SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Oct 2006
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceHaworth View Post
There were no LCD screens on a 70's Tx, or USB sockets, model memory, digital trims, telemetry, hall effect stick pots, etc.
He wrote about the *design* not the specs.
peter.stegemann is offline Find More Posts by peter.stegemann
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,046 Posts
Since some flying lessons in a real plane I got to love ergonomics. Sometimes, design and ergonomics are to different pair of shoes. I was quite surprised to see pics of the new Jeti tranny. In the 70s the old boxed design had it's advantages (cheap manufacturing process). Now, despite all the new useful features like USB, display and digital trims, I am not sure about the place of the old retro look. But as I said, a lot of people are gonna love it.
Pippin is offline Find More Posts by Pippin
Old Jan 07, 2012, 10:37 PM
Make UAVs, not drones! ;-)
Vancouver, BC Canada...eh!
Joined Feb 2010
643 Posts
This looks like a Macbook Pro style of construction. Very impressive work. It's nice to see a radio that doesn't look like a 14 year old's boom box.
jazzboy is offline Find More Posts by jazzboy
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:24 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
The radio looks retro.
Not exactly retro. I would say it is modern European style design like Bang & Olufsen. http://www.bang-olufsen.com/

High quality craftmansip (with more than equally high price tag) with least cluttered appearance compared to the molded plastic Transformers lookalikes aka JR11 and the majority of the radios today.
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:14 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,905 Posts
Wow, looks like the absence of real products from Jeti has turned this thread into a bit of a troll fest... Having said that I agree some of what's been posted - the styling certainly seems to be a bit "Marmite"!

Personally I am really excited in these radios, late and expensive as they are - right now I've held off going 2.4 because I didn't want to jump to the wrong technology from my 35MHz Evo, learn a new programming logic and then find I'd made a mistake when 2nd or 3rd gen 2.4 gear emerged. If the programming logic is as flexible as Multiplex's (unfortunately not possible to tell from that video) I would definitely be prepared to pay the premium for the TX - Jeti RXs are significantly cheaper here than for many of the big name competitors, making the total cost no more. Anyway, it seems to me that investing in your TX is money well spent - it's the only piece of kit you use every single time you go flying after all, and reliability is paramount. Time to drop a line to the UK distributors methinks...
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: EFX Racer
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Oct 2006
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
Wow, looks like the absence of real products from Jeti has turned this thread into a bit of a troll fest...
Could be worse. E.g. if I start complaining that the Jeti Box Profi I've been waiting for seems to be a lame duck. At least for the Vario audio output I've been desperately waiting for.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:23 AM
Berlin, Germany
Joined Mar 2002
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
Wow, looks like the absence of real products from Jeti has turned this thread into a bit of a troll fest... Having said that I agree some of what's been posted - the styling certainly seems to be a bit "Marmite"!

Personally I am really excited in these radios, late and expensive as they are - right now I've held off going 2.4 because I didn't want to jump to the wrong technology from my 35MHz Evo, learn a new programming logic and then find I'd made a mistake when 2nd or 3rd gen 2.4 gear emerged. If the programming logic is as flexible as Multiplex's (unfortunately not possible to tell from that video) I would definitely be prepared to pay the premium for the TX - Jeti RXs are significantly cheaper here than for many of the big name competitors, making the total cost no more. Anyway, it seems to me that investing in your TX is money well spent - it's the only piece of kit you use every single time you go flying after all, and reliability is paramount. Time to drop a line to the UK distributors methinks...
How about this one: https://www.facebook.com/MultiplexModellsport?sk=wall

The new Multiplex top range radio will be shown during the Nürnberg Fair in 10 days. it looks like the logic could be the same or similar as this of the Royal
Viktor is offline Find More Posts by Viktor
Old Jan 24, 2012, 07:08 AM
Taranis Tyro...
Joined Jan 2004
3,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
How about this one: https://www.facebook.com/MultiplexModellsport?sk=wall

The new Multiplex top range radio will be shown during the Nürnberg Fair in 10 days. it looks like the logic could be the same or similar as this of the Royal
Yeah, that certainly looks very interesting, but there's two problems for me unfortunately:

1) The high cost of MPX telemetry receivers, and;
2) The fact it's almost certain to be a large tray style TX (I fly DLG and that type of TX is somewhat difficult to use whilst twirling and hurling!)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2012, 09:57 AM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter.stegemann View Post
Could be worse. E.g. if I start complaining that the Jeti Box Profi I've been waiting for seems to be a lame duck. At least for the Vario audio output I've been desperately waiting for.
Can you elaborate on this? What did you want the profibox to do and where is it lacking? For me, the voice output would need to mimmick that of the picolario. Any less information and it's going to be a waste of time and money.

Mike
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:48 PM
Joined Oct 2006
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Seale View Post
Can you elaborate on this? What did you want the profibox to do and where is it lacking? For me, the voice output would need to mimmick that of the picolario. Any less information and it's going to be a waste of time and money.
That's exactly what I want it to do: Behave like a picolario. But according to the thread mentioned below (it's in german, sorry), the vario implementation of the Jeti Profi Box is exactly the same as with the old box - useless morse codes:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/archi.../t-304118.html

I'd be happy if someone would prove that I'm wrong...
Old Jan 25, 2012, 04:46 PM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,067 Posts
Thanks, Peter. At least I can save my money and not bother with the profibox.

Mike
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:11 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Joined Jan 2004
3,905 Posts
Spoke to the UK distributor on Friday; when I asked for UK pricing info they asked me what i'd heard on the forums! Apparently Jeti RXs and other kit have just shot up in price too, which isn't going to make this Tx an easy sell. Still, they did at least confirm they were expecting stock in February. Fingers crossed on all fronts!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2012, 08:55 AM
Czech Republic, Hlavní město Praha, Prague
Joined Jul 2004
1,508 Posts
DS-16 new version 2012

This is just a computer generated design study made by Joshua who is responsible for design of the Jeti's new TX. In my opinion this is the way to go ... much better than previous version IMHO.

BTW: The price at Hacker.de is valid. Price of the DS-16 will be comparable with price of the DC-16. There will be sticks with built in switches available as an accessory for the DC-16. Cheaper and less capable version of these TXs will follow but no ETA at the moment.

Martin
PiNa is offline Find More Posts by PiNa
Last edited by PiNa; Feb 01, 2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 09:50 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,958 Posts
The new MPX Profi TX will make them think triple before posting a price, imo...
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Feb 02, 2012, 02:38 PM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
Does anyone know how the new Jeti Tx connects to a sim?
VinceHaworth is offline Find More Posts by VinceHaworth