebay is so much nicer. No more of them trying to trick you into using your bank instead of your credit card. You just enter your credit card and info and you're done.
billyzelsnack is offline Find More Posts by billyzelsnack
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:29 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
I use Paypal all the time, linked to my about I have been for about 10 years. Never a problem. I use it to instantly transfer money to my college daughter. No fee. I use it on eBay as well. It is my preferred method of paying while shopping. No filling out credit card info every time you buy.

Same here. Use it everyday. Never a problem, only some slightly pesky rules but it is what it is. I have to have it for all my international payments. The shipping label feature is also very handy. The only downside is when they put a security hold my debit card but all the companies do that. Always at the most embarrasing time
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:33 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
I think most people do and find there is not a problem. I would order a Verisign security key generator however. Adds an extra layer of protection. You can order it directly from paypal.

What is that for??
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:49 AM
Smoke & Fire
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
215 Posts
Quote:

I used to send cash to family all the time without fee but the last few times i tried it you pay the fee yourself if you wanna send money as a gift.
Naja Kaouthia is offline Find More Posts by Naja Kaouthia
Closed Thread