SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:50 AM
Maine
Joined Jul 2009
310 Posts
Discussion
SIG Wonder Questions

Hey all

I have been into RC my whole life, and I have started building my first kit, a SIG Wonder.

Well I understand it is not rocker science, but do have a few questions. I am pretty much done building the wing, and when I went to put on thop leading edge of the 2-3/4x36" long balsa piece I made a mistake and when to the front edge of the leading edge instead of trimming a 1/4" off liek the bottom and starting at the 1/4" square spar like on the bottom side. Of course I noticed this after it had glued on. Wll I cut, peeled, etc, and got the piece off and did it the way it should have been done. It is not as neat and clean now, will hit it with a sanding block. To make a long story short, how "PERFECT" does this all need to be? I know as close as possible, but is there forgivness? Are these little errors gonna make it so the plane won't fly right? Same with the fueselage, all built up, is it perfect... no, but not far off. Am I worring for nothing?

I am defintley used to better instructions, and more pictures.

Thanks
George
gagallagher044 is offline Find More Posts by gagallagher044
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:01 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,486 Posts
and friend once told me "you shoot for perfection, and take what you get"

most lil flaws can be trimmed out! keep in mind the faster you fly something, the more a flaw will show up!
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: great day!
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:44 PM
Maine
Joined Jul 2009
310 Posts
Anyone else build kits?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:35 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,486 Posts
sometimes it takes pictures to get poeple interested! just saying!
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: great day!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:18 AM
Maine
Joined Jul 2009
310 Posts
Yeah I will have to take some I guess.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:29 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2006
603 Posts
Start at the leading edge and wrap over the ribs and down the spar. I like to have the sheeting halfway on the spar to support the capstrips. Always hold it down and straight while doing this. I always block the trailing edge on a level to ensure a straight trailing edge also. Practice.
Beardiedrg is offline Find More Posts by Beardiedrg