HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:51 PM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
I press almost the buy button on this fc and decide to wait and does not want to make the same fault i made when i bought the Xaircraft v1 fc with it adverts that promise one thing and results proven the opposite.

So I went and bought the Arducopter APM2 electronics witch i could afford at the time and i must say with the newest software and Firmware 2.6 i get alt hold fluctuate 30cm up and down in no wind and pos-hold within 4-5m with stock settings.
congratulations.

when you are ready for a fully featured and functional FC thats, as of now, the most advanced unit out there, contact your SA dealer

In the meantime, I hope the APM2 forums are as helpfull as this one has been to honest YS-X6 purchasers who aren't suffering from buyers remorse or who's wife is gonna kill them so they make up excuses to have to return the hardware.

cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:07 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
i agree the Diy forums is full off info but it takes time to get answers.

well im still in urly stage with my apm2 and the main reason i got it was for a fix wing plane and the YS-X6 do not support a fix wing so in the mean time i did play with it on my copter.

If Robone has his system setup and working and if i canot get results as he will getting i will probably buy the ys-x6.

I will putting the APM2 on my RC-carbon Y6 frame http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=4109863 with Avroto motors and test it on that frame my spider quad http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/87...-makingdecats/ is not 100% ballance CG

There is not a Fc on the market that got all the functions the arducopter has at the moment
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
i agree the Diy forums is full off info but it takes time to get answers.

well im still in urly stage with my apm2 and the main reason i got it was for a fix wing plane and the YS-X6 do not support a fix wing so in the mean time i did play with it on my copter.

If Robone has his system setup and working and if i canot get results as he will getting i will probably buy the ys-x6.

I will putting the APM2 on my RC-carbon Y6 frame http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=4109863 with Avroto motors and test it on that frame my spider quad http://forums.openpilot.org/topic/87...-makingdecats/ is not 100% ballance CG

There is not a Fc on the market that got all the functions the arducopter has at the moment
I've got the YS system, and have it in a Droidworx ADX-4 with Avroto motors, and 1150 props. All I can say is I could not stop swearing in my back yard doing tests of stability and altitude hold, and position hold. This system far exceeds my expectations. I'm waiting for some additional ESC's and an 8 port PDB to arrive, then I'm ready to try the X8 configuration like Fajar with his CX to give me some more lift power. I'm thinking that my limited experience in multirotors (started in November last year) and my success with the YS that some (not all) of the issues that people are experiencing can be problems with configuration, additional hardware (motors, ESC's and Frames) as there is many variables.

Again, thanks to everyone in this thread for assistance. I am very close to getting some video up on YouTube, just need my ESC's to arrive on my doorstep.
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
what rule violations did Nicwilke step on?
I just read his post and I don't see anything untoward...
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:44 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,225 Posts
Hi I have the YS-X6 coming soon and I wanted to install the software and firmware on my tablet.
Is Samsung tablet android.
Can anyone help me how to install them. They work fine on my PC but I can't open the files on my tablet.
The files are rar. and zip

Thanks
Bill
bcollydas is online now Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:51 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
Hi I have the YS-X6 coming soon and I wanted to install the software and firmware on my tablet.
Is Samsung tablet android.
Can anyone help me how to install them. They work fine on my PC but I can't open the files on my tablet.
The files are rar. and zip

Thanks
Bill
the android application has to be transferred to your tablet.
Its the file that has the .APK extension.

you can get it on your android tablet either by emailing yourself the file and opening the email on your android tablet or by doing a wifi transfer, or plug your tablet into your pc, and transfer the file that way.

the firmware is for the FC only and you will need a pc for that.

the .rar and .zip's are not for your android tablet..you have to unzip/unrar the package to get to the contents that are specifically for your android and your FC's firmware

alternatively, you could ask V or one of the other guys to upload the latest android GCS .apk to this board and you can use your android browser to obain it.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:54 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,225 Posts
Thank you I'll get in touch with V and see what he has to say.
Cheers
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Thank you I'll get in touch with V and see what he has to say.
Cheers
actually, I just tried to upload the android install file here, but rcg doesn't allow that file extension to be uploaded.

If you have the latest software pack downloaded to your pc, just unrar it, and copy the .APK from your pc to your tablet, and then install it.
simple

You can also pm me your email address and then use GMAIL from your tablet to get the attachment that I would send you.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:04 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,225 Posts
OK I copied them to the tablet.
The APK files opens and I get the GCS
the YS-X6-20120618-Firmware-US.arm wont open
and the YS-X6(En).exe wont open
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
OK I copied them to the tablet.
The APK files opens and I get the GCS
the YS-X6-20120618-Firmware-US.arm wont open
and the YS-X6(En).exe wont open

the .arm file is the firmware for the FC. You can't open it.
you have to use the firmware updater program via your pc and serial connection

the ys-x6(en).exe is the PC based GCS application. Its not for the android tablet/phone.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:11 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,225 Posts
So, that means when I have my FC connected to the tablet then the arm file will work?

cheers
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
So, that means when I have my FC connected to the tablet then the arm file will work?

cheers
NOPE.

the firmware updater program is PC based only..or mac with a pc emulator/support software (not a mac user, but others could answer that detail better than I could)

you have to use a pc or Mac to use the firmware update program.

Your android tablet is ONLY used for the android Ground control program...the .APK that you installed. Thats it.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:22 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,225 Posts
Cool. So then I would have to upgrade thru my PC then use the adroid in the field right?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
Quote:
Cool. So then I would have to upgrade thru my PC then use the adroid in the field right?
Yes. Exactly

Or you could use the pc grouns station software on a laptop.
But either way..you would need to use a router in the field.

I recommend you read through both ys-x6 threads to understand the details.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
597 Posts
www.multirotortech.com.au/downloads has the app (current versionings)
nicwilke is offline Find More Posts by nicwilke
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)