HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:56 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLevo View Post
Email sent yesterday.

The battery is also in the correct place, BTW.

It just refuses to do anything but immediate FFF, nose down

Chris
Have you tried to swap right front with back left motors? Or front left with back right?

Sounds a lot like a bad motor. If you were real lucky it might just be a bad connection. Remember you have 2 connectors for each motor, one at motorside and one at circuitboard side.

Gotta be a way to isolate the problem.

John
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:45 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2010
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post

Gotta be a way to isolate the problem.
Thanks, John.

Connectors are all good, and will swap over the motors tonight.

What is really annoying is that it hovered for the first couple of flights, before losing its brain.

Does anyone know how quickly HH responds to service requests on their site?

Thanks again,

Chris
ChrisLevo is offline Find More Posts by ChrisLevo
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Try swapping the whole corner units (boom, landing skid, motor, etc). If that changes things then try to identify which component, probably the motor, boom wiring or wiring connections, was the problem.
TomQ is offline Find More Posts by TomQ
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:45 AM
Joined Dec 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, John.

Chris
I've thought so before I realise that motor wire at board connector fixed by heatshrink only, almost without solder. As result - faulty contact. I'm resolder wire and all working fine.
vlad_vy is offline Find More Posts by vlad_vy
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:53 AM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
HH responded within a couple days when I sent them questions in the past
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Jul 24, 2012, 03:16 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2010
114 Posts
Thanks for the advice, guys.

I swapped the non-responsive unit (motor, boom, etc.) with the one diagonally opposite.

The non-responsive one then worked after the swap, and the formerly good one stopped working.

I assume that it's either the ESC or a crook on-board connector (which looks fine to me), and I certainly am not competent at fixing either.

I emailed HH and told them that assume that I take it to Modelflight here in Adelaide for a replacement, as they are the HH importer, and am awaiting their response.

BTW, I have not even managed to flatten the first battery :-(

Thanks again - Chris
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:44 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the advice, guys.

I swapped the non-responsive unit (motor, boom, etc.) with the one diagonally opposite.

The non-responsive one then worked after the swap, and the formerly good one stopped working.

I assume that it's either the ESC or a crook on-board connector (which looks fine to me), and I certainly am not competent at fixing either.

I emailed HH and told them that assume that I take it to Modelflight here in Adelaide for a replacement, as they are the HH importer, and am awaiting their response.

BTW, I have not even managed to flatten the first battery :-(

Thanks again - Chris
your better off calling HH. I have not always had the best luck on emailing them. They take at least 48 hours and sometimes I never hear back. Just call them.

I finally got to take my new Mqx out to an open soccer field area so I had some nice space to fly and now it seems a lot more fun! I was able to really fly around and see what it can do. I even did a few flips frontwards and sideways. flipped easier then I thought. I tried the new Hyperion battery I got for it and definitely liked it better, but surprisingly its slightly smaller then the stock battery even though it has more mah and higher c rating. so its loose in the holder and totally slid out and came unhooked in one crash.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:32 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
your better off calling HH. I have not always had the best luck on emailing them. They take at least 48 hours and sometimes I never hear back. Just call them.

I finally got to take my new Mqx out to an open soccer field area so I had some nice space to fly and now it seems a lot more fun! I was able to really fly around and see what it can do. I even did a few flips frontwards and sideways. flipped easier then I thought. I tried the new Hyperion battery I got for it and definitely liked it better, but surprisingly its slightly smaller then the stock battery even though it has more mah and higher c rating. so its loose in the holder and totally slid out and came unhooked in one crash.
A little scotch tape or electrician's tape around the battery works perfect for me.
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Mar 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
I tried the new Hyperion battery I got for it and definitely liked it better, but surprisingly its slightly smaller then the stock battery even though it has more mah and higher c rating. so its loose in the holder and totally slid out and came unhooked in one crash.
I use a piece of thin duct tape to secure all of my batteries. I make sure the tape is covering all of the battery surface that is exposed between the two cross braces of the frame. Thick tape like Gorilla tape does not seal as close to the edges as thinner tape. I use each piece of tape about 25 times.
I have had thousands of high speed crashes and not had a battery shift more than a quarter of an inch.
TomQ is offline Find More Posts by TomQ
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:33 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Thanks i was thinking of doing something like that. Think i need a couple more batteries. Dont know if i want more hyperions or just get three cheap turnigy nano tech ones and wait a month to get them......hmmmmm
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:59 AM
Belgique, Région Wallonne, Wavre
Joined Feb 2011
207 Posts
A bit of fun yesterday in the garden :
mQx (2 min 45 sec)
moombe is offline Find More Posts by moombe
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:29 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moombe View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTyy_gFyQtc
Some. Nice. Flying.
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Old Jul 24, 2012, 03:31 PM
Shawnee, Kansas
Joined Oct 2005
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moombe View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTyy_gFyQtc
Good job on the video and flying!
Ched is offline Find More Posts by Ched
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Mar 2012
67 Posts
I'm in Germany at the moment where your video is blocked because it "may" contain music that hasn't been granted rights by GEMA. Shame :-(
micros is offline Find More Posts by micros
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:56 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2010
114 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, Nick, but it's expensive to be put on hold when you are calling from Australia

I emailed them with the results of my swapping out motors, and will just have to wait to hear from them.

Chris