HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2014, 05:19 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,221 Posts
JustJ...what spinner if any are you using with the 2 blade prop?
agedflier is online now Find More Posts by agedflier
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2014, 09:53 PM
United States, AZ, Chino Valley
Joined Feb 2012
384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier View Post
JustJ...what spinner if any are you using with the 2 blade prop?
I'm just using the 'standard' prop adapter. I didn't mod the stock spinner but it was to much of a hassle after I shaved the prop tips on the runway.

J
justj is offline Find More Posts by justj
Old Sep 14, 2014, 01:12 AM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,221 Posts
JustJ..The standard prop is 3 blade..Did you not say your using a 2 blade now.??

My fly buddy is a great flyer and equally good trainer and I trust his judgement..In the Cpl of years we have been flying together he has never crashed anything that has not been properly set up..My Bixler2 had wings fold(my fault) my Ju52 was tail heavy (heavy landing no damage) and my HK 1200mm ME190 lost signal.. All good I say.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 08:00 AM
Joined Feb 2012
384 Posts
[QUOTE=agedflier;29436252]JustJ..The standard prop is 3 blade..Did you not say your using a 2 blade now.??

Yes, I'm running a 10x5 2-blade prop. There was quite a discussion about props for this plane earlier in this thread.

I got my replacement motor from http://www.headsuphobby.com/Emax-BL2...otor-G-660.htm

If you care to spend a few minutes, there is a chart that shows how the motor performs with different props. There are charts for most of the motors they sell.
You will notice it doesn't list a 3 blade prop. It doesn't mean you can't use one, but you would need to measure the amperage yourself to make sure you won't damage the motor.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 07:46 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,221 Posts
justj..I have read the thread..My original quote was "what 2 blade spinner are you using" You may have missed that?? Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 09:58 PM
Joined Feb 2012
384 Posts
Quote:
justj..I have read the thread..My original quote was "what 2 blade spinner are you using" You may have missed that?? Thanks.
Didn't miss it, thought I'd answered but it's a bit hard to describe........ I use the 'standard' compression type prop adapter. It has a 'sort-of-a' spinner as the prop nut. So it's a 'mini' spinner, just not a separate unit like the one that comes stock.
Does that help?

J
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:40 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justj View Post
Didn't miss it, thought I'd answered but it's a bit hard to describe........ I use the 'standard' compression type prop adapter. It has a 'sort-of-a' spinner as the prop nut. So it's a 'mini' spinner, just not a separate unit like the one that comes stock.
Does that help?

J
yep think so...Like the ones on my Dynam Catalina and Storch..?? I thought it was similar to the 3 blader. I just checked my DC-2 beaver It has 2 blade prop that might fit with nice chrome spinner.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:08 PM
Joined Feb 2012
384 Posts
Found a picture, saves a lot of words.......
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:43 AM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
551 Posts
The more I fly this plane, the better I like it. Flew it with the new 50c 3s batteries and it sure did make a difference. Next step is to tint the windows. Can't post a pic for some reason
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Sep 16, 2014, 05:23 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyinff View Post
The more I fly this plane, the better I like it. Flew it with the new 50c 3s batteries and it sure did make a difference. Next step is to tint the windows. Can't post a pic for some reason
Tamiya has a good tint that I used...A.F.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 06:37 AM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,559 Posts
Quote:
Tamiya has a good tint that I used...A.F.
Can you please post a site that sells if ??
captain MoMo is offline Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2014, 06:47 AM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
551 Posts
I just bought some from HobbyTown yesterday. It's Testors brand for $6.50. Have yet to try it, but I suspect it will do the job
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff