HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2014, 04:35 PM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwigger View Post
I looked up the specs on some of those micros you mentioned. They seem to have a very low torque. Which models were you planning yo use?
I'm not sure how much torque you think you need but w/ two working together at 6V It's a good bit?
here's one of the Hitec servos I'm using a great deal.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXN667&P=SM

And a Futaba servo
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDTB4&P=M

There's a bunch, look at sail plane servos there small but very strong, slimline there's a brand that sell mostly those but I can't think of it now there very pricey though.

Bruce
splinterz25 is online now Find More Posts by splinterz25
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2014, 05:28 PM
One step at a time......
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Mar 2011
23 Posts
Now I get you! What I looked up was no where near the torques of these babies and cheap to boot!
I'm using mostly Futaba's and some HiTec's with 124 oz/87oz/57oz depending on my intended applications. Flaps/Rudder and Elevator with the higher torques and Ailerons and throttles with the lower torques. I do have some HS-81's that I may substitute for the ailerons, thanks to your suggestion of using two for each.
What do you plan to use to synchronize your servos?
bwigger is offline Find More Posts by bwigger
Old Oct 23, 2014, 05:51 PM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwigger View Post
Now I get you! What I looked up was no where near the torques of these babies and cheap to boot!
I'm using mostly Futaba's and some HiTec's with 124 oz/87oz/57oz depending on my intended applications. Flaps/Rudder and Elevator with the higher torques and Ailerons and throttles with the lower torques. I do have some HS-81's that I may substitute for the ailerons, thanks to your suggestion of using two for each.
What do you plan to use to synchronize your servos?
When I did the ELV w/ the rotary drives they worked fine w/ out any synchronizing at all; BUT SOMETHING YOU MAY WANT TO THINK ABOUT I'M using two RX's one on each side this saves on wiring / weight & headaches figuring out all those wires; and it's not slower and both move at the same time.

Bruce
splinterz25 is online now Find More Posts by splinterz25