HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:23 PM
California
Joined Nov 2009
150 Posts
Discussion
AeriCam X6---Hexacopter--Offical Thread.

Here are some high lights for the AeriCam X6.

---Capable of lifting up to 15lb cameras, 20lb total payloads.

---Non Conductive G10 main frame for Robust radio reception.

--Arch Arm for higher flight stability.

---All Electronics Protected inside the main frame.

---First commercial multicopter frame with helicopter like orientation aid.

--First commercial Multicopter frame with folder prop guard to reduce liability when flying
near people and easy for transportation

--Tested with Hacker motors, brand trusted in the first manned multicopter and in many
pro plane flyers to increase reliability of the Multicopter.

--6S Lipo power system for easy transition from helicam to mulitcopters and reduce
cost on getting additional lipo.

--Robust frame design with shorter arms to reduce arm flex and vibration.

--Purpose design for heavy cameras.

--Fold-able Arm for on the go Professionals.

--Large Main frame to allow great separation between sensitive electronics to increase
Flight controller stability.

--Up to Six 6S lipo can be mounted on frame.

--Tested with Affordable, efficient and reliable wood props.

--Eliminate need for multiple AP platform for different camera payload and wind condition.

--Electronics Setup, flight controller setting and tips included for WooKong M User.

--Similar to 700/800 helicam in lift, wind stability.

--Design for Professionals.

In Flight Video--

Hexacopter for Aerial Photography--AeriCam X6 -In Flight video (3 min 33 sec)

AeriCam X6 In Flight action (3 min 46 sec)

Raw Video

Hexacopter ----AeriCam X6-for Aerial Photography (4 min 56 sec)

Hexacopter ----AeriCam X6-for Aerial Photography (5 min 37 sec)

High Wind Test

Hexacopter for Aerial Photography--AeriCam X6--10 to 15 mph wind test (4 min 32 sec)

Hexacopter for Aerial Photography--AeriCam X6 15 to 25 mph wind test (6 min 27 sec)

Zoom in Video Test

Hexacopter for Aerial Photography--AeriCam X6--zoomed in video test (4 min 11 sec)
quadman is offline Find More Posts by quadman
Last edited by quadman; Apr 30, 2012 at 11:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:33 AM
FPV ADDICT
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
AWSOME looking hexa! Any info on the frames like where can I get one? Need a test pilot...I volunteer!
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Last edited by Wirewolf903; Apr 11, 2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:43 AM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
She's a beast to be sure.

any idea's on frame pricing yet?
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:29 AM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
That is a sweet looking frame, more info would be nice.
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:06 AM
FPV ADDICT
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
I'm guessing the price tage is in the range of $1k-$1.5 just for the frame from looking at all the pieces to the frame. The more parts = higher price! I also see the word "professional" which also means $$$!
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:35 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirewolf903 View Post
I'm guessing the price tage is in the range of $1k-$1.5 just for the frame from looking at all the pieces to the frame. The more parts = higher price! I also see the word "professional" which also means $$$!
+1
Whenever a price is not posted its usually to get people interested before they find out how expensive it is.
The problem is that type of marketing doesnt work well here.
Never heard of an expensive high end pro G10 frame so maybe its not expensive.
I wonder how much it weighs.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:28 AM
California
Joined Nov 2009
150 Posts
Here are some numbers for ones interested. They are not final prices, could still be 10 to 15% fluctuation as we are still waiting to hear back from couple of suppliers.

We will offer in 2 configurations for this Frame. One with Blade guards and another without. This is 100% made in US and as you know labor in US machine shops are very expensive and we try very hard to negotiate with different machine shops to make it affordable. This is a setup that you can count on for all kind of situation, you don't need 2, 3 models for different situation, so maybe it's not too expensive if you put that in consideration.

Blade guard version--$1,300USD
No Balde Guard Version--$1,150USD
Pre-Order for Blade Guard Version--$1,050
Pre-Order for No blade guard version--$950

Give us a week to get back to you guys on some solid numbers.

