New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2015, 04:35 PM
Find More Posts by Jezzejamez
United States, MI, Commerce Charter Township
Joined Oct 2013
2,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie_in_texas View Post
do you have a link to that last one that is local to you sir?
Yes i sure do. Sorry for the late reply...

http://giantpowerlipos.myshopify.com...e-lipo-battery
Jezzejamez is online now Find More Posts by Jezzejamez
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2015, 01:15 PM
Find More Posts by Jasen40
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,931 Posts
My Bl is going crazy, it would not lift off on the last flight. I checked all common issues main gear,servo plugs. I think the board has gone south. With throttle applied there is no wind under blades only above them. The BL has all the same parts as the last time it flew, and the same tx file fly's my nano cpx fine. Possibly the motor my be turning backward. Do you guys have any help thoughts?
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Dec 30, 2015, 01:30 PM
Find More Posts by HPCR
San Mateo, CA
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Dec 2012
1,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
My Bl is going crazy, it would not lift off on the last flight. I checked all common issues main gear,servo plugs. I think the board has gone south. With throttle applied there is no wind under blades only above them. The BL has all the same parts as the last time it flew, and the same tx file fly's my nano cpx fine. Possibly the motor my be turning backward. Do you guys have any help thoughts?
Don't tell me the gear dropped down or the swash crept out on you??
HPCR is online now Find More Posts by HPCR
Old Dec 30, 2015, 01:52 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,931 Posts
The main gear is pushed all the way up. Swash/blades are level at 0 pitch. Seems like it's stuck in idle up negative pitch mode. It probably would fly if I held it upside down by the skids, and release. I am thinking the 3n1 went crazy. Sucks because Christmas time and flying my in-laws in has left me short on $$
Old Dec 30, 2015, 02:12 PM
Find More Posts by HPCR
San Mateo, CA
Joined Dec 2012
1,623 Posts
So Jasen, with TH on , at mid stick you have the blades level. At zero throttle, you have a decent scissor shape between the two blades and at full throttle you have a reverse and equal scissor shape between the blades?? It that is the case.. it looks like a board issue.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 03:16 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,931 Posts
On the bench throttle hold on all servos respond as normal. Heli in hand while throttling up I can see the pitch servo pushing down. Weirdest board failure I have seen yet.
HH support said it sounds like your board firmware is corrupted, and you will need to order a replacement board. Bummed out that I need to pay full price for new 3n1, when the failure was not caused by my hand via a crash or something else.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 03:26 PM
Find More Posts by CraigHB
crash tested
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Dec 2014
1,813 Posts
Yeah that's like the most expensive failure you can have. Might try to find a used heli with a good board cheaper than what it costs to buy a new board from HH.
CraigHB is offline Find More Posts by CraigHB
Old Dec 31, 2015, 03:29 PM
Find More Posts by HPCR
San Mateo, CA
Joined Dec 2012
1,623 Posts
Quote:
On the bench throttle hold on all servos respond as normal. Heli in hand while throttling up I can see the pitch servo pushing down. Weirdest board failure I have seen yet.
HH support said it sounds like your board firmware is corrupted, and you will need to order a replacement board. Bummed out that I need to pay full price for new 3n1, when the failure was not caused by my hand via a crash or something else.
Bummer indeed. Hint .. time for a CFX 180.. or a new Nano CPS..new technology. I must say , I have a few of each and they really have improved about everything about them and you do not have to buy lots of aftermarket bits and pieces to make them fly well.! Indoors the CPS , outdoors the 180 CFX LOL
Old Dec 31, 2015, 03:55 PM
Find More Posts by HPCR
San Mateo, CA
Joined Dec 2012
1,623 Posts
Quote:

Go here... That is where I get my boards repaired..

http://www.megasmicros.com/category_s/1856.htm

Cheers
HarryR
Old Dec 31, 2015, 04:01 PM
crash tested
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Dec 2014
1,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPCR View Post
Bummer indeed. Hint .. time for a CFX 180.. or a new Nano CPS..new technology.
I don't know, a 180 CFX borders on a heli too fast and powerful to fly in the front or back yard. The mCPX BL is just the right size and power for that. I'm hoping they don't kill that 2S bird completely and neglect to bring out an updated version. It does have a niche it fills.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 04:15 PM
Find More Posts by HPCR
San Mateo, CA
Joined Dec 2012
1,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB View Post
I don't know, a 180 CFX borders on a heli too fast and powerful to fly in the front or back yard. The mCPX BL is just the right size and power for that. I'm hoping they don't kill that 2S bird completely and neglect to bring out an updated version. It does have a niche it fills.
Good point. I never could get the B/L to " behave" it was always very nervous in the air. The 180 seems to have some more substance and is less " darty". If that makes sense.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 04:29 PM
crash tested
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Dec 2014
1,813 Posts
Yes it does, bigger helis are always better for stability. The mCPX is notably more stable than my Nano CPX (converted to brushless main and tail). The 180 CFX should be notably more stable than an mCPX and so on up the line. It's the price you pay for a small heli you can fly in a small space.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 04:52 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,931 Posts
Currently have one nano cpx with brushless and bling. Just got the cps version two weeks ago. The cps is nice for indoor flights. Also I have a 230s. I am staying away from the 180 after having a 130x. Like how it flew, but hated messing with the gear mesh. Sold it and got the BL. I like the darty hummingbird. A few weeks ago there were a lot used Bls to be had, not much left now. I may try to get Horrizon to offer me 20% off the board.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 04:56 PM
crash tested
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Dec 2014
1,813 Posts
You might try doing a repair ticket. Often times they will replace stuff like that for free from the service shop where tech support will tell you to buy a new one.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 05:06 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,931 Posts
Thanks guys for the reply's