HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 17, 2014, 02:58 AM
Now, what does this button do?
Nukiwi's Avatar
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strassenkater View Post
Thanks!
How many degrees do you get?
About 80 degrees.
Nukiwi is offline Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2014, 04:48 AM
Get ya Alpha up
Hoverin's Avatar
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Mar 2012
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukiwi View Post
About 80 degrees.
Lol, I'm sure that's a typo. Here is my full deflection on high rates with arm 21mm centre to centre, as you can see about 50+ odd degrees.
Name: E562CCDB-C7DC-4882-98AE-21BAE3927CF6_zpsz575tfip.jpg
Views: 12
Size: 67.1 KB
Description:
Hoverin is online now Find More Posts by Hoverin
Last edited by Hoverin; Aug 17, 2014 at 08:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2014, 03:22 PM
Now, what does this button do?
Nukiwi's Avatar
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverin View Post
Lol, I'm sure that's a typo. Here is my full deflection on high rates with arm 21mm centre to centre, as you can see about 50+ odd degrees.
Attachment 7021286
Ooops, That will teach me, too much Pino & no proof reading......

Measured it with a gauge today & I get just over 60 degrees. on the elevator
Nukiwi is offline Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2014, 08:39 PM
Get ya Alpha up
Hoverin's Avatar
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Mar 2012
368 Posts
I'll have to get myself one of those degree guage thingies.
Hoverin is online now Find More Posts by Hoverin
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2014, 02:35 AM
Registered User
Strassenkater's Avatar
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Wuppertal
Joined Apr 2011
175 Posts
I just made template/stencil with photoshop.
One for 45 (ailerons) and one with 55 (elevator).
Printed and cut out with scissors.
Very simple and costs almost nothing.

I test mounted a spare servo (same typ as the 4 ordered ones, just not HV) yesterday and shortened the servo arm so it ends 1mm under the elevator.
I get 55 or 56, i think this enough an more isn't possible with my slick, over 56 it will bind.

Or are there 3D maneuvers where you need more than 55 on the elevator?
Strassenkater is online now Find More Posts by Strassenkater
Last edited by Strassenkater; Aug 18, 2014 at 03:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2014, 04:19 PM
SportsSedanMan
Australia, VIC, Geelong
Joined May 2013
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukiwi View Post
Hi,
Here are a few pics. Let me know if you need more.
Thanks Nukiwi
Sportssedanman is offline Find More Posts by Sportssedanman
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2006
1,277 Posts
Hi guys I just recieved a new slick from HK, this time very unhappy with it ... fuse is twisted or else because wings cant join to fuse at all, I've tried to measure everything but doesnt help to solve problem.

Any ideas how this can be solved ? send pictures to HK to show'em how bad this problem is and as ussual they refuse to take responsability on it.

Will see what paypal solves as i'm not satisfied at all, this is the 3rd slick I buy but first time I m not happy with plane.

Here I leave some pics to show what I refer to.
alcarafa is offline Find More Posts by alcarafa
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM
Get ya Alpha up
Hoverin's Avatar
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Mar 2012
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcarafa View Post
Hi guys I just recieved a new slick from HK, this time very unhappy with it ... fuse is twisted or else because wings cant join to fuse at all, I've tried to measure everything but doesnt help to solve problem.

Any ideas how this can be solved ? send pictures to HK to show'em how bad this problem is and as ussual they refuse to take responsability on it.

Will see what paypal solves as i'm not satisfied at all, this is the 3rd slick I buy but first time I m not happy with plane.

Here I leave some pics to show what I refer to.
Hi Alcarafa, bad luck on the latest Slick. Very poor QC here. Launch a Paypal dispute if HK are not coming to the party, unfortunately it will cost you more to return than it's worth but they should just send another without return. It's hard to see what's going on with the small pics you have taken. Maybe some pics further out so we can see more of Slick and along the fuse to see any twisting. Don't mess with it though till the Paypal dispute is finalized. Good luck.
Hoverin is online now Find More Posts by Hoverin
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM
Registered User
Strassenkater's Avatar
Deutschland, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Wuppertal
Joined Apr 2011
175 Posts
Big disappointment here also.
Today the NTM 4238 arrived.



