HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Sep 2011
7 Posts
Discussion
Aurora 9 slider mod

Want to know if someone who's opened up their aurora 9 can help me. Looking at buying one, but was wondering if I could replace one or both of the sliders with pan pots (preferably larger 3/4" diameter ones)? Are the slider controls proportional inputs that can be routed directly to control a servo output? Any help would be much appreciated as I can't get my hands on one without ordering online.
Cheers,
Jon
blckdmp is offline Find More Posts by blckdmp
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:41 PM
AMA 754
Phoenix area
Joined Apr 2004
1,638 Posts
Jon, the Aurora 9 allows you to assign any switch or slider to any available channel, and yes, if you plug a servo into that channel it will follow the slider position. I had my A9 case opened up this weekend, and IMHO, you'd have a hard time replacing the slider controls with any other type because they're molded into a plastic holder that fits into a small receptacle below the slider and is then sandwiched between the front and back halves of the case.
BobRCnut is offline Find More Posts by BobRCnut
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:54 PM
Quincy IL
Joined Jul 2006
522 Posts
Yes they are electrically 5 K pots 270 degrees rotation.

Like Bob says the case is custom molded to mount the pot and would be a big hack job to modify.
Hugh P is offline Find More Posts by Hugh P
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:56 AM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
USA, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2007
2,464 Posts
You could just mod the plastic slider part to hold whatever size you want. Not sure why you would want to change it, they are easy to operate the way they are.
fcbflyer is offline Find More Posts by fcbflyer