SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 05, 2003, 10:24 AM
Ron
Chilliwack B.C. Canada
Joined Nov 1999
1,318 Posts
Chilliwack 2003

Looks like we are all set for the spring fly in again, and it is on the usual Memorial Day weekend. Starts on friday, goes through till mon. There will be float flying at our pond Saturday and Sunday mornings, and flying at the field till all hours of the night.
Camping spots are available at the field free, but you should let me know ahead of time if you have a tent, trailer, or what ever, just so we can get you settled in with as little problems as possible. Weather permitting, there will be a BBQ Saturday night, and Mark, I saved you a piece of Pizza from last year since you didn't make it, but Fred drank your beer as he was afraid it would go bad. This is also a swap meet, so bring along anything you wish to get rid of, and we'll try to find it a new home.
Looking forward to seeing everyone here again for a great time.
If you need more information email...eflier@dowco.com
Ron is offline Find More Posts by Ron
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2003, 05:08 PM
H2OFLY
Portland Oregon USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,509 Posts
Ron,

If my son ever gets to really liking flying...or when he leaves home (8 more years), then I will get up there.

And...invitation is open for you to meander down to Vancouver USA the first weekend in May for the Celebration of Silent Flight, as well as the weekend after the weekend of July Fourth...that's the NorthWest Regional Seaplane Championships - with an Electric section. Cash prizes, even, for electrics, plus trophies.

Y'all c'mon down, y'hear?

Terry
temacc is offline Find More Posts by temacc
Old Apr 06, 2003, 12:09 AM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,528 Posts
I'll be there.

--Paul
Paul Susbauer is online now Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 06, 2003, 12:38 AM
CP140 NAVCOM
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Feb 2001
655 Posts
Jeez, it's almost that time of year again! I better get my act together and get all these planes that aer almost finished, done.
I'll be there Ron, once again sleeping in my Mini overnight on Sat.

Everyone needs to bring some sort of name tag this year that identify's your E-zone name, so we can all finally put a face to a name...... just a thought!

Posting a map for all those that need directions on how to get there
knight of Ni is offline Find More Posts by knight of Ni
Old Apr 06, 2003, 01:37 AM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
Count me in!

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old Apr 06, 2003, 08:58 PM
Got Lights?
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Joined Jul 2002
312 Posts
w00h000

Matthew J. Currie
Curtek Systems
mcu-electric is offline Find More Posts by mcu-electric
Old Apr 07, 2003, 03:30 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Feb 2001
655 Posts
Matt, you gotta bring some of your light sets! I'll have cash in hand! maybe get some night flying in with my Gym-E

Martin, you're gonna have to rent a U-haul to bring all of your creations in, and a small fleet of pilots to ensure they all get flown! roflol
knight of Ni is offline Find More Posts by knight of Ni
Last edited by knight of Ni; Apr 07, 2003 at 03:32 PM.
Old Apr 07, 2003, 03:50 PM
Got Lights?
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Joined Jul 2002
312 Posts
I will most likely visit with goodies. I am planning to donate a couple systems for some type of contest or other charitable cause; suggestions? I am thinking also about having a 'chilliwack' special for systems to offset the nasty cost of us getting our gear across the ocean. We have also thought about bringing a hundred feet or so of rope lighting to make night runways and other structure lighting. I have a 400W power inverter and may be able to get a large deep cycle battery to run them for a couple hours. Anyone playing with video yet? I have a plane with a high quality video downlink fed to a laptop for display and video capture. I may also have a GPS onboard by then to downlink the dynamics like altitude, ground speed, and position. Will there be a 'full-size' airshow operating in the vicinity again like last year? That was interesting to watch while trying to pilot an R/C =) I can only hope the weather will be better than it has been over here for the last couple weeks which im sure it will be.

Regards,
Matt
Old Apr 07, 2003, 06:19 PM
HobbyKing
Joined Apr 2001
4,528 Posts
If you light up the runway, I'll fly my Lil 3Der at night there. I might even need to get a set of lights for it.

--Paul
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 07, 2003, 10:22 PM
Spittin' Sparx forever...
West Vancouver, BC
Joined Mar 2000
482 Posts
Matt,
I doubt if we'll be lucky enough to get the full-size airshow at the spring Fly-In. The summer Fly-In at Ron's usually coincides with the full-size Chilliwack Airshow, so a couple of the Burnaby club members that fly big stuff usually come by to turn some heads while they are tuning up their flight routines over the river, which is directly behind Ron's field...
DougB
DougB is offline Find More Posts by DougB
Old Apr 07, 2003, 11:05 PM
Tee Sqaured
Langley, B.C, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
4,548 Posts
Add me to the list! im comming to see yeah guys too!

Can't wait! better start fixen up models for then!

See you all there!

Thomas
Thomas Manson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Manson
Old Apr 08, 2003, 02:40 AM
HobbyKing
Joined Apr 2001
4,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by knight of Ni
Everyone needs to bring some sort of name tag this year that identify's your E-zone name, so we can all finally put a face to a name...... just a thought!
I've contacted Shawn Palmer about possibly setting up an Ezone booth so you guys can all come and check in.

--Paul
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2003, 03:41 AM
Got Lights?
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Joined Jul 2002
312 Posts
DougB,

Yup thats what I meant I actually forgot about the low 'field directed' pass (how could I?!) but was more referring to the lingering presence of huge bombers and jets circling the field staging for the chilliwack airshow. I remember specifically a couple tiger moth looking craft in formation while we were flying float down at the 'water hole'. Should be fun.

Regards,
Matthew
Old Apr 09, 2003, 10:31 PM
Ron
Chilliwack B.C. Canada
Joined Nov 1999
1,318 Posts
Doug B....Actually, we don't have our summer fly in the same weekend as the full size airshow, they have the full size airshow on the same weekend we have our fly in.
Looking forward to having everyone here again, Susan is already planning dinner.... Martin...will the boss be coming with you again??? I still have her horse ready to saddle up.
Ron is offline Find More Posts by Ron
Old Apr 10, 2003, 12:00 AM
Spittin' Sparx forever...
West Vancouver, BC
Joined Mar 2000
482 Posts
Ok OK, just so we got it right! Hey Ron, how do you feel about staging an F5D pylon race or two over the weekend? A lot of guys have been asking about where we could stage a race and unfortunately Burnaby Lake ain't gonna do it (safety, too many people without planes to fly...) Let me know what you think...See you soon

DougB
DougB is offline Find More Posts by DougB