|Sep 19, 2013, 09:07 AM|
Great work again Fahim
|Sep 19, 2013, 11:44 AM|
United States, KY, Sturgis
Joined Jul 2007
[QUOTE=awrightbrother;26151675]Wasn't there a radio program back in the 50s or 60s that caused a major panic in New York?
Halloween 1938, Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) Radio broadcast of "War of the Worlds". Many people thought that it was real causing panic in New York, New Jersey area.
|Oct 15, 2013, 09:28 AM|
Wowplanes UFO Update
I realize that I have not posted much lately, so here is an update.
I have had about 50 to 100 flights by now with UFO 2.0, and it is still in flying condition. Besides honing my piloting skills, I have been trying different ideas for a "New and Improved" UFO 3.0.
As time permits, I plan to start posting progress on 3.0 in the next few days and weeks.
1. I have ordered Carbon fiber props to see what difference that would make. It should provide more thrust, less vibration, and a more silent flight, I think.
2. I have also ordered electric retracts and have to come up with a landing pad or skid system.
3. Even though 2.0 is hollow inside for weight saving, it still presents a solid profile to the wind that slows it down when flying against the wind. I have some ideas on how to make it appear visually solid while being transparent to the wind.
4. The color scheme needs to be more exciting and visible from a distance.
5. I am trying some of these ideas on 2.0, and if they work, will incorporate them in 3.0, before I start cutting foam.
So hang in there, more to come.
|Oct 30, 2013, 07:56 AM|
2. The electric retracts are here but will not be using them until I build 3.0
3. I removed the dead foam between the ducts and replaced it with window/pool screen. That makes it visibly solid while allowing air to pass thru. Much improvement when flying against wind.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion Marvin Martian's Flying Saucer||bobdaeronort||Foamies (Scratchbuilt)||93||Apr 13, 2013 03:19 PM|
|Discussion Quad Saucer - UFO - RCG R&D - read this before making a saucer !||ggtronic||Multirotor Talk||54||Mar 21, 2013 09:53 PM|
|Discussion UFO Flying Saucer||Ron_RC||Scratchbuilt Multirotors||6||Mar 10, 2013 05:09 PM|
|Discussion Alien flying saucer and X-UFO||draxx||Coaxial Helicopters||0||Mar 20, 2009 03:27 PM|
|Gallery Flying Saucer 4||foamflyer||Your Plane Photos||0||May 26, 2004 12:53 PM|