New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:41 PM
Find More Posts by MCSULY
Joined Jan 2016
4 Posts
Help!
Volantex Vector 28 Binding Problems

Hey I bought the Volantex RC Vector 28.
Ever since i owned it, i have been having binding problems.
Everything works great accept the throttle. It's choppy at first or the receiver just flashes. After like 5+minutes it starts working.

What i do is i power on the controller with the throttle fully down.
Plug in boat battery within 5 seconds.
Steer in one direction and let go.

After this it sometimes accelerates well but 3 seconds later the transmitter in the boat flashes and i can't accelerate. Everything else works but that. I tested the voltages and all, and everything is fine. I took apart the remote and rechecked everything, and its all good.

Could someone help me with the proper binding procedure?

thanks!
MCSULY is offline Find More Posts by MCSULY
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2016, 04:04 PM
Joined Jan 2016
4 Posts
Here is a video i took of the problem

View My Video
Old Feb 02, 2016, 08:23 PM
Find More Posts by Terry Smith
Australia, SA, Morphett Vale
Joined Oct 2014
121 Posts
Seeing as how no-one else wants to talk to you, I'll put in my 5 cents worth. I'm probably wrong but.........

If there was anything wrong with the binding you wouldn't be achieving as much as you are.

With the loss of connection and the flashing light it looks to me as if you're getting a 'brown out' condition where the motor is drawing enough current from the battery to drop the voltage below the receiver's drop-out level. As the battery recovers, the receiver rebinds.

Check this by putting a multimeter across the battery (an analog meter would be better for this than a digital one - I won't go too far as to why) and look for a drop in voltage when you gun the motor.

If this is the case, you either have a faulty motor (drawing too much current), a faulty battery (unable to supply sufficient current) or a high resistance connector (poor soldering or corrosion) in the battery/receiver line.

If the battery is the problem, it may be relieved to some degree by putting a capacitor across the battery line to the receiver similar to:

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...ProdID=SPM1600

I may be barking up the wrong tree but this is where I'd start looking.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong
Terry Smith is online now Find More Posts by Terry Smith
Old Feb 02, 2016, 09:51 PM
Joined Jan 2016
4 Posts
Hey,
Thanks for replying!
I tested the voltage of the battery and got 8.31v

I than measured the voltage of the battery while trying to get the motor to spin and noticed right away that the voltage drops rapidly. from 8,7,6, and cuts off.

I tested the motor separately and it works.
So i'm assuming i either have a faulty battery or need a high resistance connector.
Old Feb 02, 2016, 09:55 PM
Joined Jan 2016
4 Posts
i have also noticed that the receiver transmitter cap does not close fully. Maybe this is the cause of it also?Water got in?
http://i.imgur.com/rYzvRU5.jpg
Old Feb 02, 2016, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by AirDOGGe
Just Plane Nutts
United States, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2011
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Smith View Post
Seeing as how no-one else wants to talk to you...

It's not a situation of not wanting to talk. I help wherever I think I can prove useful, but I won't speak up if I have nothing to offer. This boat is new to me

I hope your suggestion leads to success. Looks like good advice.

Recent events DO give me something to suggest now though. Check the transmitter!

I had a Steerix micro boat fail recently, the throttle staying full on and the rudder not working. The boat had lost a hatch and sunk recently, so I thought it's RX was bad from water damage. Nope. those are sealed waterproof.

Turns out it was the TRANSMITTER that had issues. The boat works fine when tried with a TX from another identical boat. How about that?

One more point. What size/capacity battery are you using? A too-small-in-output lipo may cause an ESC to cut the throttle.
AirDOGGe is online now Find More Posts by AirDOGGe
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Feb 02, 2016 at 10:23 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2016, 04:56 AM
Joined Oct 2014
121 Posts
Sorry AirDOGGe, I was just being flippant.
Old Feb 03, 2016, 04:30 PM
Joined Oct 2014
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSULY View Post
So i'm assuming i either have a faulty battery or need a high resistance connector.
It certainly looks as if the battery is faulty.

A high resistance connector is a bad thing.