HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:11 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Your local hobby shop carries lb props? Wow I wish. Mine doesn't carry anything walkera.

I just be happy if they carried the Horizon Hobby parts that I needed most of the time.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:47 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Your local hobby shop carries lb props? Wow I wish. Mine doesn't carry anything walkera.
I just be happy if they carried the Horizon Hobby parts that I needed most of the time.
OK, I need to correct. I can get them in german online stores at a fair price in 1-2 days ;-)
http://www.trade4me.de/Walkera/QR-La...00_170622.html
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:03 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
I couldn't check the X100 props as BG sent me 3+1 instead of 2+2 :-(
The second thing I like with the LB props is that they are elastic. I haven't had any broken LB propbs only bent which I could re-bend. They are very robust.
The third thing,: you can get them at your LHS (and they are not too expensive...OK getting a 3pack at BG is much cheaper, but takes longer)
I broke 2 v939 stock props on my first flights.They are too stiff.
Yes, I found the stiffness of U816 and MJX X100 props tends to make them more prone to break on impact (TBF: indoors rather than outside, where furniture is harder than grass ). LBs are the bendiest and with their pretty good lift may just be the best all-round props, if not quite the liftiest

You could probably assume that given the initial price of the v1 LB, that Walkera would have spend quite a lot more in R&D on them compared to the clone makers, so not totally unexpected.
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:19 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
OK, I was confused as I don't have an LB and now see they have LEDs built in (like my X100, but not my U816). The first 30 seconds is just two Ladybirds sitting there, then they swap positions and the one that was on the right, is now on the left and is now flashing at the front only.

In the second video, do the standard LED's really not show up at all? Or did you disconnect them to show the flashing ones more clearly?

Some notes with the videos might make it clearer.
In 1st video my fw 1.0 Ladybird has independant plugs for the LED flashers and the boom LEDs, I plugged the flashers in for the 2nd half of the video to show both being lit-up.
The 2nd video I unplugged the boom LEDs to see if it was possible to fly at night with only the flashy LEDs lit-up. I crashed a couple of times in that video, so consensus is... it's easier to orient at night with the boom LEDs lit-up too.
As in this video.....
Ladybird fw1 0 night flight (4 min 9 sec)

This video has both boom and flasher LEDs lit-up, and it is easier for me to orient the quad during night flights with both on.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:39 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
Yes, I found the stiffness of U816 and MJX X100 props tends to make them more prone to break on impact (TBF: indoors rather than outside, where furniture is harder than grass ). LBs are the bendiest and with their pretty good lift may just be the best all-round props, if not quite the liftiest

You could probably assume that given the initial price of the v1 LB, that Walkera would have spend quite a lot more in R&D on them compared to the clone makers, so not totally unexpected.
I've just ordered a pack of 3 MJX X100 props at BG. Hopefully I'll get each pack as 2+2 this time :-)
Then I will compare them with the LB props regarding lifting power and general speed
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:27 AM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
u816 props are the best and for a very good reason.

I can get them CHEAP !!!!
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:49 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post

...but cheap isn't always the best. They are OK, I use them too, but the LB have more lifting power. I'm waiting to check the x100 props.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:22 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
N,
Where are you getting them? Are you using any glue to hold them on? I They never stayed on my U816 very well. However with all my micro props I now use a pin and put a tiny bit of Elmers glue in the hole before I press the prop on the motor and that seems to work well.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:39 AM
United States, KY, Owensboro
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Hey guys. I just received my v929, and how do you know when the battery is charged with the stock charger. I plugged it in the first time, and the red light stays on.

Thanks
SlyKYFox is offline Find More Posts by SlyKYFox
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:51 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
S,
The LED turns green when it is fully charged.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyKYFox View Post
Hey guys. I just received my v929, and how do you know when the battery is charged with the stock charger. I plugged it in the first time, and the red light stays on.

Thanks
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:00 AM
United States, KY, Owensboro
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Thanks Jim

Now I need to find a good charger and the right connectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
S,
The LED turns green when it is fully charged.
Cheers,
Jim
SlyKYFox is offline Find More Posts by SlyKYFox
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:21 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
vpsporb, awesome video of the lights! I'm wanting to do some lighting on my ladybird.

Hey, if you wouldn't mind clearing out your PM box so I can shoot you a PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:49 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jun 2010
58 Posts
Have you guys seen this new Kickstarter?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nanoqtm-copter

What do you think? I am awfully worried about the props as they definitely will hit the ground.
jessecuster is offline Find More Posts by jessecuster
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:59 AM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
my red lights simply turn off when its charged (LB an du816)

they might have more lifting power (lb props) but the u816 lifts the 808 cam just fine so its good enough for me :-)

not really interested in stunt flying (I lack the eyes for it) just a cam platform.
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:35 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessecuster View Post
Have you guys seen this new Kickstarter?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nanoqtm-copter

What do you think? I am awfully worried about the props as they definitely will hit the ground.
Very interesting concept. That definitely could be a lot of fun. Hope they'll get the support to see this happen. Definitely looks like they got a long way to go though with getting more supporters.