HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:31 AM
Registered User
Kevin_JaxFl's Avatar
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2013
170 Posts
It does not include the wheel..
Kevin_JaxFl is offline Find More Posts by Kevin_JaxFl
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:54 AM
Exodus 4:13
bhoov128's Avatar
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,768 Posts
Thanks
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2014, 02:05 PM
RC Keeps Me Sane
DanBo3D's Avatar
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
I found it at my local hobby shop website, but it looks like it doesn't include the actual wheel, can you confirm that?
The specs I've read said it was ready to accept the wheel of your choice.
Because of the different size planes it fits the wheel size is your pick.
DanBo3D is offline Find More Posts by DanBo3D
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM
If it flies, I probably have 1
United Kingdom, Fauldhouse
Joined Mar 2014
1,525 Posts
Hi there,

i have just bought the Hobbyking version of this Edge 540t and was wondering what dual rates you guys normally run for the low rate - on low rate i would like it to be pretty much a sport plane with gentle aerobatics and on high rates, full on 3d setting

also how do you guys find this plane for longevity and holding up to the occasional knock and bump as it will inevetably get as it load and unload it into car and maybe have a less than perfect landing, during the build, i almost abandoned it, its just so light - to my mind light is weak and easily broken, heavy is strong and good in gusty wind?
but im probobly wrong on that idea?

the radio i am using is the new Spektrum DX6, so same as the DX9 as far as programming and dual rates etc

thanks for the help guys
Scottish_steve75 is offline Find More Posts by Scottish_steve75
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Registered User
Kevin_JaxFl's Avatar
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2013
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_steve75 View Post
Hi there,

i have just bought the Hobbyking version of this Edge 540t and was wondering what dual rates you guys normally run for the low rate - on low rate i would like it to be pretty much a sport plane with gentle aerobatics and on high rates, full on 3d setting

also how do you guys find this plane for longevity and holding up to the occasional knock and bump as it will inevetably get as it load and unload it into car and maybe have a less than perfect landing, during the build, i almost abandoned it, its just so light - to my mind light is weak and easily broken, heavy is strong and good in gusty wind?
but im probobly wrong on that idea?

the radio i am using is the new Spektrum DX6, so same as the DX9 as far as programming and dual rates etc

thanks for the help guys
I do not have my DX6 yet, but on the radio I am using I have the high rates set to 100% and 50% expo, Low rates Aile 65% Elev 70% Rudd 50% with 50% expo again. The plane is super sensitive in high rates and quite tame but still maneuverable in low rates. Could be slightly different for the DX6 or your flying style.

Hope this helps..
Kevin_JaxFl is offline Find More Posts by Kevin_JaxFl
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM
If it flies, I probably have 1
United Kingdom, Fauldhouse
Joined Mar 2014
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_JaxFl View Post
I do not have my DX6 yet, but on the radio I am using I have the high rates set to 100% and 50% expo, Low rates Aile 65% Elev 70% Rudd 50% with 50% expo again. The plane is super sensitive in high rates and quite tame but still maneuverable in low rates. Could be slightly different for the DX6 or your flying style.

Hope this helps..
Thanks, thats almost what i have set
i left high rates at 100% and no expo
and low rates (which i will be using to begin with ) at 60% and 30% expo on ailerons
and 70% and 30% expo on elevator

thanks
Scottish_steve75 is offline Find More Posts by Scottish_steve75
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM
Exodus 4:13
bhoov128's Avatar
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish_steve75 View Post
Thanks, thats almost what i have set
i left high rates at 100% and no expo
and low rates (which i will be using to begin with ) at 60% and 30% expo on ailerons
and 70% and 30% expo on elevator

thanks
Holy man... you do not want to be flying with 100% rates and no expo!! The littlest stick movements and you're going to be doing backflips!

I fly mine at 100% rates all the time, with 70% expo on all surfaces, fwiw
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:09 AM
If it flies, I probably have 1
United Kingdom, Fauldhouse
Joined Mar 2014
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
Holy man... you do not want to be flying with 100% rates and no expo!! The littlest stick movements and you're going to be doing backflips!

I fly mine at 100% rates all the time, with 70% expo on all surfaces, fwiw
LOL its ok, i dont intend to use full rates for now, only low - im only intermediate
Scottish_steve75 is offline Find More Posts by Scottish_steve75
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Skywing, Winner's Model, Hokusei, 3DHS 48"-55" EPP Build & Repair Tips groovejet 3D Foamies 407 Jul 24, 2014 07:05 PM
New Product SkyWing 39-in EPP Edge-540 feda 3D Foamies 120 Jan 22, 2014 06:01 PM
Discussion SkyWing 48-in Extra 300L Under Development feda 3D Foamies 229 Nov 04, 2012 01:55 AM
Sold 3DHS 48" Orange Edge 540 LPU in CT newheliguy81 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Aug 19, 2012 07:57 AM