HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2014, 03:21 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
The off camber corners are such a mind bender to get around but great when you get them right. The rest was entertaining too. Top marks for having the track in such an improved condition. It made the day!

Racing against more than just 1 other bike, and for a proper ten minute stint was a wonderful eye opener for me and it was just brilliant!

Same time next year?
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2014, 05:07 AM
United Kingdom, Ash
Joined May 2012
62 Posts
Cheers Richard and JB for the report and pics.

Sat and played with the steering last night and solved the problems I was having, my own ignorance a bit I suppose probably if I had built the bike myself (might have been worse!!) as opposed to getting it secondhand I might have spotted it. The steering was catching the tank moulding and his leg slightly, just enough to stop me getting enough steering and making it unpredictable. If we were running them regularly these are the sort of things you iron out - not in a heat Like my chain adjusters unscrewing in the last final which meant the chain was too lose and kept falling off in the last few minutes. Annoying that, as having solved the steering somewhat it was handling the best it had done all day.

After my speedo packed up in Round 1, I borrowed Richardís Turnigy speedo combo which worked really well, Iím going to get one myself. To be honest at £31 plus p&p for a waterproof set up you canít go wrong for these bikes. It was a 4000kv which is probably fine for power, too much and you are for ever stopping them wheeling out of the corners due to the knobbly tyre grip on grass.

I need to fix my HPI Bob down to his seat as well, he kept trying to get off - donít blame him tbh, but it probably unbalances things a little. The new AR rider is more prone and I think moulded in that position so he doesnít stand up. Need to get one of those little shirts for him!!

Thoroughly enjoyed myself though, didnít really care where I finished or whether I was marshalled I just wanted to run the bike on a proper off road track as opposed to Ďgolf course grassí. Itís the only way you can really find out what works etc.

Looking forward to Round 2ÖÖ..

Andy
andy_carless is offline Find More Posts by andy_carless
Old Aug 20, 2014, 04:51 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Well done guy's sounds like you had great fun.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Aug 20, 2014, 05:06 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,780 Posts
Persistence paid off finally. Glad to hear you got the first one busted out. Good luck getting round 2.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc