SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 08, 2012, 03:36 PM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
7,130 Posts
Discussion
Flash 5X noises when OFF!

posted also to vendor section:

Was driving in my car today with Flash 5x tx on board. Noticed it was making noises. Clicks, buzzes, and beeps. Not all the time or all that often, although there might be single clicks fairly often. I've got it on my desk right now, after several hours, and it still clicks now and then, very quietly. It still has 10.3 volts. The top and bottom of the 0 in the 10.3 volts don't show up very well. (I actually saw that the other day, but didn't think much of it.) It's never happened before, but today the switch seems flaky. If I don't press down on the switch, it doesn't always turn on. Once I turned it on and got a steady beep with nothing in the display. That went away when I turned it off and on again.

Any idea what this is? Could a flaky power switch cause this stuff somehow??

I've had this radio for a dozen years now, and up to now it's always been very reliable. I flew a glider at fairly long range (I'd guess 1,000 to 1,500 feet) with it a few days ago with no glitches, even though there was some kind of radio tower about 1500 feet away from where I was standing (per Google Maps).
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln View Post
posted also to vendor section:
Was driving in my car today with Flash 5x tx on board. Noticed it was making noises. Clicks, buzzes, and beeps. Not all the time or all that often, although there might be single clicks fairly often. I've got it on my desk right now, after several hours, and it still clicks now and then, very quietly. It still has 10.3 volts. The top and bottom of the 0 in the 10.3 volts don't show up very well. (I actually saw that the other day, but didn't think much of it.) It's never happened before, but today the switch seems flaky. If I don't press down on the switch, it doesn't always turn on. Once I turned it on and got a steady beep with nothing in the display. That went away when I turned it off and on again. Any idea what this is? Could a flaky power switch cause this stuff somehow?? I've had this radio for a dozen years now, and up to now it's always been very reliable. I flew a glider at fairly long range (I'd guess 1,000 to 1,500 feet) with it a few days ago with no glitches, even though there was some kind of radio tower about 1500 feet away from where I was standing (per Google Maps).
Crosspost Answered Manufacturer's forum.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old May 09, 2012, 04:00 PM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
7,130 Posts
Got some reasonable ideas* in mfr's forum but also interested if there are other good ideas about it.

*switch trouble and/or black wire corrosion
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member