Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:59 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,001 Posts
Well, it looks like Kenji and Ken are getting things dialed in pretty well.

I'm having a wonderful time in Auckland. Yesterday (New Year's Day...), we took a ferry to Waiheke island, and did a wine tasting tour. I got some great shots with my A99 and my RX100, but I really wish I would've had some shellfish with me. Had the Phantom arrived on schedule, I probably would've brought one, and I even considered bringing my F330, but ran out of time.

As Andrey said, we still need a bit more testing on the iso motor mounts. He's going to try adding some silicon tubing, to add a bit softer isolation. The 2.7k/30p mode of the H3B is really more sensitive to jello than anything else I've flown, including the RX100 and the HX9V. Once we get the isolation sorted for this 2.7k mode, it should work equally well for everything else. I also think this extra isolation will make the HFG board happier as well.

Getting on a cruise ship on Friday, so I'm not sure how often ill be able to get online after that, but I will try and keep up.

Happy New Year!

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:34 PM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigar View Post
Doesn't the home lock needs to be in GPS mode to work?
No, it works in either mode. As long as you haven't started your flight prior to getting your green flashes, confirming Home and Heading lock. -- I take off as soon as I get my green flashes. -- JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:42 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
No, it works in either mode. As long as you haven't started your flight prior to getting your green flashes, confirming Home and Heading lock. -- I take off as soon as I get my green flashes. -- JOHN
Do you have to put it in gps or heading lock before taking off? I started off in Atti and never saw the green flashes.
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:46 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Second test flight complete. Was a much longer, daylight, flight. All I have to say is wow!!! This thing is so fun to fly and it just hovers. I trimmed it out and it just stood still. I want to thank everyone in here especially Andrey and Gary for putting together such an amazing flying machine. Now on to bigger and better things. I will continue to do some flying around to tune everything in and learn how to fly it better. Then on to camera gimbal. Thanks again everyone for the help with this. I love my Shrimp!
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:49 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2215 View Post
Second test flight complete. Was a much longer, daylight, flight. All I have to say is wow!!! This thing is so fun to fly and it just hovers. I trimmed it out and it just stood still. I want to thank everyone in here especially Andrey and Gary for putting together such an amazing flying machine. Now on to bigger and better things. I will continue to do some flying around to tune everything in and learn how to fly it better. Then on to camera gimbal. Thanks again everyone for the help with this. I love my Shrimp!
Do not trim a naza, if it drifts (outside of wind pushing it) then you need to tweak your setup
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:01 PM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Ahhh, that makes sense. So if you feel like you are in trouble you flip the home lock switch on and just pull the stick straight back and it comes straight back to home position (you), correct?
Hi Jeff, Yes, that is how it works. The only catch is that "Course Lock" works all the time, But "Home Lock" only works if you are more than 10 yards (approx) away from Home. If you are coming back home in Home Lock, and get withing 10 yards, it will switch into Course Lock, and could mess you up. So if you are using Home Lock to recover from a problem, once you get back in comfortable control and prior to 10 yards away, switch it off and just be in Atti again. -- JOHN
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:11 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Do not trim a naza, if it drifts (outside of wind pushing it) then you need to tweak your setup
Just curious, why not?
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:12 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Hi Jeff, Yes, that is how it works. The only catch is that "Course Lock" works all the time, But "Home Lock" only works if you are more than 10 yards (approx) away from Home. If you are coming back home in Home Lock, and get withing 10 yards, it will switch into Course Lock, and could mess you up. So if you are using Home Lock to recover from a problem, once you get back in comfortable control and prior to 10 yards away, switch it off and just be in Atti again. -- JOHN
Got it. Thanks!
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:17 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
9,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskim View Post
What multi are you flying?
Lobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Well, it looks like Kenji and Ken are getting things dialed in pretty well.

-- Gary
Thanks Gary, sounds like you are having a great time!
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:18 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
9,709 Posts
Quote:
Just curious, why not?
Should never trim a FC like the naza.. It will throw it off on next power up
Site Sponsor
Last edited by blade strike; Jan 01, 2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:27 PM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
786 Posts
Quote:
Do you have to put it in gps or heading lock before taking off? I started off in Atti and never saw the green flashes.
The quick green confirmation flashes (about 10 of them) will come approximately 30 seconds after you hook up your battery. As long as you are outside and have a view of the sky. -- When you take off in Atti, you can engage Course or Home lock at any time. When you do, if you are close enough to see your flashes, you will get slow alternating green flash to show that you are in one of the IOC modes. -- JOHN
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:57 PM
Australia, SA, Verran
Joined Dec 2012
79 Posts
Our Town - Hero 3 Black Edition on a FW-550

Just went out and did some filming and flying yesterday. I'm having a little trouble with my gain settings on my gimbal. But I can't tell if they are too high or too low. Would you guys mind taking a look and giving me your thoughts.

I've figured out rolling shutter issue with the Hero 3 Black Edition but I think the footage could be smoother.

Here is the link:
Our Town - Aerial Footage from GoPro Hero 3 Black (2 min 49 sec)
Stacy Cobb is offline Find More Posts by Stacy Cobb
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:09 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
Should never trim a FC like the naza.. It will throw it off on next power up
Yeah second flight seemed like something was off. Recalibrated the sticks and will try again. Thanks.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:13 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
9,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy Cobb View Post
Just went out and did some filming and flying yesterday. I'm having a little trouble with my gain settings on my gimbal. But I can't tell if they are too high or too low. Would you guys mind taking a look and giving me your thoughts.

I've figured out rolling shutter issue with the Hero 3 Black Edition but I think the footage could be smoother.

Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-9zpdGwx_Q
Looks good man. I do think you might need to loosen your tilt belt..
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2013, 04:46 PM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
Does the Hoverfly controller come with the AG600 Gimbal?
Closed Thread