HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2012, 05:50 PM
Sailplane Mafia
United States, SC, Summerville
Joined Jun 2001
2,164 Posts
Discussion
Flymentor setup help with a tri-copter

A friend brought over his home made tri-copter and is trying to use a Flymentor. I don't have any experience with the FM or much experience with tri-copters.

I setup his DX7 for single servo CCPM. He had the programming box for the FM and I setup the directions and 3 servo CCPM. Overall it seems ok on the bench, when I lean the copter it correctly applies power to the opposite motor for lift.

When we tried the maiden flight as soon as the copter broke ground it flipped over in a split second. I was thinking it was giving the wrong input but it seems correct when I tilt it manually.

What settings are used for the FM? It has a default value of 70 for the balance.

Are there any good articles explaining the setup of a Flymentor with this type of copter?
gquiring is offline Find More Posts by gquiring
to remove ads between posts