SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I'm really surprised there seems to be many having trouble flashing in the firmware. I've done it dozens of times, both with original Release 1 firmware and new release 2 firmware, and have had smooth sailing. I have no idea what the difference might be other than pushing buttons too soon or something. Are you using the Release 2 firmware from this thread?
I'm a newbie to these cameras but followed your directions to the "T" and it worked the first time, no problem at all.
Kent
Kent2406 is offline Find More Posts by Kent2406
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:11 PM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
I agree with Bill the Prof, too many shots of meters and oscilloscopes and stuff

Here's some excitement I had today starting at 3:25 of the vid. #11 keyfob video starts at 30 secs but I had to mix an fpv recording in at the start.

Read the description of the video for a little more info and watch full screen if you can.

We're all going to DIE !!!! (4 min 31 sec)

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:19 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadaba2 View Post
I agree with Bill the Prof, too many shots of meters and oscilloscopes and stuff

Here's some excitement I had today starting at 3:25 of the vid. #11 keyfob video starts at 30 secs but I had to mix an fpv recording in at the start.

Read the description of the video for a little more info and watch full screen if you can.

http://www.vimeo.com/25054488

Yabba
Yabba,

That was exhausting. In the beginning I thought you were going to nail that light pole but you masterfully flew to the left. Successful landing. Nice job.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Jun 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:34 PM
Must not buy more planes!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,384 Posts
I just received two new cams from one of the approved dealers on page 1. These are my 2nd and 3rd HD cams. One of them, however, has a problem: the computer doesn't see it.

It acts fine in every way. It turns on and off. It records. When I plug it into the PC - on a known good USB cable - the red LED comes on. When I press power, the yellow LED comes on. But the computer doesn't see it.

I've tried changing out the memory card. No joy. I can put a memory card in it, record a scene, put that memory card into another camera, plug it in and read it. But the PC just doesn't acknowledge that the problem cam is there.

It seems like the USB connection on this camera might be bad although, as I said, the camera red LED comes on when I plug it in, so the power's coming through at least.

Any ideas? None of the problems on page #1 really sound like my problem.
mclarkson is offline Find More Posts by mclarkson
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:53 PM
Ελλάς, Αττική, Αθήνα
Joined Apr 2011
316 Posts
It sounds like the usb plug of the camera has a problem, as you said.
I would try another cable, even if this works on some other cameras, and plug it directly to the motherboard, not in the front USB of the case.
Using no extension cable.
air_crash is offline Find More Posts by air_crash
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:57 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarkson View Post
I just received two new cams from one of the approved dealers on page 1. These are my 2nd and 3rd HD cams. One of them, however, has a problem: the computer doesn't see it.

It acts fine in every way. It turns on and off. It records. When I plug it into the PC - on a known good USB cable - the red LED comes on. When I press power, the yellow LED comes on. But the computer doesn't see it.

I've tried changing out the memory card. No joy. I can put a memory card in it, record a scene, put that memory card into another camera, plug it in and read it. But the PC just doesn't acknowledge that the problem cam is there.

It seems like the USB connection on this camera might be bad although, as I said, the camera red LED comes on when I plug it in, so the power's coming through at least.

Any ideas? None of the problems on page #1 really sound like my problem.
If the same PC port and cable works fine with the other two cameras, then they should be OK. It could be a dirty, bent, or broken data pin on the mini-USB connector. Have you tried the webcam mode yet? If webcam mode works, then the USB plug data lines in the camera are working. If you can't get into web cam mode either, try cleaning the pins in the camera USB plug. Wet the cable end contacts with alcohol, or better yet, Corrosion-X, and repeatedly insert/extract the plug a number of times to see if that helps.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:24 AM
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetec View Post
..: but do have a car and can hold it out the window!

Richard
Richard,
Thanks for your fine effort on clarifying the source, and reducing the problem.. Good Show. generally i'm not really yelling at my buddies but the wind and ambient noise at the distance they are from the mic relative to me under the hat is just too much for the MIC to handle conversations without considerable distortion. I may just mod one and see.. since I'm pretty sure I'll need to replace the lipo in one or two fairly soon anyway.. Thanks Again..
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:55 AM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,384 Posts
I've never used ANY of my cameras in webcam mode, so I'm not sure what I ought to be seeing.

My instructions say press and hold both buttons while plugging into the PC. I do this and get a blinking LED: yellow - red - yellow - red.

Again, my computer gives no indication that it sees the device out there.

I'm using the same USB port and cable that I use for all six of my cameras, HD and not. I have had charging problems before going thru a hub, so I don't do that anymore.

No luck with the alcohol.
Last edited by mclarkson; Jun 14, 2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:27 AM
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
If you have a v1 or v2 #11, you have no indication of when the battery is fully charged when charging via the car charger or another external charger with the special plug, unless you are using the emergency charger accerssory, which has it's own charging LED. You can time the charge and go from that but that is not a positive indicator. I guess that's why the v3 was designed.

The use of the timeset.txt file should have no effect on the charging.
Tom,
thanks, i used all three cams to cover several RC sailboat races this weekend and find I myself restarting the cam over and over after the one or two long runs, This should be expected i guess .. but not after just 2o to 30 mins as it is now on a couple of them.. I suppose I'll need to rig the pin 4 Ext battery connector to avoid this, and record while the Ext Lipo is plugged in. The audio beeps are irritating and I cant really tell if the things have properly recharged doing it in the field. the Jumbo coming may bypass the problem for a while.. one thing is certain i never thought I'd be taking so MUCH video on these silly little cams but they are so convenient by comparison to a real camcorder.
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Old Jun 14, 2011, 01:32 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,889 Posts
Quote:
I've never used ANY of my cameras in webcam mode, so I'm not sure what I ought to be seeing.

My instructions say press and hold both buttons while plugging into the PC. I do this and get a blinking LED: yellow - red - yellow - red.

I'm using the same USB port and cable that I use for all six of my cameras, HD and not. I have had charging problems before going thru a hub, so I don't do that anymore.

No luck with the alcohol.
When you said the camera is not recognized, I guess you don't get the audible tone the PC normally gives either when it loads the driver for the removeable memory? Sounds like it's back to the vendor on that one!
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 14, 2011, 03:36 AM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,384 Posts
Yep. No tone, and a check of drives and devices shows that nothing new has appeared.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 03:39 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadaba2 View Post

http://www.vimeo.com/25054488

Yabba
What hardware you use for FPV? This #11 Key Cam and what else? How do you connect if this cam doesn't have video OUT?
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
Old Jun 14, 2011, 05:39 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2010
71 Posts
Force #11 808 camera into Webcam Mode

Quote:

Try this procedure (leave the cable attached between the camera and the PC) :

Briefly press the rear button to switch the camera on as normal.

Usually, the yellow LED blinks twice before it enters standby or file transfer mode (as when connected to a PC).

As soon as the LED comes on for the first time, press & hold the front button down for 4 seconds - longer is OK.

It will flicker a few times, go out and glow steadily again - you have forced the camera into webcam mode.

Attached is VmCam, a small 'AmCap' variation for testing your camera / webcam.

I'm going to 'lie low' now - agreed, far too much boring technical stuff, advice and pictures...

Good luck all, Richard
timetec is offline Find More Posts by timetec
Last edited by timetec; Jun 14, 2011 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Updated, using a simpler method.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 05:54 AM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2010
2,384 Posts
Hmmm... That worked. And my first test of it afterwards, without the tricky timing, worked as well.

So thanks! I'm still not sure what's going on here, but it worked twice. That's a big improvement.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 07:14 AM
Spain, PV, Las Arenas
Joined Jun 2009
141 Posts
Hi friends,

Just say thank you for this thread, which is amazing.
I got a 808 #11 camera and it is a really great.

My planes are parked now, but I uhave used it for airsoft, so I mounted it over my G36K airsoft rifle and this is the result. Edited with iMovie.

Enjoy . Cheers

AIRSOFT CQB GEARS 12-6-2011 (1 min 56 sec)
baxter is offline Find More Posts by baxter
Closed Thread