Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Today, 01:15 PM
Joined Sep 2012
49 Posts
Good news, I found a 2200 kv same size motor haha ... I will try with this motor tomorrow and will see where problem is... and maybe will take a video...
madmanrc is offline Find More Posts by madmanrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 01:40 PM
Joined Apr 2014
7 Posts
hot glue

Couple of tips from me.

I've had some binding issues and as mentioned elsewhere, The Binding of the radio has to be done fairly quickly, my power plant/radio is totally stock, but you need to power-on the boat then turn on the TX radio within 3-4 seconds or sometimes mine won't bind.

I also am a BIG proponent of using Hot Glue as a shock absorber and extra support for the propeller outrigger posts, and on rear stern corners of the boat as that's what takes some bashing. All along the keel of the hull I added a couple of long runs of hot glue for ramming impact protection. You just GOTTA have two of these boats chasing each other on the water......

Also trimmed my rudder bottom edge at a small angle, for when the inevitable bashing occurs, the rudder angle will help deflect the impact energy up.

Dab of hot glue between steering servo mount and the battery retainer clip also helps absorb shock. I've pulled out the transom screws stripping out the hull threads, hence the hot glue on the rear outrigger joints.

and yes I've soldered together the water sensor red/black wire. why take the risk of a dead boat in the middle of a lake?

What Dumas or other Mfr larger diameter or pitch prop can I run on the stock motor for more top end speed? I don't want to just bend the pitch with pliers.
Windy Heap is offline Find More Posts by Windy Heap
Old Today, 01:42 PM
Joined Apr 2014
7 Posts
hot glue

Couple of tips from me.

I've had some binding issues and as mentioned elsewhere, The Binding of the radio has to be done fairly quickly, my power plant/radio is totally stock, but you need to power-on the boat then turn on the TX radio within 3-4 seconds or sometimes mine won't bind.

I also am a BIG proponent of using Hot Glue as a shock absorber and extra support for the propeller outrigger posts, and on rear stern corners of the boat as that's what takes some bashing. All along the keen of the hull I added a couple of long runs of hot glue for ramming protection.

Also trimmed my rudder bottom edge at a small angle, for when the inevitable bashing occurs, the rudder angle will help deflect the impact energy up.

Dab of hot glue between steering servo mount and the battery retainer clip also helps absorb shock. I've pulled out the transom screws stripping out the hull threads, hence the hot glue on the rear outrigger joints.

Also hot glue more support for the cooling water intake tube.

and yes I've soldered together the water sensor red/black wire. why take the risk of a dead boat in the middle of a lake?

What Dumas or other Mfr larger diameter or pitch prop can I run on the stock motor for more top end speed? I don't want to just bend the pitch with pliers. If I wanted to go brushless, it's be on a larger hull like the Traxxas Spartan or similar ~31" boat
Windy Heap is offline Find More Posts by Windy Heap