Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 08, 2009, 12:10 PM
Joined Jul 2009
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor13
Hi,

Me problem are alwais here, I have installed the driver and T6config but I can't progrming my Tx

But I have search my radio in my computer and I have find !
my Tx is in "other device", it's not good !

please help meeeeee !!!!!!
Actually it sounds like it may be the problem I started with.... Can you see the controller in Control panel/Game controllers as a PPM capable device? If so then you probably have a simulator cable that that will work with FMS or similar, but not a tty capable serial interface.
nrodie7302 is offline Find More Posts by nrodie7302
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2009, 02:30 AM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrodie7302
My opinion is that any changes made (with the controller attached and turned on) get saved. This means that if you open a file all settings are instantly saved to the transmitter. If you save settings to a file then that saves the current settings, any changes to the config after that are saved to the transmitter but not the file.
this is correct. changes get immediately saved to the Tx.but you can wipe out a file if you don't getuser first and then immediately do a save

frac
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac
Old Jul 09, 2009, 02:35 AM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrodie7302
Oh yeah... and will digital servos work with most recievers?, or do they require special recievers?
they will work with any rx. it's a gyro that needs to be digital capable to take full advantage of the servo's abilities

frac
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac
Old Jul 09, 2009, 07:29 AM
Joined Jul 2009
16 Posts
thanks frac

ive just got the standard little telebee gyro, but look under the stickers and voila... now ive got atv trim and dig/ana switch (which i think just adjusts gyro response time)
nrodie7302 is offline Find More Posts by nrodie7302
Old Jul 09, 2009, 09:09 AM
Brigerbad, Switzerland
Joined Sep 2004
213 Posts
Playing with COM Ports necessary to make T6config work

Thanks to those who provided links to the USB to Serial Driver & T6config transmitter management programs.

My serial link didn’t work at first due to a Bluetooth driver having “stolen” all the COM Ports (check Control Panel, System, Material)

Once I fixed that, the T6config software would not run on COM10 that the Prolific USB Serial Driver installed itself on. The only other proposed option was COM3 where I already had a modem.

Next I deactivated the modem & moved the Prolific USB Serial Driver onto COM3. Then everything worked well

The transmitter was sold & supplied as Mode 2; electronically it was setup as Mode 1 so making the serial interface work was vital for me.
Now it is working, it looks like good value
Mark
Swissflyer is offline Find More Posts by Swissflyer
Old Jul 09, 2009, 11:28 AM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
Hello to everyone

I'm new to the group, but have followed this and some similar threads from the beginning.
Thanks for all the good information in this thread.

As having bought the Turborix 6 channel Radio late last year, you made up my mind to program the radio with a Palm.

So I first looked at ebay for a cheap device and got two PalmV for less than 20 Euro total. These PalmV have a monochrome display and run with PalmOS as operating system.

It took some time until I discovered the trial version of HB++ as a programming environment that is free of charge and is able to deal with monochrome display and this old version of my OS.

But at first, I had to update the rom from PalmOs 3.1 to PalmOs 3.3
On IBM's website (www.lenovo.com) I found a free flash utility for the IBM Companion C3 that is compatible to the PalmV and that worked for me.

Now my progam is up and running

The program can handle 20 configurations for different models

I implemented all the functions (hopefully) of T6config and a little bit more.

A Range Test

For the rangetest, every two seconds, the program switches the subtrim of the selected channel from +120 to -120 and sends this configuration to the radio. By this, the servo of the selected channel moves a definite amount and if you go away from the transmitter, you have a clear indication if the transmission is still ok.

A byte by byte display and manipulation of two configurations

When loading or saving a configuration, I load a list with the decimal representation of the bytes. You can scroll thru the list. Another List besides, shows you the names of the variables. You can select a byte and alter its value as you want. At any time you can transfer this configuration to the radio or reload the original configuration.

I'm attaching some screenshots
ReSt is offline Find More Posts by ReSt
Old Jul 09, 2009, 12:04 PM
Brigerbad, Switzerland
Joined Sep 2004
213 Posts
Been there

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkkennard
Well, I received my FS-TH9X 2.4G 9CH System (TX + RX) from RCModelPart, installed batteries, turned it on and all I get on the screen is "SWITCH ERROR"
I got confused by this one, the first time

In my case there was a combination of switches that would let the transmitter start. Do try that first as it is cheaper & more satisfying than sending it back
Mark
Swissflyer is offline Find More Posts by Swissflyer
Old Jul 09, 2009, 12:34 PM
Firefox
USA, KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSt
I'm attaching some screenshots
What PalmPilot versions will this run on ? Palm OS version ?
Firefox675 is offline Find More Posts by Firefox675
Old Jul 09, 2009, 12:47 PM
Joined Nov 2004
263 Posts
ReSt,

That application looks great! Any chance you are willing to share with the rcgroups community? I have a desk drawer full of old Palm devices, and would love to give this a try. If you could provide a few details on your hardware interface as well, that'd be awesome!

Cheers,
renns
renns is offline Find More Posts by renns
Old Jul 09, 2009, 04:49 PM
The Netherlands, OV, Almelo
Joined Sep 2008
80 Posts
ReSt,

this is a great job.
I like the Channelsettings approach.

I think the inexpensive hardware is a big advantage over a PPC.
Great...

Please share the program and a description of the communication hardware.

regards from hans
keepitsimple is offline Find More Posts by keepitsimple
Old Jul 09, 2009, 05:49 PM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
The OS of the palmV is PalmOS 3.3

The program is compiled to run on this Version (3.3) and higher (according to the compiler)

This PalmV has a serial port, that is accessible via the cradle and the attached serial cable. I have made an adaptercable with a subD-connector on one side and the small plug that fits into the radio. In the middle of the cable there is an IC ST232, that is comparable to a Max232, but is capable of higher datarates. This IC adapts the voltage levels between radio and serial port and inverts the polarity of the signals.

I can post the wiring with one of the next posts.

I'm attaching the program and a short description. If required, I can try to translate it into English.

regards

Reinhard
ReSt is offline Find More Posts by ReSt
Old Jul 09, 2009, 05:54 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple
ReSt,

this is a great job.
I like the Channelsettings approach.

I think the inexpensive hardware is a big advantage over a PPC.
Great...

Please share the program and a description of the communication hardware.

regards from hans
+1 !! I would love to be able to program my radio using a palm..
which palm version would you need.. how does it link to the radio?
how do you install the software on those things.. never even seen one of those in person..

Please share ReSt !! thanks!~
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Old Jul 09, 2009, 06:02 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,077 Posts
hey all has anyone found a good deal on receivers compatible with the turborix 6 channel??
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Jul 09, 2009, 06:32 PM
Joined Nov 2004
263 Posts
captaingeek,

HobbyKing has them at a good price. Mine shows $12.74 when I log in. Big spenders at HK can likely get them for even less, as the price on some products, including these rx's, drops as you spend more.
renns is offline Find More Posts by renns
Old Jul 09, 2009, 06:39 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,077 Posts
cool so these will work with the turborix too? nice.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek