Multiple Screw
Springer Classic
Super Springer
Entry Fee $5.00 per boat no limit on boats per Skipper
Course Two Sections Free Boat Navigation and Barge Handling
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2010, 07:54 PM
Looking forward to it, CaptLee!

This is an evolution of the 2 day event that used to be held in late July. The single day format which the club started last year keeps the tug drivers and judges busy having fun- particularly for those that enter multiple boats! Having two courses going at the same time makes for a lot of activity on the water for the many spectators who visit the lake.

Barges are available, suitable in size for the tugboat you bring- and if you are new to tug events, plenty of friendly advice is given on how to tie the tugs to barges and how to navigate the course!

Mark your calendars and get your tugboats ready! This is a fun day at the lake that tugboat enthusiasts should not miss!
Apr 29, 2010, 07:05 PM
Is the date correct? the 5th of June is a Wednesday,going to be low turn out.
Apr 29, 2010, 07:08 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Aero, between us I think we have it covered but we will see when the others chime in. Am hoping KMOT and Toesup are planning to attend. And any of the Northwest folks would be nice to see. And also should say that people we have not even thought of would round out this deal very well. So will just say:
Come One, Come All but try to bring a tug so playtime is for all!!!!!!!!
Apr 29, 2010, 07:13 PM
Thread OP
CaptCal What calender are you using, mine says it is a Saturday. This is a change for us as it has been traditionly on a Sunday. If they can manage to get off that day we will have a couple of full size Tugboat Skippers to judge if we are doing it right.
Apr 30, 2010, 01:49 PM
r/c ships and workboats
CaptCal, my callander agrees with CaptLee as that is a Saturday in June.
Lee, would love to come down and not sure if anyone from up here is comming down as that is the same day as the annual regatta over in Bellevue. Hope you have a big turn out and lots of tugs!!
Apr 30, 2010, 07:12 PM
Thread OP
Keith That just shows that Like Minds think Alike. Am wishing you all the best of Luck also. Am considering a run up for the Bellevue Tug in August. For all the rest of you attend either of these and you will not be disappointed. We will try to post photos within a day or so if Myself and others remember to take them.
Apr 30, 2010, 08:38 PM
oop's I can see clearer today,had ankle surgry Wednesday Sorry
Apr 30, 2010, 11:43 PM
Think you might make it to the event this year with a tug, Capt Cal?
May 05, 2010, 12:55 AM
Thread OP
Was out giving the Springer Barge a bit of a precontest run and figure we will be using them in the 60# configuration. Seems to be a no problemo weight as we were moving it around with no hitches, even put a youngster on the sticks and he was moving it like a pro. too bad that Aero and myself cannot say the same for our efforts, but got some practise on it anyway.
May 05, 2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptLee
...even put a youngster on the sticks and he was moving it like a pro.
It was scary how good that kid was at landing the barge on the mark!

Just a passer-by at the lake who ended up running a boat for about an hour!

Maybe we'll see him back at the lake someday with his own boat, you never know!

Remember to share the hobby!
May 06, 2010, 06:46 PM
Thread OP
Am figuring out the course and score sheets today, hoping my two judges get the day loose so they can show up. If it works will have a couple of real tugboat skippers checking out the way we do it.
May 11, 2010, 03:02 PM
Thread OP
Just a quick report on progress for the contest. checked the ParkRec calender ans as of this time we have a clear shot so should be easy parking and access.
May 21, 2010, 05:39 PM
Thread OP
it's still on and may even have GOOD weather, even if this week is not so good.
May 27, 2010, 01:06 PM
I'll be there, and i'll be bringing 3-4 tugs, who else is going?

Quick Reply