HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:50 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,288 Posts
Short 2 min video

I am flying my stock nano with stock lipo. Very stable and awesome for indoor 3D. I have 2 and go back to back. Thank you HH!

Bland nano (1 min 51 sec)

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:06 AM
Joined Feb 2008
143 Posts
How comparable is the difficulty of flying the nCP X vs that of the Ladybird? I'm especially interested in indoor flight.

Thanks
Zoide is offline Find More Posts by Zoide
Last edited by Zoide; Oct 14, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:04 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,085 Posts
Did you use hot melt? I have never had a HG joint come off[/QUOTE]

No I just grabbed the little kiddie safe HG gun, my son uses. It was on hand. Mine is harder to get at. Must find the time to clean out the basement...sometime.
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:05 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoide View Post
How comparable is the difficulty of flying the nCP X vs that of the Ladybird? I'm especially interested in indoor flight.

Thanks
I would say it is a very kind of flying ... not sure if it even should be compared. As far as flying a CP heli however, it is probably the best idea you can have to learn it ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:15 AM
Stow, MA
Joined Mar 2002
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I can flip the nano in my shower and even a little bit under a table..had to try

The mcpx Smallest area I could go was my bathroom.

The nano I can run into anything without worrying about damage.

So yes IMHO if you have a mcpx the nano is still well worth it but skill dependent you might have to still practice a bit with a pretend ceiling outside before flipping inside
Thanks! Sound like exactly what I "need" over the winter

Carl
cfossa is offline Find More Posts by cfossa
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:16 AM
Stow, MA
Joined Mar 2002
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ls Thumbs View Post
Yes, it is that different. You can fly it indoors with a bit of practice. I do recommend outside first.

A few weeks with the Nano will help your mCPX skills too.
Thanks!

Carl
cfossa is offline Find More Posts by cfossa
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:48 AM
Tiel, The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2007
252 Posts
Just installed Phoenix on my notebook.
Probably better for my nano to get more basics.
always hate the phoenix after a few minutes but it's the cheapest way to memorize stick inputs.

btw Why the didn't deliver a 230V supply for the charger.
Thought the Walkera 4#3 had the same connector but it didn't After about 15 charges the AAA batt died.
Tried to find a 6V adaptor but the one I had was nog stabilized and Almost thought I blew up my charger DMM gaved met 18Volts without load.
Centerhole was a bit bigger so probably I even didn't make contact with it.

Now it had rechargeable batteries. in it and I think it works.
TurboCinqy is offline Find More Posts by TurboCinqy
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:05 AM
Joined Apr 2011
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoide View Post

Thanks
I don't think a cp heli can be compared to a quad. The quad is wayyy more stable. The only thing it may help prepare you for is orientation. However, the nano is probably the best and most crash resistant cp if you are just starting out.
MrRcAddict is offline Find More Posts by MrRcAddict
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:19 AM
Don't tell me, I overdid it.
Joined Oct 2010
38 Posts
Man this thing is maybe a bit too awesome. It's definitely letting me get sloppy.

Tonight I had quite a few sessions of going crazy trying to even out the thrust by adjusting my pitch trim and then going nuts further by adjusting my pitch travel.

Much later, I finally noticed that I had broken the swash and the right arm was just hanging by a couple of strands of plastic. Still flew, upright/inverted, pitch pumps etc. until I noticed and replaced.

Just a reminder to check your stuff.
Number1BSArtist is offline Find More Posts by Number1BSArtist
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:15 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,698 Posts
Last time I emailed HH about a bad motor for my MQX they told me that there is no warranty on little brushed motors, so I ordered V929 motors to replace it with. They are cheap, well, not the Blade ones.

Anyway, I HAVE A QUESTION, I have my Nano ordered but need a charge cable. What kind of battery does this take? I have multi charge cable for 1 3.7 mini eflight connector like used in the UMX 1S planes. Does this use a different connector? Is this what I need?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18867

It says for Mcpx but I always thought mcpx uses same tiny 1S connector as on UMX planes
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:36 AM
United States, OK, Ada
Joined Jun 2007
531 Posts
The mcpx connector looks the same, but its just a little bigger than the ones for 1S UMX planes.......
rcflyair is offline Find More Posts by rcflyair
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:46 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,698 Posts
OK, I how about the nano connector, same as mcpx? have charge cords for the tiny umx planes AND the above one on order.

Thanks for the info!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Last edited by shahram72; Oct 14, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:49 AM
United States, OK, Ada
Joined Jun 2007
531 Posts
Ooops sorry. The nano cpx uses the smaller connector just like on the smaller one on UMX planes and the msrx...
rcflyair is offline Find More Posts by rcflyair
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:34 AM
Joined Mar 2007
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Last time I emailed HH about a bad motor for my MQX they told me that there is no warranty on little brushed motors, so I ordered V929 motors to replace it with. They are cheap, well, not the Blade ones.

Anyway, I HAVE A QUESTION, I have my Nano ordered but need a charge cable. What kind of battery does this take? I have multi charge cable for 1 3.7 mini eflight connector like used in the UMX 1S planes. Does this use a different connector? Is this what I need?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18867

It says for Mcpx but I always thought mcpx uses same tiny 1S connector as on UMX planes
I got one of these and really like it. It will do ncpx and mcpx batteries.
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=347
dway is offline Find More Posts by dway
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:50 AM
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,243 Posts
Not sure if you can use this but here is the charge lead I made so that I could use my normal Lipo charger. All I did was simply open up the stock charger that comes with the Nano and remove the connector by clipping the wires at the board and soldering a deans ultra plug to the other end, really easy, the only down side is that I can't charge multiple packs at once but hey it's far better then the stock charger.
JLink125 is online now Find More Posts by JLink125