Z06 Tony---We purposely use G10 over CF. As if our frame is make of CF, I don't think I can trust the reception and Flight Controller's stability might compromise. We rather have a heavier frame that give us clean signal than a lighter frame that compromise reception and FC stability.
Last edited by quadman; Apr 11, 2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:50 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,437 Posts
What motor2motor distance does the frame have? What propeller-size you are using? I assume the gimbal is part of the frame is it?

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:56 AM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
905 Posts
I was going to ask about the gimbal, I thought it was one of those new Alware gimbals?
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Last edited by RC Flying UK; Apr 11, 2012 at 06:01 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:13 AM
California
Joined Nov 2009
150 Posts
No, It's our AeriCam 360 Camera Mount that we been selling for a while. And we are currently working on a heavy duty 3 Axis camera mount for big cameras and also testing a Gyro stabilize camera mount specially for the Aericam multicopters.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:16 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,437 Posts
next try ...

What is the diagonal motor distance? What Prop sizes can be used?

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:20 AM
California
Joined Nov 2009
150 Posts
900mm, we use16" props

Gimbal is a different product. Just frame. We will have photos of just the frame next week. The camera mount was use to help capture demo videos.
Last edited by quadman; Apr 11, 2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:41 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,764 Posts
Cinestar and Droidworx who arguably make the best pro frames both use CF and I dont ever recall any users complaining about the reception when using their high end CF frames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadman View Post

Z06 Tony---We purposely use G10 over CF. As if our frame is make of CF, I don't think I can trust the reception and Flight Controller's stability might compromise. We rather have a heavier frame that give us clean signal than a lighter frame that compromise reception and FC stability.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:36 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadman View Post
Here are some numbers for ones interested. They are not final prices, could still be 10 to 15% fluctuation as we are still waiting to hear back from couple of suppliers.

We will offer in 2 configurations for this Frame. One with Blade guards and another without. This is 100% made in US and as you know labor in US machine shops are very expensive and we try very hard to negotiate with different machine shops to make it affordable. This is a setup that you can count on for all kind of situation, you don't need 2, 3 models for different situation, so maybe it's not too expensive if you put that in consideration.

Blade guard version--$1,300USD
No Balde Guard Version--$1,150USD
Pre-Order for Blade Guard Version--$1,050
Pre-Order for No blade guard version--$950

Give us a week to get back to you guys on some solid numbers.

What you said makes no sense.
The problem with some of you design guys is you do not know about the products you are designing the frames for.
I see it all the time.
If you did you would know that G10 is not used on high end frames and CF is not gonna have the probloems you claim.
Looks like your main target audience is guys who are new to the hobby and do not know alot about this stuff.
You really should list the weight of the frame or people will know you are hiding those #'s cus its heavy.
I will guess over 5lbs.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:21 AM
I think I forgot how to fly RC
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,063 Posts
why all the vitriol towards the guy wanting to use G10?

Everyone has their own theory regarding CF versus non RF blocking material.
Any of you who have ever flown composite gliders or large gas planes know that its a must to keep the CF away from any receivers so as to not shadow the path.

Take any 2.4ghz receiver and place it inside a CF fuse and see what sort of range you get.
It will be short. This is why most all 2.4ghz vendors have receivers with extra long ant wires specifically designed for carbon fiber installations.

With the size and complexity of this new frame, coupled with a large gimbal, thats an awful lot of CF to block signal path.

Most droidworx and Cinestar frames do not have all the design elements that this frame obviously has. They are usually very flat and straightforward frames.

This mother of all frames is not your run of the mill design as one can easily see.

If it were made of CF throughout, I'd certainly hang my Futaba diversity receivers off one of the booms pointing down so it had a clear path.

Lets try to not be discouraging to someone coming out with something new. Not very friendly I think.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Apr 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM.