SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 31, 2005, 08:23 PM
Registered Boozer
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Sep 2003
1,768 Posts
Discussion
Angle of incidence question? - Long EZ Build

I'm almost done with my Raidentech Long EZ build. All I have left is to glue the wings to the wing roots and affix the decals.

In the very limited instructions it is stated that you MUST get the angle of incidence for each wing to match. Any suggestions on the best method for achieving this?

-Ralph-
Ralph_D is offline Find More Posts by Ralph_D
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2005, 09:48 PM
Boynton Beach, FL
Joined Jul 2005
402 Posts
THAT.......looks really good.
gotime242 is offline Find More Posts by gotime242
Old Jan 01, 2006, 12:20 AM
Crossville, TN
Joined Dec 2004
2,907 Posts
Prop up the fuselage and use two identical spirit levels placed at the same exact location on each wing,shimmed as needed.Double check with a Robart Incidence Meter,if available.
Art Schmitz is offline Find More Posts by Art Schmitz
Old Jan 01, 2006, 01:29 AM
Tenino WA.
Joined May 2004
1,195 Posts
Rlaph what are u going to power that with ???
CRASHED AGAIN is offline Find More Posts by CRASHED AGAIN
Old Jan 01, 2006, 01:53 AM
Registered Boozer
Joined Sep 2003
1,768 Posts
Gotime242, thanks for the compliment! I hope if flys half as good as it looks.

Art, thanks for the info, I have a level, I don't have the Robart meter. Is there any quick and dirty method that's not reliant on equipment I probably don't have

Carshed Again , I'm going to use a HET-RC - Typhoon EDF 4W . I've been told this motor is similar to a mega 16/15/4 in amp draw and power. It'll be turning an APC 7x4 prop and I'll be using a Thunder Power 3 cell 2100 prolite pack. With this setup I'm pulling 25 amps at full throttle when the model is held so I figure in the air that'll come down a bit. It does want to pull out of my hand so I'm thinking I won't be short on power. Do you have experience with this model?

-Ralph-
...Happy New Year!!
Last edited by Ralph_D; Jan 01, 2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2006, 12:25 PM
Tenino WA.
Joined May 2004
1,195 Posts
Ralph nope no experance with this model, but you sure have me interested in it.. Will be watching to see how it flys with that power plant.. keep us informed, Plane looks great
CRASHED AGAIN is offline Find More Posts by CRASHED AGAIN
Old Jan 01, 2006, 04:09 PM
Crossville, TN
Joined Dec 2004
2,907 Posts
Ralph,the plastic spirit levels that I use are about a dollar each at a hardware store.They have a hook on the top of each end that lets them hang from a tightly stretched string.The end caps are hexagon in shape,which allows them to rest flat on a slightly curved surface.
Andy Lennon's book on 'R/C Model AIRPLANE DESIGN' has a chapter on CANARD AND TANDEM WING DESIGN that is very informative.HTH. art
Art Schmitz is offline Find More Posts by Art Schmitz
Old Jan 01, 2006, 07:40 PM
Registered Boozer
Joined Sep 2003
1,768 Posts
I took some measurments and used my levels and in the end eyeballed the distance between the canard and main wing to make sure it all lined up equally.

If you look at the pic below what I did was stand in front of the plane and look directly down the nose, I then eyeballed the distances in the circled area and made sure they were equal...same way I line up the horizontal stab to the main wing on a regular plane.

-Ralph-