SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:13 PM
It flies or it dies
Deville, Louisiana
Joined Sep 2008
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfaulguy View Post
They look neat, but kinda hard to stomach when you figure for $9 more, you can buy a Hobbyzone Champ with rudder and flys untethered, full 3 channel proportional...
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/champ-rtf-HBZ4900
Hmmmm ... You're not getting the picture here. This is a new kind of flying for UC flyers. I've sort of come up with the same thing by converting one of my gas UC planes to electric. The plane flys great. I have a boat TX that I hold with my left hand for throttle. The main difference here is you stand outside of the circle rather than in the circle and getting dizzy. While my idea is very cool for CL modlers the Flyline is a couple of steps beyond that.

I can fully understand where you're coming from but, again, this is a newer, better, CL flying model. And it comes with the stand for the full set plus TX. It's fully RTF. You can get the expansion kit which comes sans the center stand. Nice thing is you can put at least 4 planes on the tether without overturning it while you're flying. And 4 planes in the circle is like a circus while flying. And flying by yourself is a blast too.

Russ
Russ The Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Russ The Flyer
Last edited by Russ The Flyer; Dec 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: None
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:51 PM
It flies or it dies
Deville, Louisiana
Joined Sep 2008
835 Posts
Flyline Racers

Sorry I haven't responded lately. I'm just about finished building my hobby shop. Then I have to move all my junk out of the bedroom outdoors to the shop. Then I have to organize everything. A royal pain in the butt but worth it. My wife gets the bedroom back and I get a huge 2 room hobby shop. Can't beat that one.

Here are some things that need to be done with this airplane to make it perform better:

1. Add 3/4 inch in length to the inboard wing. Makes the plane want to put all the weight on the outboard wing so the plane won't want to slop around during flight.

2. Reverse the motors. Put a reverse prop on it. This will keep the line taut at all times.

3. Pe-test for the COG. I think these planes are nose heavy. When they stop they come down nose first unless you're real close to the ground in the first place.

At this point that's all the info I can give you about it. I would get a reverse prop but I don't know how I would apply the snap on button ... yet.

Russ
Russ The Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Russ The Flyer
Old Oct 27, 2013, 05:08 PM
Registered Plane Abuser
Illinois
Joined Jul 2005
221 Posts
I know this thread is 8 months old but I finally decided to share my favorite toy. I had a dareplane stunter when I was a kid and have not seen anything like it since, other than Flyline racers which really aren't that old. Anyway, I decided to make one for myself about 8 years ago. However, my goal was to make it 3D. It'll do just about anything I tell it to do within reason. Loops, flys inverted, hovers, Harriers, wing overs, harrier knife edge and torque roll. Yes, I said torque roll. Unlike conventional CL wire tension is not needed. You also don't need batteries or radios. Just PNF, Plug it into the wall and Fly for as long as you can keep it in the air. Here's a few vids.
Loop (0 min 10 sec)

Variety (0 min 34 sec)

Hover (0 min 38 sec)

TorqueRoll3 (0 min 11 sec)

I have a lot more video on my youtube channel if anyone is interested.
DonJuan is offline Find More Posts by DonJuan