SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:01 AM
Be an organ donor
Little Rock, AR. U.S.A via U.K
Joined May 2004
1,158 Posts
Alert
RnR Products

About four months ago, I put a "RANT" here about RnR Products, the maker of RnR sailplanes. Back in January of this year I called RnR and spoke to Richard. After a brief conversation about two carbon fiber wing joiners I needed, and of which he said two were available and would be mailed the next day, I sent a check to pay for them. The rant was because they never arrived. "They got lost, I only had one and needed to make more" were the first excuses. Then about five months into this farce, the reason was moving the company, "With twenty years of molds and machinery, it will take a while to get going again." I thought, no big deal. I've waited this long, give the guy a break. I have sent several emails during this period, and the most frustrating part for me was not being informed on what the hell was going on. On April 10th, I got an email saying my joiners would be mailed soon. May 23rd, delay in tooling, joiners first on the list. 2nd August, Joiners cooking and will be mailed tomorrow. This past Monday, the 19th, I sent an email saying that I expected a response by today, Friday the 29th that my joiners were in the mail and a tracking number, or I was taking legal action. After seven months of waiting, sadly, this is now out of my hands. Copies of the emails will be going to the attorney.

This is an alert that if you are looking at RnR for a product, you may want to look elsewhere. Hell,.for all I know, they may have gone belly up.
kwmtrubrit is offline Find More Posts by kwmtrubrit
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:23 AM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,754 Posts
Legal action over a set of joiners? Bla bla bla......
s2000 is offline Find More Posts by s2000
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:56 AM
Be an organ donor
Joined May 2004
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000 View Post
Legal action over a set of joiners? Bla bla bla......
Thank you for your comment.

They have my money with what appears to be no intention of returning it. I don't have the product after seven months. and I have a plane that can't be flown. BLA BLA yourself
Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:04 AM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,982 Posts
Looks like your'e going to have to learn the art of making your own joiners in a hurry....

Chris
Woodstock 1 is online now Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:21 AM
Be an organ donor
Joined May 2004
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1 View Post
Looks like your'e going to have to learn the art of making your own joiners in a hurry....

Chris
How right you are Chris.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 05:37 AM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,879 Posts
By any chance kwmtrubrit have you asked for your money to be returned?
Uh, you sent a check.Was the check actually 'cashed'?
If you really want to share you'll need to spill the beans.
As far as I know RnR had ceased RC production some time ago though remain RC enthusiasts.
As for the attorney,is this a s.o.p. on your part?Unless you have ready access to an attorney to settle a small claims suit,you might be ahead to find someone else to fabricate the wing rod(s) for you.
What size/style of rod do you need?
Sad to hear of your difficulty & I hope this helps.
Skies
Jay.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:31 PM
Be an organ donor
Joined May 2004
1,158 Posts
This was 1/24/13
This is Keith ********, from Little Rock, AR. I talked to you yesterday about a wing joiner for the plane in question. I did measure and can confirm the joiner measures 3/8x5/8.
I also included some pictures of the plane. Unfortunately, the paint on the fuse doesn't match the wings due to a repair and paint job, but at 200ft who will care, right?
Could you also give me some info on CG, throws, etc.

2/16/13
I'm following up on my purchase of two (2) wing joiners for the sailplane shown below. I mailed a check to RnR a couple of weeks ago and wanted to confirm it did arrive. I'm not in any major hurry for the wing joiners, but would like to know that they are in fact in the works.

4/6/13
This is becoming more than a joke. Even crap from China would have arrived by now. If you don't want to sell me the wing joiners, return my money and we will call it quits. I expect a response from you within the next five working days telling me your plan of action, either you are sending the wing joiners or refunding my money. You can respond to this email or my phone number: 501-***-****. To confirm my mailing address: Keith ********, (address)

Thank you so much.,

This was 4/10/13
Hi Keith,
My apologies for dropping the ball. We've been in the process of moving the business to a new location and I obviously haven't been as attentive to your order as I should. I'll overnight your order out shortly.