I did two test runs (prop well balanced) to estimate the flight time.
In the second run the motor started making strange sounds.

The motor had no play when i inspected it out of the box.
After the second test run there was plenty of play.

I guess the shaft was manufactured a hair too thin and the bearing rotated on the shaft which wears the shaft causing even more play.

I will disassemble the motor tomorrow.
The motor did only run 2 x 5 minutes.
Strassenkater is online now Find More Posts by Strassenkater
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM
Now, what does this button do?
Nukiwi's Avatar
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
512 Posts
That's a shame. I have four of these motors & all have been good so far. (Oldest is nearly three years old!)
Nukiwi is offline Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2006
1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverin View Post
Hi Alcarafa, bad luck on the latest Slick. Very poor QC here. Launch a Paypal dispute if HK are not coming to the party, unfortunately it will cost you more to return than it's worth but they should just send another without return. It's hard to see what's going on with the small pics you have taken. Maybe some pics further out so we can see more of Slick and along the fuse to see any twisting. Don't mess with it though till the Paypal dispute is finalized. Good luck.
I already started a dispute on paypal, I dont think all HK planes are bad, this is 3rd slick I order.. .but first with lots of constructions mistakes ( maybe fuse builder had a bad day) HK already refused to credit me on this one and asked to send more pictures I think the ones I took perfectly show fuse is not ok, will wait for PP desicion.
alcarafa is offline Find More Posts by alcarafa
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,397 Posts
I think paypal dispute may result in them not selling ever again. If they weren't responding, I don't blame you though.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM
Get ya Alpha up
Hoverin's Avatar
Australia, WA, Mandurah
Joined Mar 2012
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcarafa View Post
I already started a dispute on paypal, I dont think all HK planes are bad, this is 3rd slick I order.. .but first with lots of constructions mistakes ( maybe fuse builder had a bad day) HK already refused to credit me on this one and asked to send more pictures I think the ones I took perfectly show fuse is not ok, will wait for PP desicion.
It's a normal coarse of action for them to ask for more photos. As I stated it's hard to see what's going on with the extreme close ups and low resolution pics you have. Send them more photos and you will get a reply in your favour, it has worked for all other disputes I have seen.
Hoverin is online now Find More Posts by Hoverin
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM
Now, what does this button do?
Nukiwi's Avatar
Christchurch. NZ
Joined Dec 2009
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverin View Post
It's a normal course of action for them to ask for more photos. As I stated it's hard to see what's going on with the extreme close ups and low resolution pics you have. Send them more photos and you will get a reply in your favour, it has worked for all other disputes I have seen.
Tend to agree, the pics are not in focus & need to show a bit more of the model.
By all means lodge a claim with PP if you get no joy after sending some more pics.
Nukiwi is offline Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:27 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2006
1,277 Posts
Will follow your advice guys and send more pic's . altough as usual with them ...already know hk will decline my petition.
alcarafa is offline Find More Posts by alcarafa
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product HK DuraFly Micro Slick 360 2S - Official Thread will3d4food Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 873 Aug 16, 2014 11:36 AM
Discussion Official Hobbyking 720p HD Camera Thread jaskel FPV Equipment 520 Aug 13, 2014 10:58 PM
New Product Turnigy SLICK 3D 1.3M -HOBBYKING Official Build Thread will3d4food 3D Flying 1975 Jul 17, 2014 07:40 AM
Build Log The Official Raven 3M build thread has begun. Windependence Sailplane Talk 1554 Jun 30, 2014 04:43 PM
Discussion Official-Twisted Hobbys Extra Slick 32" Slickinsaneness Build/Fly Thread Tom K. 3D Foamies 1322 Jun 09, 2014 03:13 AM