HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2014, 08:52 AM
I post once every 7 years.
United States, IL, Mundelein
Joined Apr 2005
69 Posts
I just acquired a Pica 1/6 laser Waco kit. I will be referencing this thread during my build for sure!
flycfii is offline Find More Posts by flycfii
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2014, 12:39 PM
AMA 910957
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,244 Posts
Be nice to see your Waco going together.

My project is on hold until I get settled in my new shop. Some activity here in this thread would be nice!

EJ
EJWash1 is offline Find More Posts by EJWash1
Old Jul 06, 2014, 02:53 PM
I post once every 7 years.
United States, IL, Mundelein
Joined Apr 2005
69 Posts
EJ, I'm glad to see you're still monitoring this thread. All things aside, I very much look forward to seeing your Waco build resume! I'm thinking about getting a magnetic building board, btw
flycfii is offline Find More Posts by flycfii
Old Jul 07, 2014, 04:19 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
Hey E,J.

I will also be monitoring your build and hope to see your shop. I will be jealous. You must be settling in nicely by now.

Still haven't flown my Waco (or my Stearman). I did managed to maiden my recent Tiger Moth build and it flew well.

Just too many planes even though I get out twice a week! I have been spending (too much) of my flying time on those little EDF jets which raise the adrenalin level for this old low and slow flyer as well as my Gary Wright designed E3D which is really fun and very relaxing cause I can fly it so slow and in any wind.

Tomorrow I am going to try to switch back to a nitro plane. I am missing the smoke and the smell; I think I'll go with the one ARF in my hanger, my U Can Do. which is also pretty stress free to fly. And maybe I'll fly my hexacopter as it has been gathering dust.

Some fine day I'll get the WACO in the air, but probably not before EJ is working on his!
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Jul 07, 2014, 10:11 PM
AMA 910957
Joined Mar 2008
5,244 Posts
Good to see ya U2!

Actually, we're no where near settling in to our new digs. We've already contracted with a designer and are about to embark on what looks to be a pretty comprehensive home remodeling project. We have the property setting that we want. Now we're going to pursue the home we want as well.

Jealous of my new shop? Are you kidding? Your hanger sets the bar sir!

EJ
Old Jul 07, 2014, 11:09 PM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,285 Posts
I'm envious of both of your shops, but I have to admit that a 4 stall garage, with indoor plumbing, and a lake view, has a certain appeal.
TomCrump is online now Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Jul 08, 2014, 12:53 AM
AMA 910957
Joined Mar 2008
5,244 Posts
I'm pretty excited about fitting my shop out, but it's gonna take time. Enjoyable time though.

EJ