Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 11, 2012, 09:28 AM
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
Question
How to install 6x4e prop?

Hey Folks - I am sorry to fry some of you with such a question but I cannot seem to understand how to install this APC6x4e prop on my HawkSky's stock motor. This prop looks too big for my motor and although it came with two sizing options none fits correctly.

I have attached pics of my stock 5x5 prop and the new APC-6x4e prop - Any tips on this?
sahil80 is offline Find More Posts by sahil80
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2012, 10:39 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,419 Posts
Looks like you were shorted some adapters. Your LHS may have some more.

I realize these are not APC, but APC-like. It is just to illustrate what sizing rings yours should have come with.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._75_2_pc_.html
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old May 11, 2012, 02:55 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,996 Posts
To fit the APC type props you need a 'prop adapter'. If you do a Google search on 'prop adapter' you should get plenty of information and pictures of what they look like.

Basically the adapter fits on the motor's shaft, and gives a larger shaft diameter for the propeller, which is then held on the adapter with a nut. The 'prop adapter ring', also in your picture, is to ensure the prop is a good fit on the adapter shaft.

You need to know the motor's shaft diameter to buy the correct adapter.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old May 11, 2012, 03:14 PM
Average User
Bakersfield, California
Joined Aug 2003
1,726 Posts
Like these......
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ers/Categories

Again, measure your motor shaft diameter to get the correct adapter.
M Ashmore is offline Find More Posts by M Ashmore
Old May 11, 2012, 04:55 PM
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
Thank you guys - I was able to find an adapter in my local LHS -

I did a dry run and ran the motor at 80%-100% throttle for 30/35 seconds and its temperature was hot. Not finger burning hot but considerable hot - Battery was normal and I couldn't feel temp of ESC as it is somewhere inside the fuselage.

I hope to go out and make a flight to see how well it runs
sahil80 is offline Find More Posts by sahil80