HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:22 PM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
You could also connect your rudder servo to the "Ail Out" on the OSD for rudder only turns. You'll definitely need to have rudder steering for RTH to work.
In my opinion, this is the way to go.
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Jan 2008
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
In my opinion, this is the way to go.
But then no stabilization ? Or a bad one...
sancho28 is offline Find More Posts by sancho28
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:10 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Ok, so do I just use a Y harness from the aileron out port on the OSD meaning I have no separate rudder in normal flight? This does not bother me as I never use rudder only anyway.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:16 PM
Moderately Dangerous
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
1,057 Posts
That's what I've done. You can adjust the position of the rods on the control horns to get the ratio of rudder and aileron where you like it.
TwoHeadsBrewing is offline Find More Posts by TwoHeadsBrewing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UHF / 1.3ghz Relay Stations
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:18 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Thanks mate, I'll just go 1:1 as its a pretty good result with that as I'm close to about 75% mix already.

Cheers,

TS.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:22 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Anyone know how to get RSSI out of a D8R-II plus FrSky rx so I can connect it to the Osd Pro?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Oct 2011
56 Posts
Fuel Monitoring Device

Hi Bill:

I was wondering if you have entertained having a fuel monitoring probe to be mounted in a fuel tank and send data back to the Flight Data Recorder? The captured for fuel level readings can then be fed back to the FDR for it to be displayed in the OSD.

Also, any ideas on when the Guardian will be compatible with the FDR? The 2D/3D Stabilization concept is a great device, however it still isn't the same as the Guardian.

This would be a wonderful add on for all those flying glow/nitro or jet engines.

Thanks.
captward is offline Find More Posts by captward
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:06 PM
Creteil, France
Joined Nov 2003
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Anyone know how to get RSSI out of a D8R-II plus FrSky rx so I can connect it to the Osd Pro?
You might be better posting into this thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...923419&page=23

Oops, just noticed that you did already! sorry for that
vpersiani is offline Find More Posts by vpersiani
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:41 PM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Apr 2009
45 Posts
Question...
I have up to 8-9 satellites locked on the GPS(min. set to 8), and the HDDP at 1.3 on my OSD PRO. The compass keeps drifting in both directions, and the altitude keeps changing....Any Idea's?

Thanks,
Anthony
abreimeris is offline Find More Posts by abreimeris
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:58 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Nice Flight yesterday

FPV over Great Salt Lake (4 min 41 sec)
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Jan 2008
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Great video. Even greater song
sancho28 is offline Find More Posts by sancho28
Last edited by sancho28; Mar 22, 2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:25 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sancho28 View Post
Great video. Even greater song
To heck with that Monitization "crap", we want Willie!!!

Thanks sancho
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:57 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,971 Posts
Having an issue with my OSD, i have it set for Elevon for my Zephyr II, seems to work OK (surfaces move in the correct directions) but when i go to simulator and select Funjet like the manual says (for elevon) the inputs i put in don't work. In other words the simulator model just flys straight. The model surfaces move but the simulator doesn't respond. But...when i put it on Easystar everything works fine. Why is that? The RTH works in easystar but not in Funjet.

Issue 2: My Eagle Eyes ground station keeps beeping at me and the telemetry light is out but i'm clearing receiving telemetry because i see it on the screen. I've updated everything to the latest software, any ideas whats wrong?

Oh and i have the Guardian stabilizer hook up as well. Which is working properly. I don't want to fly until i know everything is working properly. Thanks

Kyle
gromitvt10 is online now Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:06 PM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Holy Toledo batman!

M.Beeson, you need to get on google images and type in "Mark Brandon "chopper" Reid" he's a well known Australian.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:12 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,390 Posts
It is a bug.

Bill is aware of it, and I suspect it will be fixed eventually, but he has his hands full with the guardian, and fixing minor performance related bugs, and on the Eagle Link Project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromitvt10 View Post
Having an issue with my OSD, i have it set for Elevon for my Zephyr II, seems to work OK (surfaces move in the correct directions) but when i go to simulator and select Funjet like the manual says (for elevon) the inputs i put in don't work. In other words the simulator model just flys straight. The model surfaces move but the simulator doesn't respond. But...when i put it on Easystar everything works fine. Why is that? The RTH works in easystar but not in Funjet.

Issue 2: My Eagle Eyes ground station keeps beeping at me and the telemetry light is out but i'm clearing receiving telemetry because i see it on the screen. I've updated everything to the latest software, any ideas whats wrong?

Oh and i have the Guardian stabilizer hook up as well. Which is working properly. I don't want to fly until i know everything is working properly. Thanks

Kyle