New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2016, 08:26 AM
Find More Posts by RevWarBrig
Springfield, OH
Joined May 2008
96 Posts
Will 2016 be the year? I really hope so....

Everyone's encouraging support is fantastic.
Happy New Year!
RevWarBrig is offline Find More Posts by RevWarBrig
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2016, 02:01 PM
Find More Posts by yancovitch
Joined Oct 2006
943 Posts
yea............hope this will be a great year for all...god willing
yancovitch is online now Find More Posts by yancovitch
Old Jan 02, 2016, 08:36 PM
Find More Posts by skibo
United States, WA, Longview
Joined Sep 2012
64 Posts
Brig Fair American

I am watching with keen interest in your Fair American build. Back in late 1988 after reading about His Rattle Snake, I finally contacted Al L'heureux on several technical questions I had on such a build as a The Rattle Snake, he was more than helpful and sent me a schematic of the operational controlling of the sails and the counter wight. I followed most everything he said to do to in his schematics, I still have his letter and two of the "Scale Ship Modeler" mag.s for keep sake. Doe's anyone know if Al L'heureux is still around? I miss the that old S.S.M.Magazine with all the information articles it had along with fairly good pictures, sometimes! Well I finally got rid of the Hot Rod and now I have room to build a new modeling shop, looking to post some pictures of a Schooner build I'm planning . I can't wait to see more pictures of your Fair American build, looking great!
Leonce
skibo is offline Find More Posts by skibo
Old Jan 03, 2016, 07:02 PM
Find More Posts by JerryTodd
SCALE Sailor
United States, MD, Severna Park
Joined Apr 2008
1,895 Posts
I think Al left us some time back. I believe he was in his 60's when he built Rattlesnake in the early 80's, and not in the best of health then.
I think he'd be real pleased to know he inspired so many of us with his model to build our own.
I scanned and posted all three of the Model Ship Builder Rattlesnake articles on my site HERE in PDF format.

I wonder whatever became of his Rattlesnake - I hope it's still around somewhere.
JerryTodd is offline Find More Posts by JerryTodd
Old Jan 06, 2016, 03:37 PM
Find More Posts by skibo
United States, WA, Longview
Joined Sep 2012
64 Posts
Jerry , I sorta figured as much about the possibility of his passing,but I hadn't heard, I wonder if his Rattle Snake is being sailed or on display somewhere. I would like to know who has my Rattle Snake which I only got to sail once ended up after it was stolen, I do believe it's somewhere here in town, but not sure.
Leonce
skibo is offline Find More Posts by skibo