5/23/13
My sincerest apologies Keith... it's taken way longer than anticipated to move 20+ years of tooling and equipment. I'll be at the new location next week setting up production and your joiners are first on the list.
Talk to you soon...

6/27/13
It has been 5 months since I called and ordered two wing joiners, and sent you a check for the purchase. It has been one month (over actually) since your email telling me the move was taking longer than expected, but would be in the new location in a week and you would talk to me soon. Is your communication as poor with other customers that are purchasing a multi hundred dollar sailplane? I do hope not. Care to share what's going on with my joiners?

7/30/13
I really do hate to be a pain in your rear, but it has now been six months since my order for two wing joiners, CG and flight control throw info. On the 10th of April, your email stated my order would be mailed out soon. Your last email on the 23rd of May' 13, said, "I'll be in the new location next week setting up production and your joiners are first on the list, Talk to you soon." That was over two months ago. Are you still in business, or Is this your typical customer service? If so, it's amazing you've been in business for, "20+ years."

8We're up now and your joiners are cooking at this moment. I'll be shipping them tomorrow.

And no...by no means is this typical customer service./02/13
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:38 PM
Be an organ donor
Joined May 2004
1,158 Posts
ABO, only a part of my info was taken. My fault, I had dinner and came back to finish, but you get the drift.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 08:55 AM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,109 Posts
1) you are using an attorney for a $70 (?) claim? Really?
2) put a want add here on the groups
3) make your own or have someone make them
4) just let it go and move on
5) sell what you have and buy something else
jaizon is offline Find More Posts by jaizon
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:00 AM
United States, VA, Norfolk
Joined Sep 2007
441 Posts
Where is RNR located? Who are you dealing with? I thought these guys used to be in San Jose, right?

Randy
burke757 is online now Find More Posts by burke757
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:01 AM
United States, VA, Norfolk
Joined Sep 2007
441 Posts
You know Sean Brown right? I think I met you once in Pensacola.

Randy
burke757 is online now Find More Posts by burke757
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:05 AM
Be an organ donor
Joined May 2004
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaizon View Post
1) you are using an attorney for a $70 (?) claim? Really?
2) put a want add here on the groups
3) make your own or have someone make them
4) just let it go and move on
5) sell what you have and buy something else
1) It has nothing to do with the $$ or the plane that's now not flyable.
2) FUNNY
3) No ability to make my own. RnR took that job on, and the money which has not been returned.
4) I've moved on. It's not my problem any more.
5) Why would I pass a non-flyable plane on to someone else, and thank you, I have plenty of other planes I fly. No need to buy more.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:10 PM
Be an organ donor
Joined May 2004
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burke757 View Post
Where is RNR located? Who are you dealing with? I thought these guys used to be in San Jose, right?

Randy
Hey Randy,

Yes I know Sean very well. I consider him a dear friend. Yes we have met, how are things?

RnR were in Milpitas, CA, now supposedly in Montague, CA. I'm not sure if that's in or near San Jose.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 07:06 PM
Joined Mar 2014
2 Posts
RNR product is in Montague Ca. It's near Yreka, Ca. I spoke to the owner Richard Tiltman. He seemed very clueless of his products. My friends owns a couple of his things. They called for a repair and suggestions. He just ignored all questions that requires him to think. It's very flimsy and made very poorly. It doesn't hold up to any hype it's got. I think this guy is just trying to make a quick buck for its half fast job products. I don't recommend his products. You want quality work, look somewhere else.
Johnsmithsplanes is offline Find More Posts by Johnsmithsplanes
Old Mar 31, 2014, 07:48 PM
Joined Mar 2014
2 Posts
Does anyone know Richard Tiltman's back ground of how he knows how to make his products? His education etc..,,
Johnsmithsplanes is offline Find More Posts by Johnsmithsplanes