SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 28, 2015, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by Stryder87
Canada, BC, New Westminster
Joined Apr 2014
14 Posts
Thinking about what i need to do to add the lights to the GC, I think I may run into a problem. With retracts and flaps, it`s a 6-channel setup. All I have is a 6-channel receiver. In order to change the different flashing modes on the HK light system, you`re supposed to use a switch on the transmitter. As I have the DX6, I`m not going to have an empty channel for it.

So here`s what I`m thinking: would it be possible, since I plan to plug the lights into the rudder channel for power, to assign the rudder to a 3-way switch and have all three positions the same, and use it to make the lights change mode without changing any rudder setting? Possible?

This may be the most complicated radio setup I attempt, but I don't see why that shouldn't work. Then again, I'm quite often wrong! haha
Stryder87 is offline Find More Posts by Stryder87
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2015, 07:21 PM
Find More Posts by DeLaReef123
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Mar 2014
260 Posts
Wont work, based on what i believe you want to do. If the 3 switches are all set to the same point then it won't activate the switch. Why not Y cable to the landing gear. Gear down,lights on. Gear up, lights off?
Another option would be to Y cable the flaps. Set the nutral throw to a point where the lights turn on then subtrim the flaps to be neutral.
DeLaReef123 is online now Find More Posts by DeLaReef123
Old Aug 28, 2015, 08:16 PM
Joined Apr 2014
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaReef123 View Post
Wont work, based on what i believe you want to do. If the 3 switches are all set to the same point then it won't activate the switch. Why not Y cable to the landing gear. Gear down,lights on. Gear up, lights off?
Another option would be to Y cable the flaps. Set the nutral throw to a point where the lights turn on then subtrim the flaps to be neutral.
I dropped by my fav LHS today to ask about this idea. He says it won't work that way either, as the way that the lights work, toggling the switch on and off to cycle through the different modes (different ways the lights blink) would interfere with the rudder, and moving the rudder would cycle the lights as well. I'm thinking I may be stuck with leaving them in the main civilian navigation mode and perhaps splicing a switch between the controller and the landing lights so the landing lights come on when the landing gears drop, then turn off when they go up. I've seen people do that somewhere on this forum. I'd have to go find it again to see exactly what they did, but it may be my only option, and I'd be ok with it that way.

Or, I could get an 8-channel Lemon receiver (I'm interesting in possibly using the stabilization on it) and use my DX7s transmitter. I only use that with my helis, but I could put this plane on it.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:00 PM
Find More Posts by CarToon
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,874 Posts
I don't think they make an eight channel Lemon rx with stabilization. You would have to go with their 7 channel for that feature. Probably a minor point in your case.
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Old Aug 31, 2015, 01:00 PM
Joined Apr 2014
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarToon View Post
I don't think they make an eight channel Lemon rx with stabilization. You would have to go with their 7 channel for that feature. Probably a minor point in your case.
I noticed that. I'm wondering how they change the bind port to be a regular receiver port? I think I'll have to download the manual and see how those dip sitches (did I actually say that in the 21 century???) control it.

Edit: I just checked and you can't use the 7th channel and have the stabalization work at the same time. It's one or the other. Bummer.