Old Aug 27, 2015, 02:46 AM
Find More Posts by Pierre_A
Joined Nov 2014
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Costa View Post
Still having this message

"No response from bootloader, programing: FAILED"
did you check the "No reboot sequence" when shorting boot pads ?
here is a link with detailed informations
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2234503&page=8
Pierre_A is online now Find More Posts by Pierre_A
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2015, 06:20 AM
Find More Posts by andrealosi
Joined Aug 2015
23 Posts
I'm sorry for this question but using a dys opto esc and cppm. how should I connect all my cable? I made a small diagram. is that easy? I'm feeling like if I'm doing something wrong
andrealosi is online now Find More Posts by andrealosi
Old Aug 27, 2015, 07:07 AM
Joined Nov 2014
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrealosi View Post
I'm sorry for this question but using a dys opto esc and cppm. how should I connect all my cable? I made a small diagram. is that easy? I'm feeling like if I'm doing something wrong
it's fine, you just then need to provide 5v to the board and battery power to the ESC's.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 07:35 AM
Find More Posts by abenn
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
12,903 Posts
Quote:
... I made a small diagram. is that easy? I'm feeling like if I'm doing something wrong
As Pierre_A said, it looks fine so far. On mine I supply 5v from a stand-alone BEC to the ground and + pins at one of the two spare board connectors next to where you've got your four ESCs plugged into.
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Old Aug 27, 2015, 09:11 AM
Joined Aug 2015
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre_A View Post
it's fine, you just then need to provide 5v to the board and battery power to the ESC's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenn View Post
As Pierre_A said, it looks fine so far. On mine I supply 5v from a stand-alone BEC to the ground and + pins at one of the two spare board connectors next to where you've got your four ESCs plugged into.
can you explain me better? having a pic of your naze or i don't know.

I mean, i must connect a black/red bec (2 cable) from the FC to the 5v PDB? that's all? so i need this pdb http://www.ebay.it/itm/231625404061

now i own this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tput_PCB_.html
Last edited by andrealosi; Aug 27, 2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:10 PM
Joined Nov 2014
80 Posts
Quote:

I mean, i must connect a black/red bec (2 cable) from the FC to the 5v PDB? that's all? so i need this pdb http://www.ebay.it/itm/231625404061

Yes you need a BEC to power the board.
As said, one generally connect to a free slot : +5V output BEC to center row and ground to GND row (see image for example).
Old Aug 27, 2015, 01:55 PM
Find More Posts by abenn
Joined Jul 2004
12,903 Posts
Quote:

The PDB you own is a simple one, with no electronics, that just makes it easy to connect the power wires from your battery to each of your ESCs, and any other component that requires 12v (assuming you're using a 3S battery). If you use this, you still need to get a stand-alone BEC to reduce the battery voltage down to 5v for the FC and Rx.

The PDB in your other link is one which does the same thing, but it also has a BEC built into it so that it can also supply 5v for your FC and Rx as well. If you use this one, you simply take a + and - (red/black) wire from the 5v+ and - pads at the top of the board and connect them to the + and - pins of a spare slot on the Naze board's ESC connector.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 06:38 PM
Find More Posts by Ricardo Costa
Joined Sep 2013
64 Posts
I contacted the Store Infinity Hobby, they talked to the board manufacturer and they will send me a new board.

I liked the customer service, we dont see a nice costume service like this

Thanks for all that helped
Ricardo Costa is offline Find More Posts by Ricardo Costa
Old Aug 28, 2015, 06:44 AM
Joined Aug 2015
23 Posts
Quote:
The PDB you own is a simple one, with no electronics, that just makes it easy to connect the power wires from your battery to each of your ESCs, and any other component that requires 12v (assuming you're using a 3S battery). If you use this, you still need to get a stand-alone BEC to reduce the battery voltage down to 5v for the FC and Rx.

The PDB in your other link is one which does the same thing, but it also has a BEC built into it so that it can also supply 5v for your FC and Rx as well. If you use this one, you simply take a + and - (red/black) wire from the 5v+ and - pads at the top of the board and connect them to the + and - pins of a spare slot on the Naze board's ESC connector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre_A View Post
Yes you need a BEC to power the board.
As said, one generally connect to a free slot : +5V output BEC to center row and ground to GND row (see image for example).

ok I think I get it. may I use a jst connector for connect the board (+5v/ground) to the FC(free motor pin)? or should I use some regulator device to transfer low voltage? http://www.ebay.com/bhp/ubec-5v

do you think is better the simple board (not HK) or the board with bec built in? I must buy a 36x36mm board cause the HK is too big.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:00 AM
Find More Posts by abenn
Joined Jul 2004
12,903 Posts
If your board has +5v/ground output, like the one in your previous link, you just need a simple cable with a servo plug on it to plug into the FC free motor pin. You could use a servo extension lead with the socket cut off one end (and the white wire stripped out if you want, because it's not needed), and the red and black soldered into the +5v/ground pads.

Personally, I haven't used a combined board -- I always use a separate BEC. The advantage of using it is it simplifies the wiring. The disadvantage is, if its BEC goes wrong, you have to de-solder all your connections in order to change the board.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 01:19 PM
Find More Posts by SilbernerSurfer
I dont like crashes!
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
1,852 Posts
Quote:
If your board has +5v/ground output, like the one in your previous link, you just need a simple cable with a servo plug on it to plug into the FC free motor pin.
Then is only one pin free for a pan and tilt. But i need two servos for pan and tilt.
How can i solve this!
SilbernerSurfer is offline Find More Posts by SilbernerSurfer
Old Aug 28, 2015, 02:08 PM
Find More Posts by abenn
Joined Jul 2004
12,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer View Post
Then is only one pin free for a pan and tilt. But i need two servos for pan and tilt.
How can i solve this!
You can use a Y-lead so that your BEC 5v supply shares a socket with one of your pan/tilt outputs; or it can share with one of your ESCs.

Alternatively you can feed it direct to your receiver, and then let the receiver feed 5v to the Naze through its connection to the "G" and black dot receiver connection pins.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 09:31 PM
Find More Posts by --Oz--
Quadaholic
United States, CA, Newport Beach
Joined Mar 2006
2,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6KillaBC View Post
I was very lucky...for i would have ordered a RTF quad by now for sure.

Knowing how it goes together is all well and everything...but end of the day, has the extra money and time wasted been worth it? To be honest with you...end of the day it hasn't.

Again..and i can't stress this enough for the new guys wanting to fly, if your not electronically minded, then go RTF...enjoy it for what it is...then if you feel up to it, by all means go and build yourself one...not the other way around.

In the end i had to pack my quad up and go seek help..it shouldn't be that hard in the end.

Like i said...i almost gave up before i even got started...
Have you come across ArmattanQuads, his CF frames are the only guaranteed for life frames on the planet, he also sell RxR (ready to fly when you add your your Rx/Tx), it's a win win for most. He is also doing some very some ground breaking stuff with new quad design.
--Oz-- is offline Find More Posts by --Oz--