HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2014, 02:07 PM
Joined Aug 2011
329 Posts
Funny you said that - I also just bought one for $50 and 4 new batteries!
Turbobearcat is offline Find More Posts by Turbobearcat
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2014, 02:14 PM
Joined Aug 2011
329 Posts
Has anybody used this to program their AS3X?
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=SPMA3060
Turbobearcat is offline Find More Posts by Turbobearcat
Old Mar 06, 2014, 03:39 PM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,517 Posts
Oh yes!!
Well, I've not used it on my MiG yet, just the Carbon Cub for now.
The official Spektrum software is ok but there are better versions available (bhoov has links I think...) that allow you to really fine tune the gyros.

Tony
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nearly done!!
Old Mar 06, 2014, 03:45 PM
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,063 Posts
I wish they made that for the big AS3X RX.
jrtubb is online now Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Building a Sig Herr Air Boss
Old Mar 06, 2014, 04:37 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtubb View Post
I wish they made that for the big AS3X RX.
Your wish is about to come true - in spades! HH is releasing a whole new line of AS3X-equipped receivers that can be programmed via OS & Android devices or a PC. The AR6335 - a 6-channel Nanolite parkflyer rx (same size rx as the one in the 280-size parkflyers), the AR636 6-channel sport rx (replacement for the current AR635 sport rx), along with the AR7350 7-channel & AR9350 9-channel high-speed full-range receivers. Unlike the current crop of AS3X receivers - all of them support dual-channel ailerons, and they have 3 gyro modes. If I remember correctly, the three full-sized receivers are also compatible with ICE power all the way up to giant-scale (unlike the AR635, which is not to be used with ICE-powered planes of any scale or electrics above 90-size). The 7 & 9 channel receivers also have ports for telemetry sensors and GPS.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 06, 2014, 04:45 PM
Pan Pan, Pan Pan, Mayday
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
3,517 Posts
I sure hope that $149 doesn't exchange to 149

Tony
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nearly done!!
Old Mar 10, 2014, 04:46 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbobearcat View Post
Funny you said that - I also just bought one for $50 and 4 new batteries!
Wow!

I was able to get some flights in yesterday with my MiG-15 and boy was it fun! My normal camerawoman had a great time learning how to use my new camcorder too:

E-Flite UMX MiG-15 DF Ultra Micro EDF Jet Fighter - Korean War Warbird with AS3X Technology (3 min 0 sec)
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2014, 05:01 PM
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Sep 2011
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
Wow!

I was able to get some flights in yesterday with my MiG-15 and boy was it fun! My normal camerawoman had a great time learning how to use my new camcorder too:

http://youtu.be/KXuj_vfEJPQ
Nice flying and nice footage. That little MIG is hard to chase with a camera. I'm jealous, just starting to warm up here but it will be a little bit before the gravel is off the lots so I can fly my ultra micros.
CnadianFF is offline Find More Posts by CnadianFF
Old Mar 10, 2014, 07:47 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,182 Posts
GB,

Great footage! Nice flying - and excellent landings, too! Wow, your landings have improved about 1000% since your last Habu video!

Finally had some decent flying wx - but I forgot to charge the hatcam, so I didn't get any video. It got up to 52 F today. That's over 70 degrees warmer than it was just a week ago. Finally, some light at the end of the tunnel! With luck, I'll have some footage to post soon.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2014, 01:00 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnadianFF View Post
Nice flying and nice footage. That little MIG is hard to chase with a camera. I'm jealous, just starting to warm up here but it will be a little bit before the gravel is off the lots so I can fly my ultra micros.
Thank you! I can't wait for you to post some of your fun too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
GB,

Great footage! Nice flying - and excellent landings, too! Wow, your landings have improved about 1000% since your last Habu video!

Finally had some decent flying wx - but I forgot to charge the hatcam, so I didn't get any video. It got up to 52 F today. That's over 70 degrees warmer than it was just a week ago. Finally, some light at the end of the tunnel! With luck, I'll have some footage to post soon.

Joel
Thank you Joel! I really appreciate the positive feedback. I still see lots of room to get better, but you are right about these being better than the Habu landings lol Those were NOT GOOD!

Please charge your hatcam as we need to keep the footage of this great hobby pumping out the masses!

GB
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:18 AM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,582 Posts
Right on GBL! Nice video as well as the editing! & of course nice flying! Strayed away a bit from the thread 'cause I'm so addicted to FPV on my Blade 350QX!!

Have a good weekend & happy landings!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:10 AM
Joined Jul 2012
83 Posts
I tried to launch at 75% throttle last weekend and could not get it going. Suddenly I remembered I needed 100% throttle for launch and she flew perfectly! I need to switch over to high rates now and start having more fun with it!
rccraze is offline Find More Posts by rccraze
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:40 AM
...missing the PE Slope Rebels
United States, MI, Manchester
Joined May 2004
2,970 Posts
I want to fly my Mig this coming summer on 2S....some club mates have F-86's and I need to out-run them

whats the recommended consensus on 2S packs ????

thanks for the info
FB
Flying Beagle is online now Find More Posts by Flying Beagle
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:43 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Beagle View Post
I want to fly my Mig this coming summer on 2S....some club mates have F-86's and I need to out-run them

whats the recommended consensus on 2S packs ????

thanks for the info
FB
2S is stock. You mean 3S?
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Mar 17, 2014, 05:15 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2013
136 Posts
I use mainly the Hyperion 3S 180Mah ones.
I also use the Nanotech ones but they dont last as long (really only 2 minutes and they are below 15% charge after that!)
Twinyfly is offline Find More Posts by Twinyfly