HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:49 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Nov 2011
62 Posts
I love my FPV quad, I use FW 5.14 since few week it is perfect with my plateform

FPV vidéo with Gopro HD1 , the DJI OSD is perfect too.

Mon Film 6 1 enhanced (3 min 4 sec)
Florentf31 is offline Find More Posts by Florentf31
Last edited by Florentf31; Nov 03, 2012 at 09:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:01 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Feb 2011
76 Posts
Seems to be a problem only with heavy multicopters and firmware 5.14. Motor stopped without reasons.
pokmon is offline Find More Posts by pokmon
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:48 AM
Romania
Joined Mar 2010
83 Posts
wookong flight test
frame - 800mm hexa plus
firmware - 5.06
camera mount - av130 only roll stabilized
camera -sony cx730.

test nou (7 min 8 sec)
worms is offline Find More Posts by worms
Last edited by worms; Nov 03, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:40 PM
Private Pilot
United States, CA, San Luis Obispo
Joined Jul 2009
1,243 Posts
Did anyone ever come to a conclusion what could cause someone to have multiple flights without issue, then one random flight be hovering in atti and it starts drifting for maybe 1 second then drifts even more extreme to the point it would crash if you dont flip to manual and fly it on your own? I was flying tonight from probably 400-500 yards away or more, over a river, filming a bridge. Start at one end and go the entire length of it and the multi was definitely at its max distance of being able to see it and was still tough to see. Multiple good flights then one of the night flights it did the dive and it was so far away and dark I couldnt see its orientation...long story short it was the scariest 3 minutes of my life and I need to figure out what is up with my wkm or wkm in general if anyone else has had this issue. Ill upload the footage the 5dmarkiii got during the ordeal when i get home from this shoot.
Twister773 is online now Find More Posts by Twister773
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:21 AM
L´Amposti
Amposta (Spain)
Joined Feb 2006
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister773 View Post
Did anyone ever come to a conclusion what could cause someone to have multiple flights without issue, then one random flight be hovering in atti and it starts drifting for maybe 1 second then drifts even more extreme to the point it would crash if you dont flip to manual and fly it on your own? I was flying tonight from probably 400-500 yards away or more, over a river, filming a bridge. Start at one end and go the entire length of it and the multi was definitely at its max distance of being able to see it and was still tough to see. Multiple good flights then one of the night flights it did the dive and it was so far away and dark I couldnt see its orientation...long story short it was the scariest 3 minutes of my life and I need to figure out what is up with my wkm or wkm in general if anyone else has had this issue. Ill upload the footage the 5dmarkiii got during the ordeal when i get home from this shoot.
I spend the same, hover without control and translation, 500m crashed into a tree.
Consult Dji (Ophelia) and got no solution.
With how expensive it is, might be safer.
Continuous Testing before hanging 7D
CONCEP60 is offline Find More Posts by CONCEP60
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:08 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Feb 2011
76 Posts
Twister773 & CONCEP60

Which firmware version have on your multicopters?
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:27 AM
L´Amposti
Amposta (Spain)
Joined Feb 2006
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokmon View Post
Twister773 & CONCEP60

Which firmware version have on your multicopters?
Crash day V1.30, today V1.40
CONCEP60 is offline Find More Posts by CONCEP60
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:07 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Feb 2011
76 Posts
DJI wake up!!!
We aren't paid for test pilots.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:07 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Dji products is s ticking time bomb. Stay away
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:22 AM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister773 View Post
Atti mode does not stop drift. It keeps the craft level and at a certain altitude within a meter or so. You still need to give stick input to keep it in place.

On a couple of occasions I have had my quad dive off to the right and down. That was due to a low lipo.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:06 AM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STASID View Post
I found this and it's works !!

"hi

i have the same problem. many email between me and dji. maybe, we found the solution:
Pls try install the plugin from CD again then
1) Open file: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
2) remove all entries from the file containing "google.com." Then save the file. Leave all the other entries the way they are
3) Then open a command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns"
4) Close the command prompt after the DNS resolver cache flushes successfully and Google Earth should work fine.

i hope, this work by you."
Thanks for the tip I have tried this but it always says access denied? what program do you use to edit it? I tried notebook and dreamweaver but both will not allow me to save the file after the edit, any ideas?
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:09 AM
Florence, IT
Joined Oct 2006
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1 View Post
Thanks for the tip I have tried this but it always says access denied? what program do you use to edit it? I tried notebook and dreamweaver but both will not allow me to save the file after the edit, any ideas?
disable antivirus, run command prompt in administrator mode
marchino65 is online now Find More Posts by marchino65
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:10 AM
Private Pilot
United States, CA, San Luis Obispo
Joined Jul 2009
1,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC View Post
Atti mode does not stop drift. It keeps the craft level and at a certain altitude within a meter or so. You still need to give stick input to keep it in place.

On a couple of occasions I have had my quad dive off to the right and down. That was due to a low lipo.
I am well aware of this. It dived so hard the booms where facing straight down at one point. Mine has done this on the last two firmwares. The one that crashed octos using traditional rx and the newest one. I think my dji wkm will be up for sale soon. It's just not worth the risk. Also when it drifts and starts its hard tilt in whatever direction full stick input the other way is not enough to stop it and really doesn't help at all. My batteries where fully charged it happened 2 minutes into flight. You will be in shock when you see the video.
Twister773 is online now Find More Posts by Twister773
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:18 AM
What goes around comes around.
Joined May 2011
440 Posts
Twister have you had your MC replaced? & are you flying on the old "safe" gps unit?
squigg is offline Find More Posts by squigg
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:48 AM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CONCEP60 View Post
I spend the same, hover without control and translation, 500m crashed into a tree.
Consult Dji (Ophelia) and got no solution.
With how expensive it is, might be safer.
Continuous Testing before hanging 7D
Yes I have Contacted DJI about a month ago with mine that if I install 5.14 I get all white flashes then purple or yellow ( no red any more) as soon as I power up.
white white purple and never locks. Constant white flashes if I fly it.
Never locks GPS
No resolution.

On 5.12a I get the normal red red purple, then locks,,,,or red red yellow., then constant yellow. Flies fine so I stay here but!!!
Sure would be nice to hear from them
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip