Find More Posts by 1QwkSport2.5r
In SuperTigre we trust.
United States, MN, Cottage Grove
Joined Dec 2014
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1967 View Post
Can't help it... I see what I see....
I don't doubt you, Bert. I'm just surprised and also curious as to what the difference is. FWIW, I have a Novarossi .21 Buggy engine made around 2001 that has two shims under the head too. The manual calls for 5% nitro 12-15% castor for break in and 16-25% nitro and 8-10% castor for regular running. Weird.

We now return you to your regularily scheduled forum topic.
1QwkSport2.5r is online now Find More Posts by 1QwkSport2.5r
Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; Jan 29, 2016 at 07:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by Walyris
Joined Mar 2016
6 Posts
Jr xg8 systens

RadioControl System JR XG8 with RG831B receiver and RA01T remote telemetry antenna.
My fuselage is Wood Material. What’s better place to put a remote antenna RA01T ? This antenna should be horizontal or vertically? Can I Paste this antenna inside the fuselage, in the vertical position?
Thank You , Walyris (Brazil).
Walyris is offline Find More Posts by Walyris
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:33 PM
Joined Mar 2016
6 Posts
Radio Control JR

RadioControl System JR XG8 with RG831B receiver and RA01T remote telemetry antenna.
My fuselage is Wood Material. What’s better place to put a remote antenna RA01T ? This antenna should be horizontal or vertically? Can I Paste this antenna inside the fuselage, in the vertical position?
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:36 PM
Joined Mar 2016
6 Posts
Old Mar 23, 2016, 07:29 AM
Find More Posts by kingsflyer
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,899 Posts
Walyris, your post might get a better answer if you posted it in the radio section. Not to be disrespectful, but this thread is for the discussion of a new glow plug from OS.
McD
kingsflyer is online now Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Apr 07, 2016, 11:19 AM
Find More Posts by hazegry
Joined Sep 2006
1,360 Posts
[QUOTE=Brutus1967;29138754]Yes... long time ago, a large number of people used steam engines in ships very succesfully
[QUOTE]

Um Carriers are still steam engines, reactor heats the water that generates steam that turns the turbines. So the most advanced ships on the water are steam driven. Sorry not picking at you but as a sailor I had to correct that one lol.
hazegry is online now Find More Posts by hazegry
Old Apr 07, 2016, 11:33 AM
Joined Sep 2006
1,360 Posts
is there any updated info on these from anyone running them for a while? I was thinking of running a GGT10 in my sig somethin' xtra but I am new to planes I messed with glow a bit (my trainer is glow its used but runs good) I was looking at it for longer run times I just want to get the most flight time I can. I was going to go electric but I like the idea of land gas and go and not having to wait for batteries to charge. I am sorry if it was answered in the thread but I am new to planes and allot of it went over my head.
Old Apr 07, 2016, 01:11 PM
Find More Posts by Brutus1967
I convince things to work
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
6,057 Posts
[QUOTE=hazegry;34465297][QUOTE=Brutus1967;29138754]Yes... long time ago, a large number of people used steam engines in ships very succesfully
Quote:

Um Carriers are still steam engines, reactor heats the water that generates steam that turns the turbines. So the most advanced ships on the water are steam driven. Sorry not picking at you but as a sailor I had to correct that one lol.
Yes.... if you have energy for the throw-away.... Gas carriers running on the boil-off also sometimes use them.

No one else does, because apart from the above, all others have to pay for their own fuel bill....

Besides, agreed that the upper decks with their aircraft operations are state of the art, but in the propulsion department, I would not dare call an aircraft carrier "the most advanced ships".... (and I am sailor, chief engineer actually, myself )

But actually, my Original post referred to steam engines (reciprocating) not steam turbines, as they still have a fair bit in use, for example in power stations, where sheer size allows them to be still about economical....
Brutus1967 is online now Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Old Apr 07, 2016, 02:05 PM
Joined Sep 2006
1,360 Posts
[QUOTE=Brutus1967;34466217][QUOTE=hazegry;34465297]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1967 View Post
Yes... long time ago, a large number of people used steam engines in ships very succesfully

Yes.... if you have energy for the throw-away.... Gas carriers running on the boil-off also sometimes use them.

No one else does, because apart from the above, all others have to pay for their own fuel bill....

Besides, agreed that the upper decks with their aircraft operations are state of the art, but in the propulsion department, I would not dare call an aircraft carrier "the most advanced ships".... (and I am sailor, chief engineer actually, myself )

But actually, my Original post referred to steam engines (reciprocating) not steam turbines, as they still have a fair bit in use, for example in power stations, where sheer size allows them to be still about economical....
lol I do work on the flight deck. Now that these have been out a bit what do you think of these gas/glow engines?
Old Apr 07, 2016, 03:10 PM
Find More Posts by Brutus1967
I convince things to work
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
6,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazegry View Post

lol I do work on the flight deck. Now that these have been out a bit what do you think of these gas/glow engines?
I don't think much of them...

I don't hate or dislike glow, but I think glow and gasoline is not the best combination, not as good as methanol and glow. However I prefer CDI at any time, at any engine.... But that is personal....
Brutus1967 is online now Find More Posts by Brutus1967