SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:25 AM
Joined Aug 2012
9 Posts
Discussion
HK Radjet 800 problems

Hi guys - not sure I am posting in the right place, so apologies if Im not. I didnt want to hikacj someone elses post either, hence the new one.

I have the radjet 800, but its never managed to get more than 10 metres. Im running stock setup, no expo on ail / elev. Turnigy 1300 3s battery. I launch at full throttle full up elevator and it barely maintains level flight. Prop spins right way and I have tried turning it around. I bench tested it last night and its pulling just over 13amps with stock prop, is that right ?

I just do not know what to try, I have moved battery back as per other posts in here and COG is similar to others who manage to fly it...

Can anybody help ?
Thanks
sp00ky is offline Find More Posts by sp00ky
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:30 AM
Joined Dec 2012
6 Posts
Ok providing the prop is on the right way around it should fly. Those amps sound about right to me. With mine I launched full throttle, give it a nice hard level throw and you should not need any elevator I would guess full up elevator is just stalling it out. My cg is just at the front of finger holes. Hope that helps
Shake n Bake is offline Find More Posts by Shake n Bake
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:31 AM
Joined Aug 2012
9 Posts
Hi - Yes mine is about 5mm to the front of those. Is COG particularly important on a pusher ?

The plane doesnt stall as such, but just will not lift. Servo horns are on second hole form the lowermost for the rod to attach to.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:05 PM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,890 Posts
Got a picture of the motor/prop you can post?
Gohmer is offline Find More Posts by Gohmer
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:30 PM
Joined Aug 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohmer View Post
Got a picture of the motor/prop you can post?
Hi Yep sorry, couldnt find the cable !!

Name: P1110001.jpg
Views: 114
Size: 179.7 KB
Description:
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:44 PM
Joined Aug 2012
102 Posts
lol,,,if thats the front then your sweet!
mice1m is offline Find More Posts by mice1m
Last edited by mice1m; Jan 11, 2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:50 PM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,890 Posts
Prop's on backwards.
Gohmer is offline Find More Posts by Gohmer
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:53 PM
3d Master in Training
United States, PA, Tunkhannock
Joined Dec 2011
744 Posts
Mine flew good for about 20 packs till the elevon came detached and caused it to come in at full power uncontrollably into some trees. The foam hinges are junk
garrettt04s is offline Find More Posts by garrettt04s
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:40 AM
Joined Aug 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mice1m View Post
lol,,,if thats the front then your sweet!
Hey - OK will change that around, but I have flown it both ways
Might try launching backwards hehe
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:23 AM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00ky View Post
Hi - Yes mine is about 5mm to the front of those. Is COG particularly important on a pusher ?

The plane doesnt stall as such, but just will not lift. Servo horns are on second hole form the lowermost for the rod to attach to.
Yes CG is sooooo important. I'd say that you need to get yours farther back! Once you do that you shouldn't have any more issues!

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: WASP 280 Mini Quad
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:06 AM
Joined Aug 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Yes CG is sooooo important. I'd say that you need to get yours farther back! Once you do that you shouldn't have any more issues!

Dan
Dan - Its as far back as it will go without cutting foam out, do you normally have to cut the foam out of them ?

Flew it for the first time this weekend, first flight went really well, but not much elevator, so changed it to 125 % throw and think I bust a servo. It suddenly got stuck in a WTO left hand spin, which didnt end nicely.

Stuck her all back together, but might order another one, as its fairly well busted

Thanks for all your help guys
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:15 AM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00ky View Post
Dan - Its as far back as it will go without cutting foam out, do you normally have to cut the foam out of them ?

Flew it for the first time this weekend, first flight went really well, but not much elevator, so changed it to 125 % throw and think I bust a servo. It suddenly got stuck in a WTO left hand spin, which didnt end nicely.

Stuck her all back together, but might order another one, as its fairly well busted

Thanks for all your help guys
Maybe one my my servos got stuck... I was on 125% too, hmmm that's what it could've been in my video. And yes I had to cut quite a bit of foam out of the back of the fuselage to get the CG right, even with a few coins on the back! Oh well, it flies nicely though

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: WASP 280 Mini Quad
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:31 AM
Joined Aug 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Maybe one my my servos got stuck... I was on 125% too, hmmm that's what it could've been in my video. And yes I had to cut quite a bit of foam out of the back of the fuselage to get the CG right, even with a few coins on the back! Oh well, it flies nicely though

Dan
Bit tricky as moving the rod down the servo horn moves it nearer the foam and is more likely to catch....

I think thats what it is, I will test it tonight and see how close it is to the wing when on full elevator.

OK - I will push the battery a little more to the rear, it looks simple enough but as mine was pre assembled its hard to get into that part of the fuse.
Old Dec 05, 2013, 12:12 PM
United States, VA, Vienna
Joined Jun 2013
85 Posts
I have indeed had to cut foam, and push 1300mah batteries pretty far in to get CG good. even still it feels nose heavy.

takeoff almost certainly requires WOT and lots of up elevator.
wga22 is offline Find More Posts by wga22
Old Dec 30, 2013, 01:45 PM
Addicted to RC aircraft
United States, PA, Hazleton
Joined Jul 2002
380 Posts
RE check everything I have been flying my Radjet two seasons bonestock and love it great plane, fast too.

edwinkania is offline Find More Posts by edwinkania