SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 25, 2001, 01:46 PM
Joined Dec 2001
1 Posts
charger?

I am new to electric flight, but have flown gas models for four years. I just recieved a lite stik and the GWS flight pack. I need to order a crystal for the reciever and a charger (I think). I'd also like to order a 7 cell Nimh battery for better performance and flight time.

My question is this: can I slow charge the Nicd and Nimh batteries with the charger I already have for 4.8v receiver batteries (I don't think I can, but want to make sure), and if not what is a good, inexpensive charger and where is the best place to get it. I don't want to spend a lot of money, as this is probably the only electric plane I'll have for awhile.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
BAE84 is offline Find More Posts by BAE84
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2001, 02:51 PM
Joined Nov 2001
62 Posts
Well I can be of some assistance. the 4.8 volt charger will not work because its... 4.8 volts and the flight packs are 7.2 and up. you could use any charger that charges above the flight pack voltage and 1/10 the battery capacity if you watched it carefully and didn't overcharge to much.
mism42 is offline Find More Posts by mism42
Old Dec 25, 2001, 02:57 PM
Tree Trimmer
Warren TWP NJ
Joined May 2001
381 Posts
Welcome
The charger I use Is from Dymond Model sports Model#20140 which goes for 30 bucks and I have been happy with it. Ive picked up 300 mah Nimh cells from www.radicalrc.com at very good prices and they are excellent batteries. you can pick up a chrystal http://www.balsapr.com/ for a very good price.
good luck
Ray
rays89 is offline Find More Posts by rays89
Old Dec 25, 2001, 03:34 PM
Almost a Pilot
NorCal
Joined Oct 2001
3,759 Posts
BAE84:
You can get the crystal you need from Gerald at the site below for $10.00 SHIPPED - cheaper than anyone else.
He's also a GREAT guy to deal with and carries a lot of cool stuff.
He has a good deal on a charger also. Check out his site and email him with any questions. He's a regular on these forums.
http://www.officeshops.com/mico_receiver.htm
Mauilvr is offline Find More Posts by Mauilvr
Last edited by Mauilvr; Dec 25, 2001 at 03:37 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2001, 07:35 PM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
Good replies, all. Also, www.toddsmodels.com carries most all the GWS stuff, and the Jeti mini-peak charger, I use...
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond